• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which religion is most the most scientifically accurate?

idav

Being
Premium Member
I think Buddhism is fairly malleable (non dogmatic) with a thirst for knowledge and it began on a good foundation of sound logic and reason which makes Buddhism very compatible with science. Which religions are the most sound when compared to science?

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Scientifically accurate, I don't know.

Compatible with science?

Taoism, Sikhism, Religious Confucianism, and some forms of Buddhism.
Buddhism has quite a rich cosmology. If taken literally - and some did (and maybe some do), especially regular laypeople, it's not that scientific.

Hinduism, too. Hinduism has a rich cosmology and plenty of stories, which many take literally; take them literally instead of metaphorical, you've got problems.

Same for any religion. Any religion can accept science. Literalism can't.

My view, anyway.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Sceintificaly compatible I would nsay the dharma and lhp systems

idav

Being
Premium Member
So basically some of the eastern philosophies and religions. LHP is an interesting one, that was how I got my first introduction to atheism.

shawn001

"Which religion is most the most scientifically accurate?"

Most scientifically accurate about what?

Iti oj

Premium Member
So basically some of the eastern philosophies and religions. LHP is an interesting one, that was how I got my first introduction to atheism.

Yes I thought it was good to include them and acknowldge them.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I'll use myself as an example. Science is part of my religion. Not all Neopagans will have such a synergy, but many of us do.

Iti oj

Premium Member
while not a religion per say the theological concept of deism can work well with science

ngupta

title used by customer
Any religion which doesnt have scientific errors, doesnt condemn science, doesnt challenge the development of humanity along with science, has pro scientific attitude, is consistent with science and possibly contains advanced scientific info and encourages science.

Mcshane22

I put my bid in for Spinozism, Spinoza believed the best way to show adoration for God/Nature is through understanding nature by way of the scientific method

"Whatsoever is contrary to nature is contrary to reason, and whatsoever is contrary to reason is absurd, and, ipso facto, to be rejected."
(Baruch Spinoza / 1632-1677 / Theological-Political Treatise / 1670)

waterbear

My Christian belief has no quarrel with science at all as it takes the Gospel stories allegorically and metaphorically. The Son of Man tradition in my understanding makes Christianity a form of humanism. I am a Christian humanist for whom science is the way of knowledge through which humanity evolves into God at the "End of Days".

Straw Dog

I think Buddhism is fairly malleable (non dogmatic) with a thirst for knowledge and it began on a good foundation of sound logic and reason which makes Buddhism very compatible with science. Which religions are the most sound when compared to science?

I don't think most organized religions are scientifically accurate, but mostly because they all began centuries before the advent of modern science. As has been said, some religions are more scientifically compatible though, in that in their original forms they did not postulate definitively beyond the subjective study of the self. Buddhism and Taoism being the most notable examples.

chinu

chinu
Which religion is most the most scientifically accurate?
Ask this question -- to one of the most accurate scientiest of this world.:D
BTW who is the most accurate scientiest of this scientific world ??????
And to which religion do he/she belong to.. ??????

idav

Being
Premium Member
while not a religion per say the theological concept of deism can work well with science
I think your right especially the type of deism that doesn't believe in supernatural. Not sure about the entity outside of our system but as far as deities leaving this system alone is scientifically compatible.