• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which religion is true?

Jeremiah Ames

The Bible says that God’s wisdom and knowledge has been given to everyone on earth (through all religions). imo

Christians claim the Bible as the word of God, yet they also claim their religion to be the only pathway to God.

This seems illogical to me.

Revelation 5:6

Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

Seven horns = omnipotence

Seven eyes = omniscience

Seven spirits = the Lord’s complete wisdom and truth

All the earth = ALL the earth.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
The Bible says that God’s wisdom and knowledge has been given to everyone on earth (through all religions). imo

Part of progressive Revelation as described by the Baha'i Faith.

Christians claim the Bible as the word of God, yet they also claim their religion to be the only pathway to God.

Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

Seven eyes = omniscience

Yes, traditional Christianity is a paradox of contradictions that is illogical.

The Book of Revelation is a bad dream of the extreme conflict of good and evil, which can be interpreted in many different ways. Historically it has been interpreted to justify Christian manifest destiny and a crusade against evil in the world.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Which religion is true? The one that is true for its follower. There is no "one true religion". As the alien character Karellen said in Childhood's End "“all the world’s religions cannot be right, and they know it. Sooner or later man has to learn the truth:” Additionally, as Gandhi said: "After long study and experience, I have come to the conclusion that [1] all religions are true; [2] all religions have some error in them; ... " and "Religions are different roads converging to the same point. What does it matter that we take different road, so long as we reach the same goal. Wherein is the cause for quarreling?"

idav

Being
Premium Member

Seven eyes = omniscience

Although Jesus claims to be “the way”, I don’t see it much different from claiming the Tao (“the way” in a different language) is true.

InChrist

Free4ever

Seven eyes = omniscience

I am just curious where does the Bible say ...God’s wisdom and knowledge has been given to everyone on earth (through all religions)?

I don't believe Christians who understand the scriptures claim their religion is the only pathway to God, but Jesus claimed ...“I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

ronandcarol

Premium Member
This response is not aimed directly at you, it is just your post.....Numerous places in the Bible, it points out the same message, summed up in 1st Cor., people who aren’t spiritual 2:14 Or who don’t have the Spirit; or who have only physical life. can’t receive these truths from God’s Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can’t understand it,
God's thoughts are way above any thoughts our minds can come up with. IF, we are guided by the Holy Spirit, some of these hidden truths begin to show, more and more as we study God's word.
ronandcarol

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
All of them. Except maybe Mormonism and Islam (largely I say this, because those two fall into "I saw an angel and he told me I should lead you people" cults of personality).

Every religion in the world is a piece of the truth.
Practicum: Critical Theory, Religion, and Pedagogy: My Inherited Elephant

It's like blind folk touching an elephant, and deciding that it is one thing or another. Reality is what we get when we line all the parts up.

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often

You have to interpret it for yourself. Yes, you have the idea. Now you just need to learn what it really means.
Isn't it up to the adherents, rather than scriptures or revelations, to make religions true?
Both, the revelation puts the adherent into action thus acting out the revelation thus bringing it into fruition.

Last edited:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
What does it mean to be true? True could mean...
  • ... in accordance with some vision of what reality or fact
  • ... it is genuine, or correctly labeled as such
  • ... it is accurate or useful for some purpose or goal
  • ... it is honest, loyal, or consistent
There are probably some other possibilities as well. I based these off some standard dictionary definitions for "true." It seems to me that for better or worse, discussions about religions often get hamstrung by truth in the first sense. That's weird to me, since that's not really what my own religion concerns itself with. I'm more interested in the last two. Is my religion useful for some goal? Is it consistent in helping me get there? Would it also be interesting to consider scriptural religions like Christianity from this perspective? Perhaps their passages mean to say that their method is the most consistent way of getting to the goal?

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
This response is not aimed directly at you, it is just your post.....Numerous places in the Bible, it points out the same message, summed up in 1st Cor., people who aren’t spiritual 2:14 Or who don’t have the Spirit; or who have only physical life. can’t receive these truths from God’s Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can’t understand it,
God's thoughts are way above any thoughts our minds can come up with. IF, we are guided by the Holy Spirit, some of these hidden truths begin to show, more and more as we study God's word.
ronandcarol
So the question is, is it foolish to you that God would make religion exclusivist rather than inclusivist?

Either way your position is foolish even while you understand it.

Faithofchristian

Seven eyes = omniscience

The seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. Revelation 5:6.

These seven spirit's of God are

1-- Power
2 -- Riches
3 -- Wisdom
4 -- Strength
5 -- Honour
6 -- Glory
7 -- Blessing

You can find these listed in
Revelation 5:12.

joe1776

A religion capable of teaching the truth would have outstanding success in producing loving, radiant human beings among its faithful. I see no religion doing that. Therefore, all religions must be false.

Last edited:

socharlie

Seven eyes = omniscience

Christianiy claims that Christ is only path to God. Not religion.

A Vestigial Mote

people who aren’t spiritual 2:14 Or who don’t have the Spirit; or who have only physical life. can’t receive these truths from God’s Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can’t understand it,

Myself a non-believer, much religious/spiritual talk does end up sounding pretty foolish to me. However the above tidbit you have referenced seems, instead, very clever indeed. It is, to my mind, a trick. A use of "reverse psychology" before there was even a term to name it as such.

Passages like this, or the "foretelling" of persecution (a constant theme, basically - a very safe bet) or rampant unbelief (also a safe bet), are pulled out to try and psych the non-believer into doubting himself/herself. I could easily see a believer following up the scripture you quoted with something like:

"Does it all sound foolish to you? Behold! God said it would, through this verse in The Bible. Therefore The Bible is correct and God exists, etc."

And because I view it as little more than an insincere trick, I also am compelled to believe that the quote was written into The Bible because it was KNOWN BY ITS WRITERS that a lot of what is written sounds foolish when scrutinized with a logical/skeptical eye. And because my, personal ascription of what is "true" does not contain God, my interpretation of the writings is that they are, literally, foolishness! And a mindset like mine was pretty much a known quantity, even back when these passages of The Bible were being written. Therefore it is just a clever deception, allowing one to display the "magic" of The Bible. Kind of like being able to tell someone what they were going to say before they have said it... except in this case you are only making an educated guess as to what they might say, and only revealing that you "knew it all along" after the fact.

Faithofchristian

Part of progressive Revelation as described by the Baha'i Faith.

Yes, traditional Christianity is a paradox of contradictions that is illogical.

The Book of Revelation is a bad dream of the extreme conflict of good and evil, which can be interpreted in many different ways. Historically it has been interpreted to justify Christian manifest destiny and a crusade against evil in the world.

There's only one problem, God doesn't leave it to man to do the interpretation of the book of Revelation.

God has already done the interpretation of the book of Revelation Himself.
All we need to do is follow long and put it together like putting a jigsaw puzzle together.
Everything in Revelation and the interpretation of everything will be found within the book of Revelation. God thru his angels made it very easy to understand the book of Revelation. If you let wisdom lead the way thru the book of Revelation. Then the book of Revelation is easy to understand.

A good example of this is found in
Revelation 17:1, here you will find one of the seven angels come to John, saying
Come here, I will show unto you the judgement of the great whore that sits upon many waters.

Therefore God thru his angels is showing John the interpretation of all things in the book of Revelation.

That it's made easy to understand. Where as many people go into the book of Revelation trying to interpret it themselves, but are still way off base. Had they stop and realized that God thru his angels has already given the interpretation of all things within the book of Revelation To John, This is where it takes wisdom to understand the things that are given in the book of Revelation.

Last edited:

2ndpillar

All of them. Except maybe Mormonism and Islam (largely I say this, because those two fall into "I saw an angel and he told me I should lead you people" cults of personality).

Every religion in the world is a piece of the truth.
Practicum: Critical Theory, Religion, and Pedagogy: My Inherited Elephant

It's like blind folk touching an elephant, and deciding that it is one thing or another. Reality is what we get when we line all the parts up.

You left out "Christianity", which is based on an angel of light appearing to the Pharisee Paul, who thinks he should "lead you people".

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
ronandcarol

Many religions have defensive verses of this sort. It is a realization that they are peddling nonsense and it gives them justification for their self contradicting beliefs.