• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which evolved first, tendons or bones

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
No.

Yes.
Tom

Yes we can create a better ones, but in reality we can't.
We can't even make a machines that serves better than humans, for instance, the
laptop may survive for 5 year, the refrigerator for 20 years as maximum ..etc,
humans can survive for 100 years.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Yes we can create a better ones, but in reality we can't.
We can't even make a machines that serves better than humans, for instance, the
laptop may survive for 5 year, the refrigerator for 20 years as maximum ..etc,
humans can survive for 100 years.
We could make things that last longer than a century. But we don't because even refrigerators evolve.
Tom

whirlingmerc

Tendons connect bones together in away that enable us to have flexible movements, the
way that bones are connected together is a sign of a design and not a blind evolution, if
you think that tendons and bones were a result of mutations and natural selections then
please explain how both evolved together to achieve such an amazing job.

That's easy... they were created.. many things would not be explainable from a bunch of small changed each propelled by some advantage. They need to appear together

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Tendons connect bones together in away that enable us to have flexible movements, the
way that bones are connected together is a sign of a design and not a blind evolution, if
you think that tendons and bones were a result of mutations and natural selections then
I suppose if you wanted to have an informed discussion about it you should know that tendons connect muscle to bone. Ligaments attach bone to bone.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I suppose if you wanted to have an informed discussion about it you should know that tendons connect muscle to bone. Ligaments attach bone to bone.

Making it even harder to be the outcome of random mutations and natural selections, it's organized to have a specific job.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Making it even harder to be the outcome of random mutations and natural selections, it's organized to have a specific job.
Why am i supposed to take someones interpretation of evolution seriously when their simple human anatomy understanding is off.

By the way, your answer was a non sequitor.

Last edited:

Etritonakin

I would image -in other words, take a wild guess, that tendons were first.....
because they likely connected "muscle" to non-bone before bone -before solid internal frames -even before exoskeletons. Perhaps they were more simple forms of muscle and tendon, but it sounds reasonable to me.

As humans are just becoming competent designers themselves -at least referencing the designs of life forms -we do not truly understand how design, creation and evolution interrelate, and which was required when based on the most basic nature of all things.

Evolution is actually an intelligent designer on a basic level, but it is not self-aware.
However, DNA-based evolution is essentially an adaptive design program which is more complex overall than any individual life form, so it would be more likely to more directly require a self-aware designer with intent than would any individual life form.
We tend to think of a designer/creator as one who draws up plans and then makes a one-off creation (because that is how we began) -which can be true -but a more competent designer and creator can develop active systems and processes which can accomplish a predetermined end-result independently -or create new things based on certain parameters.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Why am i supposed to take someones interpretation of evolution seriously when their simple human anatomy understanding is off.

By the way, your answer was a non sequitor.

The point is the flexible movements of the bone which is connected in away that shows a design and not the outcome
of random mutations and natural selections.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Regardless, the question if a designer exists, i don't believe on chances making a meaningful job,
thinking both evolved together at the same moments to achieve such job is meaningless except
if you can explain how such thing can be achieved by random mutations and natural selection.

Chance nor true randomness are observed to occur in the cause and effect of any events in macro nature including evolution including genetic mutations. The variation of the outcome of natural events including mutations in genetics are observed to be fractal (chaos theory) and do not cause the outcome of natural events, Natural Laws are the only causal factors in nature. The outcome of all natural events including mutation can only occur within a range of outcomes determined by natural laws.

The science of Genetics has demonstrated and falsified the adaptive natural selection based on genetic mutations. The observed genetic drift of DNA due to mutations in populations of animals is the nature of the evolution life on earth. No other feasible causal relationship outside natural law has been demonstrated nor falsified by scientific methods.

Religious agenda assertions are not science and have not been able to present a theory nor hypothesis that another 'source' is necessary, and that evolution cannot come about naturally. The dismal failure of the Discovery Institute to come up with the necessary science is a clear witness to the problem.

Actually muscles and tendons evolved separate from bones, but more or less all evolved together. More to follow.

How is your background in academic biochemistry, genetics, physiology, and comparative anatomy, because my references can get deep?

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The point is the flexible movements of the bone which is connected in away that shows a design and not the outcome
of random mutations and natural selections.

How so? And you appear to not understand variation. Variation can be caused by various causes, random mutations being only one of them. But thee fact is that variations in a population exist. Natural selection along with the fact of variation makes evolution all but a done deal,

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Are you aware that sharks do not have any bones?
I assume that they have ligaments and tendons, but I am not really a biological scientist. Perhaps someone better informed could explain what holds a shark's skeleton together.
Maybe the Quran explains it.
Tom

QuestioningMind

Regardless, the question if a designer exists, i don't believe on chances making a meaningful job,
thinking both evolved together at the same moments to achieve such job is meaningless except
if you can explain how such thing can be achieved by random mutations and natural selection.

Too bad that you can't believe that chance made a meaningful job of it, because that's how it happened. Guess what, reality doesn't care what you can or cannot believe in. After all, my inability to believe that people could be so ignorant as to actually study the evidence for evolution and then STILL refuse to accept it certainly doesn't stop people for doing just that.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Chance nor true randomness are observed to occur in the cause and effect of any events in macro nature including evolution including genetic mutations. The variation of the outcome of natural events including mutations in genetics are observed to be fractal (chaos theory) and do not cause the outcome of natural events, Natural Laws are the only causal factors in nature. The outcome of all natural events including mutation can only occur within a range of outcomes determined by natural laws.

The science of Genetics has demonstrated and falsified the adaptive natural selection based on genetic mutations. The observed genetic drift of DNA due to mutations in populations of animals is the nature of the evolution life on earth. No other feasible causal relationship outside natural law has been demonstrated nor falsified by scientific methods.

Religious agenda assertions are not science and have not been able to present a theory nor hypothesis that another 'source' is necessary, and that evolution cannot come about naturally. The dismal failure of the Discovery Institute to come up with the necessary science is a clear witness to the problem.

Actually muscles and tendons evolved separate from bones, but more or less all evolved together. More to follow.

How is your background in academic biochemistry, genetics, physiology, and comparative anatomy, because my references can get deep?

Again I'm not speaking about religion, my discussion if it's pre-designed or due to unplanned variations that resulted in the complex construction
of bones that enables it to have flexible movements and how separated evolutions of each have been organized in away to have a meaningful job.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Guess what, reality doesn't care what you can or cannot believe in.
This is something religious people commonly don't understand. Reality is what doesn't change regardless of what anybody believes. Beliefs are utterly irrelevant to the reality, no matter how confidently someone believes.
Tom

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Again I'm not speaking about religion, my discussion if it's pre-designed or due to unplanned variations that resulted in the complex construction
of bones that enables it to have flexible movements and how separated evolutions of each have been organized in away to have a meaningful job.

The problem is that there is no scientific evidence for design. To have scientific evidence one must have a testable scientific concept first. What reasonable test would show your idea to be wrong?