• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which Choice Best Describes Your Faith (or lack thereof)?

What is your faith (or lack thereof)?

• Christianity

Votes: 183 20.2%
  • Judaism

Votes: 28 3.1%
  • Islam

Votes: 66 7.3%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 47 5.2%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 51 5.6%
  • Baha'i

Votes: 23 2.5%
  • Spiritism

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Jainism

Votes: 4 0.4%
  • Unitarian Universalism

Votes: 33 3.6%
  • Wiccan/Pagan/Druid

Votes: 65 7.2%
  • Taoism

Votes: 10 1.1%
  • Native American

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Scientology

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Satanism/Luciferianism

Votes: 33 3.6%
  • Atheism/Agnosticism/Secular/Humanism

Votes: 184 20.3%
  • Non-Denominational Theism

Votes: 25 2.8%
  • Nihilism

Votes: 10 1.1%
  • Other - Please Explain

Votes: 139 15.4%

• Total voters

SoulDaemon

A little bit of everything and nothing. I do not follow a single religion. And faith in myself is what I try to maintain, most of the time.

NoraSariah

I am a non-denominational Christian. I do not select what parts of the Bible to follow or believe. I go to a church that teaches straight from the Bible and I believe and worship as the Bible says to.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Can a mod please fix the "Stanism" typo? It's kinda sad. Lol.

Anyway, I'm a Luciferian. I came to this site as a Satanist, then I went back to Catholicism for a little while and now I'm seeking to bear the Light in the Darkness. ;)

illykitty

RF's pet cat
I'm now leaning towards Islam. I am however uncomfortable calling myself a Muslim because I'm not doing all 5 prayers and still am thinking and questioning things.

At the moment, I chose to not overburden and to not stress myself. It's healthier this way and I'm taking my time to absorb and learn things at a slow pace.

EyeofOdin

I suppose from the point of view of the author, I would be classified in the Wiccan/Pagan/Druid category.

Personally I would prefer a title that's something more to the effect of "indigenous polytheist", which would cover a wide range of religions that some would group under "pagan" but blatantly have major differences with the neopagan/Wiccan religious traditions.

gnostic

The Lost One
christineES said:
Christianity, although I was a Baptist for many years, I don't follow the beliefs of the Baptists 100%. I didn't become a Christian attending any Church or listening to any preacher, I instead read the entire New Testament in one day and decided I liked what Jesus said. Within a few days, I had become a Christian.

That's strange. I thought you were really a die-hard Tiggerist. :tigger:

May the Pooh be with you... :yoda:

Last edited:

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
There is none other than God, individualism is an illusion, reality as we perceive it is an illusion. That's all it is, a full blast illusion, everything we think we know is blur. Subjective reality and objective reality, existence and nonexistence, light and dark... while all of those things exist as apparent opposites, it is all the same.

We are all puppets but the hands that control us come from the same All. In truth I am God, and I am no different from you. But we should seek oblivion for that's the perfect description of God's nature, and to be enlightened we must fill ourselves with void.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Had to vote other since the poll would not accept being an atheist, and being a Hindu, simultaneously, which is what I am.

misteralarming

Grew up very Christian (non-denominational), homeschooled with a church group, then private religious school...now, eh, not sure. I went through a period of strong agnosticism, I suppose in many ways I still am, except that I've come around to religion more, because I'm very into comparative religion, religious folk traditions, and occult systems. My upbringing still influences my beliefs heavily, because it's just plain hard to get away from that stuff entirely. My parents converted to Mormonism and I about halfway converted to Catholicism, so, you know, awkward family dinners and all that. So I guess I'd be put down for "nominally Christian" with a perverse inclination toward the occult.

John Martin

I was born in the Catholic family. I am also a benedictine monk in the Catholic Church but I today I prefer to call myself a follower of Christ( not Christianity). Christianity is not one religion but a congregation of many religions or belief systems.
I have read most of the important religions and my heart is very close to the teaching of Christ. For me Jesus Christ is a symbol. A symbol of one hundred percent love of God and one hundred percent love of neighbour. In him the love of God and the love of neighbour have reached their fullness. I do not see any truth can go beyond that.
When I study a religion I ask these two questions: how much is the love of God in this religion? and how much is the love of neighbour in this religion?.
Jesus Christ said, the Father and I are one, this is the one hundred percent love of God.
'Whatever you do to the least of my brothers and sisters you do unto me' this is the one hundred percent love of neighbour. Jesus called this experience 'the kingdom of God'.
I strive to grow into these two directions. This truth cannot be put into any religion. It is beyond all religions and embraces all religions but transcends them.

Sundance

pursuing the Divine Beloved
Premium Member
Had to vote other since the poll would not accept being an atheist, and being a Hindu, simultaneously, which is what I am.

I as well have this issue being a Unitarian Universalist, Reform Bahai (Reform Bahais and Unitarian Bahais are two separate groups by the way), Mystic, and spiritually eclectic. Though, for simplicity's sake, I identify as a UU!

Last edited:

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I put in "Wicca/Pagan/Druid" in there, largely forgiving the lack of specific Paganisms besides Wicca and Druidry.

The reason is because I do incorporate elements of Celtic Paganism and a sprinkle or two of modern Wicca in my practices (such as in my observances to the Wheel of the Year; that's primarily a modern construction that I don't think is attested in full from a specific ancient Tribe).