• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which Religion has Killed the Most...

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Not surprisingly, it's Christianity. Way to end up on top for a peaceful religion.
Reminded me of a quote, one can claim a name, but it is ones own actions that determine if your claim to that name is valid.

"O SON OF SPIRIT! Know thou of a truth: He that biddeth men be just and himself committeth iniquity is not of Me, even though he bear My name."

This is a hidden word from Baha'u'llah, applicable to all followers of all faiths. Its not applicable to atheists.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And what an interesting twist it is.
Given all the infighting amongst Christians...
Not to mention all the infighting amongst Muslims.

So far it appears that gods track record of peace is somewhat lacking.
Personally I do not blame God because men make wrong choices. I thank God we have the choices.

Mankind has to mature, stop putting the blame on to others, take responsibility for their own actions.

Regards Tony

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Personally I do not blame God because men make wrong choices. I thank God we have the choices.

Mankind has to mature, stop putting the blame on to others, take responsibility for their own actions.

Regards Tony
So what, you just gonna flat out ignore gods abysmal track record for peace?
Especially right after claiming that god is the only source for the peace?

1_mHaijYuh4Gfqz2hV-nwv0A.jpg

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
And what an interesting twist it is.
Given all the infighting amongst Christians...
Not to mention all the infighting amongst Muslims.

So far it appears that gods track record of peace is somewhat lacking.
Ye shall know them by their fruits..... I think that was Matthew 7:16 if I recall.

So much for the salt of the Earth, and light of the world nonsense.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I am not blaming god for anything.
That is your strawman.
I merely pointed out a major flaw in your claim that god is the only source for peace.
sarcasm to follow ... Further proof that God exists then, because obviously if everyone were atheist, they would have killed each other off long ago. It is only GOD that is the source for peace. (I just had to throw that 'obviously' in there.)

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
sarcasm to follow ... Further proof that God exists then, because obviously if everyone were atheist, they would have killed each other off long ago. It is only GOD that is the source for peace. (I just had to throw that 'obviously' in there.)
I have no idea why, but this reminded me of:

We know the world is not flat.​
Because if it were, cats would have knocked everything off of it by now.​

flowerpower

In the last 2000 years.

Not surprisingly, it's Christianity. Way to end up on top for a peaceful religion.
Unfortunately not far behind is Atheism as a Communist ideology.

Imagine how many folks are not alive today because of Christianity and Communism.
Though perhaps we should thank them for limiting the drain on our natural resources.

No surprises there really if anyone has any grip on modern history.

Kind of sobering that atheistic communism as an ideology was able to rack up similar numbers in such a remarkably smaller time period (100 years).

What a blessing it was that the Soviet Union fell (70 years far too late) and that all those other horrifying inhumane regimes failed so quickly. Totally soulless. Interesting from a philosophical stand point but really horrifying stuff. Killing everyone who might be a threat to a political movement isn't a new idea but there was something really brutal and coldly mechanical about communism's barbarism.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Not surprisingly, it's Christianity.
Not surprisingly, it's a worthless question the sole intent of which is the denigration of religion. So, for example, it does not factor in differences in timespan, changes in demographics, or advances in militarized technologies.

How, for example, should one compare the death and destruction wrought by Tengrist Genghis Khan and that resulting from the Christian Crusades?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am not blaming god for anything.
That is your strawman.
I merely pointed out a major flaw in your claim that god is the only source for peace.
There is no flaw in the fact that God is the source of peace.

It requires an understanding of this Biblical Passage.

Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

God forms the light and makes peace, it is humanity that chooses darkness and evil.

Regards Tony

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
There is no flaw in the fact that God is the source of peace.

It requires an understanding of this Biblical Passage.

Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

God forms the light and makes peace, it is humanity that chooses darkness and evil.

Regards Tony

I'm confused. If God forms the light and makes peace, it also says in that passage that he also creates darkness and creates evil. Why would you say that "it is humanity that chooses darkness and evil" when God created that darkness and evil? It appears that you give credit to God for the good stuff but distance him from the bad stuff and instead pin it on humans

Also, how do you extrapolate that he is the "source of peace" when the verse says that he "made" peace, not that he's the source? My parents made me, but they are not the source of my continued existence. I pay my own bills and make my own living, much as peace exists independently of gods intervention one way or the other. At least, that's how things seem in day to day life. Where does God come in in regards to peace that we can tangibly see in the real world? Maybe there's another verse that says he's the "source of peace" that you could show me?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm confused. If God forms the light and makes peace, it also says in that passage that he also creates darkness and creates evil. Why would you say that "it is humanity that chooses darkness and evil" when God created that darkness and evil? It appears that you give credit to God for the good stuff but distance him from the bad stuff and instead pin it on humans

Also, how do you extrapolate that he is the "source of peace" when the verse says that he "made" peace, not that he's the source? My parents made me, but they are not the source of my continued existence. I pay my own bills and make my own living, much as peace exists independently of gods intervention one way or the other. At least, that's how things seem in day to day life. Where does God come in in regards to peace that we can tangibly see in the real world? Maybe there's another verse that says he's the "source of peace" that you could show me?
A good topic indeed. A philosophical subject about the meaning of life, would make a good discussion.

Humanity is created on the edge of darkness and at the beginning of light. That means we have the potential of light, within all our choices.

We get to choose peace, or war, exactly the choices we have been created for.

The Bible offers this as being born again, born from the darkness into the light, which is all the virtues and morals given to us by God.

It is all up to us, God has a plan for a Most Great Peace, a Peace we have rejected, so the next stage in the èvolution of humanity, is forus to build the Lesser Peace on Councels already given to us.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Other than all the infighting.
Which you have chosen to completely ignore.
Not that I blame you.
You need to protect your beliefs, right?
You are seeing it with entirely different frames of references, that is all.

God does not want any infighting, in fact warns us against it, that is individual choices at play.

Mark 3:25 "If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand."

Regards Tony

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

Which Religion has Killed the Most...

Thanks for the information that Christian Crusaders were from Catholicism/The Vatican.

Regards
Yes, but if the question had been "the religion who has killed the most people in the last 200 years", the answer would have been different.
;)
Vousa savez la réponse, n'est-ce pas?

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
I'm not about to read the preceding pages, but presumably someone has already said atheism is a lack of belief in god/s, it is not a political ideology. The two may in some circumstances both be present but that does not change this simple statement of fact.
I think what they meant was that atheism is one of the foundations of the communism practiced by the USSR. It is specifically that version of communism that has been talked about here.