• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Agrees with Trump's Tweets on his Immigration EO and the Court Orders Thereto?

Kemosloby

Premium Member
How do you deal with the cognitive dissonance behind;
1) Believing that since experience is a good teacher, a judge should go to prison so he'll make better informed decisions.
2) Believing that a President with no political experience is preferable.

The judge learning about prison life is just a perk, He's going there for reefer charges. Washington recreational marijuana violates federal law.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
The judge learning about prison life is just a perk, He's going there for reefer charges. Washington recreational marijuana violates federal law.

So you've jumped to an assumption of guilt on pot charges, and call for a sentence of 10-12 years on a first offence.
I assume, at this point, you're not actually trying to convince me of any sort of rationalism, right? Just gut feel responses?

Kemosloby

Premium Member
So you've jumped to an assumption of guilt on pot charges, and call for a sentence of 10-12 years on a first offence.
I assume, at this point, you're not actually trying to convince me of any sort of rationalism, right? Just gut feel responses?
Speculating on what Trump could get the judge on. I'd bet pot. And it is a federal law, so the judges arbitrary enforcement of federal aw shows him to be a hypocrite, and probably impeachable or at least could be inconvenienced with the legal process.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Speculating on what Trump could get the judge on. I'd bet pot. And it is a federal law, so the judges arbitrary enforcement of federal aw shows him to be a hypocrite, and probably impeachable or at least could be inconvenienced with the legal process.

Maximum of 1 year for possession, with no minimum jail time. You'll have to get him for the sale of approximately 50kg if you want him locked up for 10 years.
(I even said 'jail' instead of 'gaol'!)

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Maximum of 1 year for possession, with no minimum jail time. You'll have to get him for the sale of approximately 50kg if you want him locked up for 10 years.
(I even said 'jail' instead of 'gaol'!)
He can be impeached even for a misdemeanor

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
"I was in prison and you came to visit me" So it's just as well to send people to visit the prisoners. And give the refugees their houses, food and clothing, while the Washington State residents are living off the taxpayers in prison. Hows that sound?
It sounds like crazy nonsense.

Nous

Premium Member
It's interesting as hell that it's so hard to find people who truly agree with the idiocy produced by Trump's Propecia-induced madness. Obviously no one here has argued that the provisions of his EO are constitutional, or that his personal insults of federal judges are wise.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What changes to immigration laws do you propose? Hopefully it's something constitutional.
Constitutional?
Why would that matter?

I'd concentrate more on those immigrants who'd benefit us....the selfish approach.

Akivah

I don't care how staunch of a conservative you are, there has to be a point where someone is such an inept and unethical buffoon that you can no longer be in denial about it just for the sake of partisan loyalty.

So far, I like SOME of the actions that he's taken. However, his manner and behavior is not presidential. He hasn't done anything criminal yet. I think his big downfall and impeachment will be from ethics violations with his businesses benefiting from his political decisions.

I sure hope both parties can field some new blood in four years.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Why, because you guys can't accept that the guy you voted for is a complete idiot who wipes his *** with the Constitution? Not the judge's fault.

I knew about the right to peaceful protest, but not the one about peaceful invasion.. I only suspected it because of the open southern border, hopefully, soon to be resolved.

idav

Being
Premium Member
I knew about the right to peaceful protest, but not the one about peaceful invasion.. I only suspected it because of the open southern border, hopefully, soon to be resolved.
What makes you think we have an open southern border.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
What makes you think we have an open southern border.

Using the term loosely, they are open to illegal immigration, drug and human smuggling. Which is noticeable by the large numbers of illegal immigrants from the region. And perhaps they will be smuggling some of that Afghan heroin in on these middle east refugee planes, processed by ISIS and delivered courtesy of those who work in secret. Trump needs to shut that down.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Using the term loosely, they are open to illegal immigration, drug and human smuggling. Which is noticeable by the large numbers of illegal immigrants from the region. And perhaps they will be smuggling some of that Afghan heroin in on these middle east refugee planes, processed by ISIS and delivered courtesy of those who work in secret. Trump needs to shut that down.

How much vitriol do you spare for visa overstays versus southern border jumpers, out of interest?

idav

Being
Premium Member
Have you ever tried to cross the Mexico US border? It is an insurmountable task. Border regulations have gotten stricter under the Obama administration.
New Rules Go Into Effect At Busy U.S.-Mexico Border Crossing