• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which path is truly "bad"?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Since demons are fallen angels, with the ability to possess individuals, who follow their leader satan in his pursuit of harming humanity it is very pertinent to bring up these accounts.

Do you think demons can possess people who don't ask to be possessed?

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Good. Now practice your reading comprehension and biblical interpretation skills.:)

My reading comprehension is relatively high and my hermeneutical skills are higher. I study law for giggles so I highly recommend you to do the same when reading the Bible :)

Don''t forget to sincerely seek the Holy Spirit to illuminate your mind and reveal what the Word of God is saying while you read because otherwise you'll be confused

I cannot call on something I know does not not exist

InChrist

Free4ever
Do you think demons can possess people who don't ask to be possessed?

Yes, I definitely think so. I believe there are many ways people may invite demons into their lives unknowingly. While I believe a Christian can be influenced or harassed, I don't think that a believer in Jesus Christ who has been born again and already has the Holy Spirit living in them can be possessed.

Last edited:

CynthiaCypher

If you send me your Seed-Faith of donation of $19.95 to help me spread my ministry and build my megachurch and make a lifelong pledge to send to me your Love-Gift sacrifice of $45.99 a month and then promise to will to my ministry your entire estate upon event of your death then I promise I will show you which "path" is truly bad.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Yes, I definitely think so. I believe there are many ways people may invite demons into their lives unknowingly. While I believe a Christian can be influenced or harassed, I don't think that a believer in Jesus Christ who has been born again and already has the Holy Spirit living in them can be possessed.

I don't think baptism is necessary. Baptism was a way for pagans to literally change their religion, if you're born into Christianity, you're already starting with a "theologically clean slate" so to speak. Nowadays, with the popularity of non-religion, baptism probably isn't even necessary for many non-Christians starting Christianity.
Jesus was baptized, it is 'John the Baptist', not 'Jesus the Baptist.

And yes, I have reviewed all the available verses, no direct command to baptism, and certainly no actual commandments of procedure.
Without these specific commandments, one could, I assume, baptize themselves in their own home.

InChrist

Free4ever
If you send me your Seed-Faith of donation of $19.95 to help me spread my ministry and build my megachurch and make a lifelong pledge to send to me your Love-Gift sacrifice of $45.99 a month and then promise to will to my ministry your entire estate upon event of your death then I promise I will show you which "path" is truly bad.

Hypocrites and false teachers.

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. 1 Corinthians 2:12

InChrist

Free4ever
I don't think baptism is necessary. Baptism was a way for pagans to literally change their religion, if you're born into Christianity, you're already starting with a "theologically clean slate" so to speak. Nowadays, with the popularity of non-religion, baptism probably isn't even necessary for many non-Christians starting Christianity.
Jesus was baptized, it is 'John the Baptist', not 'Jesus the Baptist.

And yes, I have reviewed all the available verses, no direct command to baptism, and certainly no actual commandments of procedure.
Without these specific commandments, one could, I assume, baptize themselves in their own home.

I agree, I don't believe baptism is necessary for salvation. Baptism is simply an outward demonstration that one desires to do showing their faith and picturing their new life in Christ. Neither do I believe anyone is born into Christianity, other than a religious practice, everyone must choose to believe and place their faith in Christ alone to be regenerated and be a Christian.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Demon possession requires belief in it on some level. The only reason things such as exorcism may work is they join in as part of that belief, part of the drama. Yes people do invite "demons" in - by believing in the. This just furthers the case of how dangerous religions like Christianity can be. They have extreme negative affects on the psyche that all but break it. In cases like "possession" it does, fully break. That's what you get when you combine the helplessness and self hatred with paranoid belief in extremely powerful entities out to get you.