• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which one doesn't belong?

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
Is it right to teach the children that in the image of God's power we are made?

I think it is good to teach that in the image of love, wisdom and justice we are made. I believe that what I person thinks of him or her self is able to produce that image. Do we really want to produce people who believe that in God's power they are?
I wouldn't really know how to answer that unless you or someone explains what God's power is in the context

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I tried to get the thread moving. It was the blind man who derailed it. Though we don't agree on much, you are like a breath of fresh air compared with some :)
He did not derail it. I hear my threads are not on track from the start.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I wouldn't really know how to answer that unless you or someone explains what God's power is in the context
The context is image. A reflection. I am aware that many people reflect God's wisdom, love and justice. I am not aware of anyone who reflects God power which is the power to do miracles. God's power creates, destroys and restores. So? Give me an example of that in humankind, please.

Robert.Evans

The context is image. A reflection. I am aware that many people reflect God's wisdom, love and justice. I am not aware of anyone who reflects God power which is the power to do miracles. God's power creates, destroys and restores. So? Give me an example of that in humankind, please.
If that is the definition, then, no, we don't.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If they need four attributes, which I think they think they do to match the vision of someone, who I forget, Daniel? ......understanding will fit I think. There are members of the human race who reflect God's understanding (or knowing).

Love, justice, wisdom and knowledge.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have an illustration. I play Free Cell the computer card came. I recommend it.

There is a point in each game at which I know I have won it. It is knowing. Knowing is an attribute of God. Isn't it?

Saint_of_Me

prove he is imaginary. Or is this more fact-less claims

*EDIT*

Again...just as I said before, you guys are ALL alike. A challenge for us to disprove. It's only the old Dragon in My Garage all over again. Man, you guys get so boring.

Here ya go, prove I don't have a fire breathing pink Unicorn in my backyard.

See, there is just as much proof for him as for your God.

You never gave me ONE example in today's world of a God. Or denied that the world today is exactly as it would be if there was no God and we arose by pure chance through Evolution.

Meanwhile, I can offer up many many examples of how Evolution works, and how there are many flaws in many living things so as to refute an Intelligent Designer. Evolution has passed every single test ever thrown at it, and with flying colors.

*EDIT*

Last edited by a moderator:

Saint_of_Me

So you still won't say why luck is better than intelligence then. I'm still waiting.

You might be waiting a long time. LOL

First you need to know a little about how Evolutiion works. It seems you have no clue at all. And I don't have the time to give you an introductory course.

And don't try to shift the burden of proof. It is on you Believers in God. Make no mistake about that. Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary proofs. Yet, you guys don't come up with even ONE! LOL. All you can do is challenge us to disprove your *EDIT*. And this is merely Carl Sagan's Invisible Dragon all over again. Prove I don't have an invisible fire breathing Unicorn in my yard. See how silly you are? My Unicorn has just as much veracity as your sky god.

*EDIT*.....

Last edited by a moderator:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member

First you need to know a little about how Evolutiion works. It seems you have no clue at all. And I don't have the time to give you an introductory course.

And don't try to shift the burden of proof. It is on you Believers in God. Make no mistake about that. Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary proofs. Yet, you guys don't come up with even ONE! LOL. All you can do is challenge us to disprove your Imaginary friend. And this is merely Carl Sagan's Invisible Dragon all over again. Prove I don't have an invisible fire breathing Unicorn in my yard. See how silly you are? My Unicorn has just as much veracity as your sky god.

Meanwhile, since the burden of proof IS on you, just to show how silly Creation is. Genesis is. See if you can answer any of these Q's...........
Evolution is how LIVE things work. Where do elements come from and why?
What is gravity? Did it appear out of nothing? Where did it come from? Why does it work WITH the other powers that be?

Please explain to us morons how and why the whole system of non-life systems and life systems work WITH each other.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
God doesn't cause it, but allows it to happen because of our need for freewill. Do you blame your parents for who you are? Partly perhaps, but if you are a grown man, you answer for your own sins.
We have no free will, we are lived by the Source, we cannot do anything other than what our programming and conditioning allows, our parents are the same, they had no choice either but to follow their conditioning.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We have no free will, we are lived by the Source, we cannot do anything other than what our programming and conditioning allows, our parents are the same, they had no choice either but to follow their conditioning.
What does "are lived" mean?

Robert.Evans

LOL...you ARE lame!

Again...just as I said before, you guys are ALL alike. A challenge for us to disprove. It's only the old Dragon in My Garage all over again. Man, you guys get so boring.

Here ya go, prove I don't have a fire breathing pink Unicorn in my backyard.

See, there is just as much proof for him as for your God.

You never gave me ONE example in today's world of a God. Or denied that the world today is exactly as it would be if there was no God and we arose by pure chance through Evolution.

Meanwhile, I can offer up many many examples of how Evolution works, and how there are many flaws in many living things so as to refute an Intelligent Designer. Evolution has passed every single test ever thrown at it, and with flying colors.

Your game is weak, kid.
I think you are quite revolting, and your words demeaning.

Why do you keep running off to evolution? If you are to answer that, you must first answer what comes before. That is why I ask you how does your luck manage to do it. Yet you fail to answer, and I have asked you repeatedly. What does everything come from? How does it manage it without any form of intelligence? Is it plain luck? If not, what is it from?

They have to be answered before we can speak of evolution. So less ridiculing and more answers please.

Robert.Evans

And don't try to shift the burden of proof. It is on you Believers in God. Make no mistake about that. Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary proofs. Yet, you guys don't come up with even ONE! LOL. All you can do is challenge us to disprove your Imaginary friend. And this is merely Carl Sagan's Invisible Dragon all over again. Prove I don't have an invisible fire breathing Unicorn in my yard. See how silly you are? My Unicorn has just as much veracity as your sky god.

Meanwhile, since the burden of proof IS on you, just to show how silly Creation is. Genesis is. See if you can answer any of these Q's...........
I don't think you are listening.
I have said this before, I will say it again. I believe in evolution, okay?

I am not saying that we need God for evolution.

I am asking you how does everything (universe/multiverse) come into being with sheer luck. answer it please.

Robert.Evans

In my opinion, I would say you are partly right. But we live in the Image not the Source. The Source is complete. It is the Image that has error, hence our world. We have freewill, as that is what everything is about; but we do follow what has gone before, much like a script in a play

Robert.Evans

We will assume, as a forum, that that is because you have no answers.
I already believe in it. You need to listen. My question was where does EVERYTHING come from. The word everything implies the universe. Your answer?
And don't try to shift the burden of proof. It is on you Believers in God.
We have no burden of proof to you. God proves not man. Try listening. If you are claiming luck is the better answer, you have need to explain, not run away.
Make no mistake about that. Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary proofs.
They do indeed, such as luck being the answer for the universe/multiverse
Yet, you guys don't come up with even ONE! LOL.
I have given more than one. You need to climb down from your happy-tree and start engaging with the discussion, otherwise people will think you are trolling.
All you can do is challenge us to disprove your Imaginary friend.
I am not asking you to disprove God. I am asking you to tell me why luck is a better answer than intelligence. You have failed to do that. And if you say he is imaginary, you would have to prove that.
And this is merely Carl Sagan's Invisible Dragon all over again. Prove I don't have an invisible fire breathing Unicorn in my yard. See how silly you are? My Unicorn has just as much veracity as your sky god.
The argument you give is childish. I am saying that intelligence is involved in forming everything, the multiverse, universe, life. Yours says nothing. It is a silly childlike argument.
Meanwhile, since the burden of proof IS on you,
It is not. I have explained that above.
just to show how silly Creation is. Genesis is. See if you can answer any of these Q's...........[
]
I don't have sufficient funds to watch Youtube. You will have to give me the narrative. Then I will explain it, that's if you want to discuss and not troll

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@Saint_of_Me your answer is very strange. You are explaining evolution to him. Why? Please explain to us how the elements developed.
Periodic_table.gif