• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which path is truly "bad"?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

I converted to Catholicism in my teens. Protestantism lacks the history, beauty and deep, mystical theology of Catholicism and Orthodoxy. Protestantism always came off as rather bland and lifeless to me. There is nothing like a Catholic high Mass with the stained glass, crucifixes, vestments, Latin, candles and incense. I still enjoy the Catholic aesthetic and culture (my favorite cultures in the world tend to be Catholic ;) ) and I would be Catholic if I could find it in myself to believe in it again. Sadly, my learning seems to have destroyed that possibility. I still feel a sense of loss over losing my faith. I don't know if I'll ever completely get over that feeling.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Well, Alrighty then. A bit arrogant, But if you want to bow out then that's cool just say so.

Nah just respecting my time. Would you feel arrogant for knowing the earth is round when dealing with a flat earther? Now replace common knowledge with less common knowledge and you're welcome to pat yourself on the back. A young girl tripping all over herself and spreading incorrect Intel won't be of much use to a Luciferian.

Thana

Lady
I converted to Catholicism in my teens. Protestantism lacks the history, beauty and deep, mystical theology of Catholicism and Orthodoxy. Protestantism always came off as rather bland and lifeless to me. There is nothing like a Catholic high Mass with the stained glass, crucifixes, vestments, Latin, candles and incense. I still enjoy the Catholic aesthetic and culture (my favorite cultures in the world tend to be Catholic ;) ) and I would be Catholic if I could find it in myself to believe in it again. Sadly, my learning seems to have destroyed that possibility. I still feel a sense of loss over losing my faith. I don't know if I'll ever completely get over that feeling.

Sure.. We aren't very cultural. We don't have fancy masses, Or fancy clothes, Or fancy hats.. Or fancy Cathedrals.. But that's because we don't value that stuff.

I like that we're humble, That we can be forgiven without confessing to man, That no man tells us what is right and what is wrong, We take that from God and God alone.

Have you done any research on Protestantism? Spoken to any Pastors? It might not be as bad as you think.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Sure.. We aren't very cultural. We don't have fancy masses, Or fancy clothes, Or fancy hats.. Or fancy Cathedrals.. But that's because we don't value that stuff.

I like that we're humble, That we can be forgiven without confessing to man, That no man tells us what is right and what is wrong, We take that from God and God alone.

Have you done any research on Protestantism? Spoken to any Pastors? It might not be as bad as you think.

Protestantism just doesn't interest me in the slightest. I think a religion should have beauty and depth, which Catholicism and Orthodoxy has in spades (aside from the parts I don't agree with).

Thana

Lady
Nah just respecting my time. Would you feel arrogant for knowing the earth is round when dealing with a flat earther? Now replace common knowledge with less common knowledge and you're welcome to pat yourself on the back. A young girl tripping all over herself and spreading incorrect Intel won't be of much use to a Luciferian.

But it's not incorrect, It's just an answer that you for some reason don't like.

I'm not making this up.. This is a quote from a Jewish RF member -

Not all Jews believe in the afterlife. I, and I believe most Orthodox Jews do. We believe that there is a hell, but it isn't eternal (except for very extreme cases). We think of hell as more of a "shower" that serves to wash off all the stains (sins) that we have tainted our souls with. Because everyone sins, we believe that everyone passes by hell before going onto Heaven. The bigger sinners will spend a longer time in hell, whereas the more righteous will spend a shorter time, since they don't need as much cleansing. The longest time a person can spend in hell is 12 months, but that would be insinuating that the person in question was quite the sinner.

We don't believe that this is exclusive to Jews, as we believe that even non-Jews can have a part in the World To Come.

Also, Forgive me, I got my words mixed up. It's actually Gehinnom, Not Gehenna. Sorry.

Protestantism just doesn't interest me in the slightest. I think a religion should have beauty and depth, which Catholicism and Orthodoxy has in spades (aside from the parts I don't agree with).

Fair enough. Catholicism is very beautiful, I do like that. And their Cathedrals.. Wow.. They just blow me away.

Last edited:

Premium Member
But it's not incorrect, It's just an answer that you for some reason don't like.

I'm not making this up.. This is a quote from a Jewish RF member -

Also, Forgive me, I got my words mixed up. It's actually Gehinnom, Not Gehenna. Sorry.

Hahaha you really should read that link. It's RIGHT THERE at your fingertips.

Premium Member

I'd definitely go to mass over this contemporary rock concert nonsense masquerading as a church service.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.

Hmm. I can see how you can feel that way, considering Protestantism is rather new compared to Catholicism. But I don't find Catholic tradition very sturdy itself, not in a useful way at least.

InChrist

Free4ever
The concept can make perfect sense, sure. The problem is there is no example you could provide of this happening in history - because it hasn't. All we have are books written by men randomly guessing at the nature of a theoretical deity and experiences biasely interpreted by people who do not understand the nature of the mind.

You can look at it that way if you prefer, but I think for anyone truly seeking it cannot be missed that the books of the Bible have a definite supernatural quality about them along with an endurance through time which defies explanation considering continuous and numerous attempts to eradicate it. Besides the Bible is blatantly honest in it's assessment of sinful human behavior... everyone's. This is not something any human would be too anxious to reveal or write about, so it stands to reason that the information comes only from the Creator who knows all details of humanity.

It is called a metaphor. This is exactly what you are doing when you continuously feed your child the idea that they cannot stand on their own, they are weak, they are fallen, their natural desires are evil, humanity is in a state of sin, there is a constant danger of eternal suffering, etc etc etc.
Contrary to what you are perceiving, I think there is total peace and freedom knowing there is Someone we can be completely honest with about our faults, wrong desires, doubts, etc. and we are still deeply loved along with given the strength to overcome. Perfect love cast out fear.

And you get this... where? God is the one who pushes the idea of sin on us. He tells us completely natural urges are evil, he tells us we are responsible for our own suffering, he tells us we are weak. Satan tells us that we have internal strength and reminds us that this life is all we have - that we should live it to our fullest. He never encourages anything immoral unlike god who constantly commands murder, hatred, etc.
[/quote]

Or...you are missing the point that God, as a loving and wise Creator, is simply being honest with us, while satan is lying so that others will end up in the same delusional, deranged state as he is. According to the scriptures, the commandments against murder and hate and about loving your neighbor come from God, not satan. I believe satan inspires hate in every way, shape, and form. It's not as if I was always a Christian. I have had first hand experience with satan inspiring hate toward others in my own life and yet at the time I considered myself to be a good person! It was Jesus who opened my mind to reality and set me free.

InChrist

Free4ever
Where does Satan humiliate anyone? Show me one verse from the Bible of Satan humiliating anyone. In the NT, the only thing that Satan ever does to people is tempt people away from faith in Jesus, including tempting Jesus himself.

If causing a person to live in isolation away from family and friends in the tombs of the dead, like a violent wild animal, crying out out in pain and harming himself, who others tried to confine with chains and shackles, is not humiliating and demeaning then I don't know what is. This is only one account, there are others, along with the fact that the gospels indicate Jesus delivered multitudes from demon dehumanization and bondage.

Then they came to the other side of the sea, to the country of the Gadarenes. And when He had come out of the boat, immediately there met Him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit, who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no one could bind him, not even with chains, because he had often been bound with shackles and chains. And the chains had been pulled apart by him, and the shackles broken in pieces; neither could anyone tame him. And always, night and day, he was in the mountains and in the tombs, crying out and cutting himself with stones. When he saw Jesus from afar, he ran and worshiped Him. And he cried out with a loud voice and said, “What have I to do with You, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I implore You by God that You do not torment me.”
For He said to him, “Come out of the man, unclean spirit!” Then He asked him, “What is your name?”
And he answered, saying, “My name is Legion; for we are many.” Also he begged Him earnestly that He would not send them out of the country. Mark 5:1-10

And when He got into the boat, he who had been demon-possessed begged Him that he might be with Him. However, Jesus did not permit him, but said to him, “Go home to your friends, and tell them what great things the Lord has done for you, and how He has had compassion on you.” And he departed and began to proclaim in Decapolis all that Jesus had done for him; and all marveled. Mark 5;18-20

The man who was set free from those in satan's service appears to appreciate and desire to be with Jesus over satan.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
InChrist

It seems you have failed to understand the reality of Satan and Yahweh. You keep making wild assertions about Yahweh and Yeshua yet the Bible does not support your claims. It does not support any claims for the most part unless they are rooted in the universe of the Christian mind.

InChrist

Free4ever
InChrist

It seems you have failed to understand the reality of Satan and Yahweh. You keep making wild assertions about Yahweh and Yeshua yet the Bible does not support your claims. It does not support any claims for the most part unless they are rooted in the universe of the Christian mind.

Really? What Bible do you read?

And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him. 1 John 4:16

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
If causing a person to live in isolation away from family and friends in the tombs of the dead, like a violent wild animal, crying out out in pain and harming himself, who others tried to confine with chains and shackles, is not humiliating and demeaning then I don't know what is. This is only one account, there are others, along with the fact that the gospels indicate Jesus delivered multitudes from demon dehumanization and bondage.

Then they came to the other side of the sea, to the country of the Gadarenes. And when He had come out of the boat, immediately there met Him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit, who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no one could bind him, not even with chains, because he had often been bound with shackles and chains. And the chains had been pulled apart by him, and the shackles broken in pieces; neither could anyone tame him. And always, night and day, he was in the mountains and in the tombs, crying out and cutting himself with stones. When he saw Jesus from afar, he ran and worshiped Him. And he cried out with a loud voice and said, “What have I to do with You, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I implore You by God that You do not torment me.”
For He said to him, “Come out of the man, unclean spirit!” Then He asked him, “What is your name?”
And he answered, saying, “My name is Legion; for we are many.” Also he begged Him earnestly that He would not send them out of the country. Mark 5:1-10

And when He got into the boat, he who had been demon-possessed begged Him that he might be with Him. However, Jesus did not permit him, but said to him, “Go home to your friends, and tell them what great things the Lord has done for you, and how He has had compassion on you.” And he departed and began to proclaim in Decapolis all that Jesus had done for him; and all marveled. Mark 5;18-20

The man who was set free from those in satan's service appears to appreciate and desire to be with Jesus over satan.

That said nothing about Satan. I knew you'd bring up those demonic possession stories.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I'd definitely go to mass over this contemporary rock concert nonsense masquerading as a church service.

Hahaha. Good point. Those megachurches are ugly eyesores, too. There's nothing spiritual about them. We have tons of those here.

Hmm. I can see how you can feel that way, considering Protestantism is rather new compared to Catholicism. But I don't find Catholic tradition very sturdy itself, not in a useful way at least.

Not sure what you mean.

InChrist

Free4ever
That said nothing about Satan. I knew you'd bring up those demonic possession stories.

Since demons are fallen angels, with the ability to possess individuals, who follow their leader satan in his pursuit of harming humanity it is very pertinent to bring up these accounts.

Last edited:

InChrist

Free4ever
King James, New King James, and NASB.

Good. Now practice your reading comprehension and biblical interpretation skills.:)

Don''t forget to sincerely seek the Holy Spirit to illuminate your mind and reveal what the Word of God is saying while you read because otherwise you'll be confused.