• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which one doesn't belong?

Saint_of_Me

I don't have the time nor inclination to give you guys Chemistry 101 lessons too.

How did the basic 92 natural elements from? (the rest on the table are synthetic, i.e. manmade, btw). Look it up yourself. LOL. I am tired of uneducated theists trying to put burden of proof on us science guys. We have explained EVERYTHING many many times. There is a great big internet out there, as well as thousands of books. Do yourself a favor and educate yourself instead of trolling, and trying to posit a god that you cannot ever prove or even give us a HINT of a reason why he would exist.

If you really want to learn science come over to the Science Forums where I usually hang. I even have my own Cosmology thread over there. Ask me something pertinent there if you wish.

But, since I AM a teacher, to undergrads, I will get you started. It's how I roll. I co-wrote part of this--actually did the research.

Read this........http://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang/2009/06/25/making-the-elements-in-the-uni/

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't have the time nor inclination to give you guys Chemistry 101 lessons too.

How did the basic 92 natural elements from? (the rest on the table are synthetic, i.e. manmade, btw). Look it up yourself. LOL. I am tired of uneducated theists trying to put burden of proof on us science guys. We have explained EVERYTHING many many times. There is a great big internet out there, as well as thousands of books. Do yourself a favor and educate yourself instead of trolling, and trying to posit a god that you cannot ever prove or even give us a HINT of a reason why he would exist.

If you really want to learn science come over to the Science Forums where I usually hang. I even have my own Cosmology thread over there. Ask me something pertinent there if you wish.

But, since I AM a teacher, to undergrads, I will get you started. It's how I roll. I co-wrote part of this--actually did the research.

Read this........http://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang/2009/06/25/making-the-elements-in-the-uni/
I think that to prove your point you need to explain the laws of physics to us. YOU say the laws have no maker. That is what we can't agree on.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Are there any laws which needed to be in force for the beginning to happen? No? OK You win! Yes? Where did the law that was needed for it to happen come from?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Please explain the evolution of the laws which govern neutrons and protons. And then explain why they still work, if they still work.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
In my opinion, I would say you are partly right. But we live in the Image not the Source. The Source is complete. It is the Image that has error, hence our world. We have freewill, as that is what everything is about; but we do follow what has gone before, much like a script in a play
We do live in an image, but we are still the Source because there is nothing but the Source, its our ignorance that makes us separate from the Source. We seem to have free will, but in truth we don't, we are controlled by our conditioning gens and programming, every act we preform is based on our conditioning, Consciousness is living through us, as the electricity runs through the light bulb to give it light, whatever the characteristics of that light bulb are , that is how the light bulb will react, such as the colour, the flickering, whatever, and this is how we are also, whatever our condition that is how we will react because of the Source living through us.

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
LOL...you ARE lame!

Again...just as I said before, you guys are ALL alike. A challenge for us to disprove. It's only the old Dragon in My Garage all over again. Man, you guys get so boring.

Here ya go, prove I don't have a fire breathing pink Unicorn in my backyard.

See, there is just as much proof for him as for your God.

You never gave me ONE example in today's world of a God. Or denied that the world today is exactly as it would be if there was no God and we arose by pure chance through Evolution.

Meanwhile, I can offer up many many examples of how Evolution works, and how there are many flaws in many living things so as to refute an Intelligent Designer. Evolution has passed every single test ever thrown at it, and with flying colors.

Your game is weak, kid.
I cannot give you evidence that it would not have turned out the way it did without God, no, how could I? But equally, you can't give evidence that it would work without God. So now answer why luck is better than intelligence?

Don't call me kid. I doubt very much if you are older than me

Robert.Evans

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

In your ignorance of the Evolutionary process you continue to mis-define the process of random genetic mutation and then it's subsequent adaption by the host species as "luck." This is as wrong as can be.

Why do you keep talking about evolution? Please try and listen. I believe in evolution. Why do you keep talking as if I don't?
It is NOT luck. Rather, IF the genetic mutation proves to be favorable to the species--say, a horse-like animal inherits a gene that codes for a longer neck--and that mutation proves advantageous by enabling it to reach food on higher branches--then soon it will thrive, and have a better chances at living long enough to have progeny. (that means offspring.)
so after many generations, what was once a minority will become dominant of the species. Until they are the only ones left.
This is Evolution 101. Don't they teach you guys this over there? Jeez, Darwin was a Brit, right? LOL. And Dawkins too? Read a book.
So luck in not involved. If the genetic mutation is not advantageous--as most are NOT--it will not be passed along and adapted by the species. This is survival of the fittest. Selective Inheritance.
Now, intelligence among humans, or any other animal can be a good thing. No denying it.
Again, I am not talking about evolution. I asked you to explain EVERYTHING that means the multivers/universe. explain that first before you worry about evolution.
But you refer to an imaginary intelligent designer
Prove it. Stop giving an opinion as if it was fact. You want to be a sceintist and yet you do not argue truthfully.
when you say "intelligence is better than luck." And actually, luck CAN be better. the smartest man in the world who is about to invent something that will make him a billionaire can be unlucky enough o get killed by a drunk driver the night before he releases his product. In this case, luck trumps intelligence.

That is about events, situations, and does not explain the existence of a universe. And, I might add, it took you long enough to think of it.
So I embrace intelligence, being a scientist. I do NOT believe in divine intelligence. Or gods. This is only superstition and the product of inferior or deluded minds.
complete ARROGANCE. Half the scientists, of a set question, believe in God. Francis Collins, a top scientist, is a believer. Are you SERIOUSLY saying he has a inferior mind??? You need to get off your highhorse.
Thus your question "who is luck better than intelligence" has nothing to do with the fact that Evolution is true;
I am not talking about evolution. I am talking, as I have already said, about the creation of the universe.
Science is God; and there is no imaginary, biblical, or theist type God. No creative designer. And that Intelligent Design is merely obtuse Creationism gussied up in the clothes of pseudo science, masquerading as Science.
I am not talking about Creationism nor ID...I have told you that. BUT how interesting it is to see that you say ''Science is God''. Thus YOU believe in God, the very thing you said you didn't believe in. I have to ask, are you on medication?
what does the fact that 98% of all professional Biologists believe in Materialistic (non-theist) Evolution tell you?
God has closed their minds.
So.....I have now definitive answered your question. I hope you can grasp the answer with your meager understanding of science, and seemingly deluded belief in imaginary friends. You have a juvenile habit of trying to turn tables. The burden of proof on your God is on you. You have none. you have repeatedly failed to give me ANY proof. Or answer my question on how the world is NOT exactly as it would be if there were no god.

You are the one who is trolling. Anybody who reads our posts to teach other can see which one of us is presenting evidence and logic and facts and which is hiding their head in the murky sand of non-existence gods and superstition. Which is synonymous with religion.
Rubbish I'm afraid. You are trying to believe something that I already beleive in. I will say it again, incase you still haven't got it, WHERE DID THE UNIVERSE COME FROM; I included the Bib-bang, Multiverse etc.
Consider my correspondence with you on this topic now closed, as I have presented my case and already given you more time than I initially wanted. I fear my teaching to you is falling on deaf ears. I consider you to be probably a teenager living at home who pkays video games all day, who is TROLLING for sake of arguments with folks superior to you in intellect and science knowledge. Bye bye now, your mom has dinner ready for you upstairs. LOL
You are a seriously arrogant and rude man. Try answering the question WHY luck is a better answer than intelliegene for creating a universe. I think you run from it because you won't admit to yourself that you don't know....hence your childish response and lack of listening. This conversation is still open and I am still waiting.

And I will add, if we are speaking of evolution, as you seem to want to, then what brings into being the natural selective process in the first place? Luck or Intelligence? Answer......?

Robert.Evans

You are very arrogant and also wrong...and it appears to stop you from hearing what people are saying to you.
Stop making the excuse that we are bothering you. YOU came to this thread, a thread that your discussion does not belong on.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The telling of stories for the purpose of teaching isn't lying.
But saying, "God says", when God doesn't say, is lying.

2 Thessalonians 2:11

Emi

Proud to be a Pustra!
Sure it is. And, in fact, you would do better to take this a step further and teach people that God is simply a silly superstition. One that does far more harm than good and limits us very often from realizing our true potential.

It's sort of like Richard Dawkins says, "The problem I have with organized religion is that it teaches people to be satisfied without knowing the answers."
you like Dawkins too?!