• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which one doesn't belong?

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
However, if the nature is conflicting or different, /between these ''us''/ in the Scripture, how could it state 'made in our image'? It seems, linguistically, a tad awkward, in my opinion. Or even redundant...If ''both are images'', was meant, /G-d and other beings, or angels, etc., then why the statement in the singular? I think that the statement in the singular belies the probability that this is further indication of an ''image'', with attributes, and not duplicates. A duplicate in fact would not make sense from what we know of G-d as opposed to humans in Eden, etc
My thinking is that at one time they believed in gods.... and then one particular god, Yhvh, who turns out to be how God revealed his true side to humanity, and finally through his son. That said, it makes sense to me that there is more than one there, hence the reason 'elohiym' is used a few thousand times in the Text.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
My thinking is that at one time they believed in gods.... and then one particular god, Yhvh, who turns out to be how God revealed his true side to humanity, and finally through his son. That said, it makes sense to me that there is more than one there, hence the reason 'elohiym' is used a few thousand times in the Text.
Hmm we have very different ideas about Scripture and theological concepts, then.

Robert.Evans

Hmm we have very different ideas about Scripture and theological concepts, then.
Probably so :) But it's good to talk. Ideas are never a problem...till you do something with them, then they might be.

But if you look in the historical line of Yhvh and El you will see my thinking is in line with that. Early Yisrael did follow other gods besides Yhvh... that is mentioned in the OT and the 10 com

Saint_of_Me

Where is your evidence? We have plenty, witnessed statements, the gospel story painted in the heavens, the planets mapped out through the divine-pattern, the odds of the universe, the largest part of the planet believing,...where is yours? Luck? lol

You have nothing. Only your bible, and supersition.

Planets mapped out in a divine pattern? LOL. you just stewed-up, pal. I am an astronomer, currently attending grad school at Mount Lowell Observatory here in Flagstaff, AZ.( See my Bio.) There is NO such pattern. I don't even know what you are talking about. Please tell me, so I can rebut and prove your wrong. How many links would you like? LOL.

As far as you believing in what is know as the Anthropic Principle, the notion that the Universe was designed primarily with us homo sapiens in mind, and for this 3rd rock from the Sun we call Earth, please see a thread that I began where I invited folks to ask me questions about Cosmology. We have been discussing what is called the Anthropic Principle for days now. And with folks who actually know a little about Science. Not superstition and myth.

So check it out, try to learn. Then let me know how you think there is a divine pattern in the Cosmos, and I will patiently prove to you why there is not. Unless, like so many of your type, you refuse to be proven wrong and will stick to you dogma no matter what.

This is the "I don't let the facts get in the way of my opinions" dynamic. LOL.

http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/any-questions-about-cosmology.180358/

Last edited:

Saint_of_Me

always looking for excuses just because you don't understand.

Man does not prove God. You have a strawman argument. We have evidence. You don't seem to have any as you give none. You are a typical atheist, constantly complaining and giving no evidence for a better answer....still waiting by the way.

Prove it is imaginary! You can't. So why lie to yourself?

Carl Sagan said that it would be easy for God to put a big cross in the sky if he wanted to believe (which is an absurd argument anyway. He could far easily just change the mind!) Turns out there is one in a black-hole.

So how does your luck-god do it? Where does your luck-god come from? Any answers?

Wow..you seem to be more bereft of science knowledge than I first thought. May I ask how old you are? Or what you last-completed level of Education is?

What does a black hole have to do with a black cross in the sky? Nothing.

Instead of asking a blanket, meaningless question to me, like where the luck god comes from. How about you ask me to explain to you a specific question? A question you think God is responsible for and cannot be answered without inserting you Imaginary Friend into the equation. Then I will answer it for you. But if you tell me that, no matter how many links I provide and how I refute you with science that you will STILL not change your mind, then I will not waste my time. I usually only post on the Science threads, with folks who actually know some science, like myself. I usually avoid religion because of people like you, who will not be swayed no matter how much proof is heaped upon them that derails their superstitious beliefs.

What do you think of my signature? LOL.

Let us begin your education with this............http://www.opposingviews.com/i/top-seven-ways-christianity-is-debunked-by-the-sciences

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Question. I can't find a list of nature's powers. I know one is gravity. I know another one. Electromagnetism. When I looked up "powers which rule the universe" God comes up. So? What are the other building materials that cause what we have?

What is on the primary list of things NEEDED to make a universe, please?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Something for your viewing pleasure:

Loss of Unity in the Forces of Nature
Characterization
Forces Unified Time Since Beginning Temperature (GeV)*
All 4 forces unified Gravity, Strong, Electromagnetic, Weak ~0 ~infinite
Gravity separates (Planck Scale) Strong, Electromagnetic, Weak 10-43 s 1019
Strong force separates (GUTs Scale) Electromagnetic, Weak 10-35 s 1014
Split of weak and electromagnetic forces None 10-11 s 100
Present Universe None 1010 y 10-12
*Temperature Conversion: 1 GeV = 1.2 x 1013 K

http://csep10.phys.utk.edu/astr162/lect/cosmology/forces.html

Robert.Evans

You have nothing. Only your bible, and supersition.

Planets mapped out in a divine pattern? LOL. you just stewed-up, pal. I am an astronomer, currently attending grad school at Mount Lowell Observatory here in Flagstaff, AZ.( See my Bio.) There is NO such pattern. I don't even know what you are talking about. Please tell me, so I can rebut and prove your wrong. How many links would you like? LOL.

As far as you believing in what is know as the Anthropic Principle, the notion that the Universe was designed primarily with us homo sapiens in mind, and for this 3rd rock from the Sun we call Earth, please see a thread that I began where I invited folks to ask me questions about Cosmology. We have been discussing what is called the Anthropic Principle for days now. And with folks who actually know a little about Science. Not superstition and myth.

So check it out, try to learn. Then let me know how you think there is a divine pattern in the Cosmos, and I will patiently prove to you why there is not. Unless, like so many of your type, you refuse to be proven wrong and will stick to you dogma no matter what.

This is the "I don't let the facts get in the way of my opinions" dynamic. LOL.

http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/any-questions-about-cosmology.180358/
So you still won't say why luck is better than intelligence then. I'm still waiting.

Robert.Evans

Wow..you seem to be more bereft of science knowledge than I first thought. May I ask how old you are? Or what you last-completed level of Education is?

What does a black hole have to do with a black cross in the sky? Nothing.

Instead of asking a blanket, meaningless question to me, like where the luck god comes from. How about you ask me to explain to you a specific question? A question you think God is responsible for and cannot be answered without inserting you Imaginary Friend into the equation. Then I will answer it for you. But if you tell me that, no matter how many links I provide and how I refute you with science that you will STILL not change your mind, then I will not waste my time. I usually only post on the Science threads, with folks who actually know some science, like myself. I usually avoid religion because of people like you, who will not be swayed no matter how much proof is heaped upon them that derails their superstitious beliefs.

What do you think of my signature? LOL.

Let us begin your education with this............http://www.opposingviews.com/i/top-seven-ways-christianity-is-debunked-by-the-sciences

You are misled with theistic understanding and now you think I don't believe in sceince. You are really superstitious my friend. I already believe in science, big-bang, evolution etc....what do you think you will acheive by stating it? All you are accomplishing is stating the physical mechanism. So what? That does not mean there is no power with intelligence behind it.
Seriously now: tell me why you think luck is a better answer than intelligence? Are you going to avoid the question.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So you still won't say why luck is better than intelligence then. I'm still waiting.
I think it is the word "luck" that they do not like. Can you think of a better word?

I believe the universe moves in a predictable pattern. I wonder why he said that there is no pattern in the cosmos? The pattern allows a vehicle to reach the right destination. even though the destination is far, far away!

Robert.Evans

I think it is the word "luck" that they do not like. Can you think of a better word?

I believe the universe moves in a predictable pattern. I wonder why he said that there is no pattern in the cosmos? The pattern allows a vehicle to reach the right destination. even though the destination is far, far away!
He follow Dawkins. Dawkins does not like believers. He is a God hater. Everything so far he has put is pointless, but he can't see it. He is so enamored with his sciences he is blind to anything else.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Is it right to teach the children that in the image of God's power we are made?

I think it is good to teach that in the image of love, wisdom and justice we are made. I believe that what I person thinks of him or her self is able to produce that image. Do we really want to produce people who believe that in God's power they are?

Robert.Evans

I tried to get the thread moving. It was the blind man who derailed it. Though we don't agree on much, you are like a breath of fresh air compared with some :)