• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which Choice Best Describes Your Faith (or lack thereof)?

What is your faith (or lack thereof)?

• Christianity

Votes: 183 20.2%
  • Judaism

Votes: 28 3.1%
  • Islam

Votes: 66 7.3%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 47 5.2%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 51 5.6%
  • Baha'i

Votes: 23 2.5%
  • Spiritism

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Jainism

Votes: 4 0.4%
  • Unitarian Universalism

Votes: 33 3.6%
  • Wiccan/Pagan/Druid

Votes: 65 7.2%
  • Taoism

Votes: 10 1.1%
  • Native American

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Scientology

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Satanism/Luciferianism

Votes: 33 3.6%
  • Atheism/Agnosticism/Secular/Humanism

Votes: 184 20.3%
  • Non-Denominational Theism

Votes: 25 2.8%
  • Nihilism

Votes: 10 1.1%
  • Other - Please Explain

Votes: 139 15.4%

• Total voters
I chose "Other" so I'm going to explain. I have a Monist view of God. I profess to be a Kemetic Pagan, a Christian, and a person influenced by eastern dharmic religions all at the same time. To me there is no difference between God and Brahman, or Brahman and Tao, or Tao and the Cosmic Buddha, or the Cosmic Buddha and the Mystic Christ.

Interesting:cool:

Zeroa

Dances With Mice
I selected Wiccan/Pagan/Druid, though maybe I should have gone with Other. I believe that "God" (whatever that is) is everything in the Universe, and is also beyond the physical Universe. And some of the time I believe in Nature spirits in every bit of nature, from rocks to trees to animals. Sometimes I see that as just a useful metaphor for a feeling.

Further:
I feel very much between religions at the moment, so it is very hard to get a label to stick to it. It seems to some degree that my long-term seeking has filled me with a lot of ideas and very little conviction.

Last edited:

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
On here, I'd select either Hinduism, or Other, for Sikhism.
Like Zeroa, I too am between religions; I'm not sure where I'm headin', but it's either of these.

snakedoctor

I joined because of this thread and I guess only to find what id be!

I chose other

Im identified as christian raised the same way all my life more Church of God/Apostolic/Pentecostal.

I believe in Jesus,God. I believe in Speaking in tongues and the holy spirit. I have always believed there is much much more than what we are taught in church! Ive always seen the things others dont ( i wont go much further here dont want to be be weird on the first post) But I learned about Chakras,Ive done MA and love the thought and concept and actual truth behind the flow of energy in our bodies and the chakra thoughts

Some of the Buddhas teachings I identify with. I also believe in the fact of traveling to the spirit world and dwelling in it! I also believe in the interconnection of everything. As well as the fact that all things can be used to get our attention by God IE:animals,signs ect.

So I dont know what I am.

Last edited:

Lets see here, this will be a good opportunity to reflect on my worldview.

Physics, Science, Genetics, Artificial Intelligence, Agnosticism, Christianity, Deism, Theism, Hinduism, Philosophy, Prayer, Ethics, Virtues, macro-Infinity, quantum-infinity, Eternity, Destiny, Mystery, Acceptance, Perfection, Life, Value of life, Illusion/Simulation, God, Gods, Aliens, Ghost-like beings, Possibility, Truth, life, death, souls?, hmmmm.... maybe thats it...

If some body ask to me about my faith I'll let him /her know that being a muslim our faith should be on Allah Ta'ala, Our Holy Prophet(P.B.U.H) and our Holy Quran. Then we can pass our lives in a best way.

Tre-L

Two Tears In a Bucket
I am not religious, but I do call myself a Christian (Ironic?) I simply do not adhere to Christianity's legalistic doctrines, and the so called basic tenants of the Christian faith. I don't think that Christianity was ever meant to be a religion, but rather a way of life as demonstrated by Jesus. Bear with me for a moment .... If God is love, and God is also Spirit, and the Spirit is truth, then isn't it the Spirit of love that Christians ought to be honoring? That's my faith in a nut shell :angel2: I live to love, and have great faith in its power to change us from the inside out.

Levite

Higher and Higher
Jewish. Nominally Conservative, but I guess in reality maybe kind of floating between Conservative and Modern Orthodox with odd feelers out to Renewal and neo-Hasidism.

But definitely Jewish.

ZooGirl02

Well, I consider myself to be an Atheistic Secular Humanist so I chose the one that says Atheist/Agnostic/Secular Humanist.

Nerthus

Wanderlust
I really don't think that at the moment I can put myself into a particular category. I used to try and define myself this way, and most likely will again in the future. But, I believe in elements of many different faiths. I believe that nature is very special and can provide us with a lot, I believe Jesus was a good moral teacher, but can't follow the hatred shown in the Old Testament, I believe in some form of life after death and see it more possible to be reincarnation, and I believe that there is a lot of room in everyone's life for Buddhist teachings.

The main thing that I can't agree with when it comes to faith, is having a set of 'rules' given to me that I am expected to follow to the letter.

So, right now I have no idea how to define me!

ZooGirl02

I really don't think that at the moment I can put myself into a particular category. I used to try and define myself this way, and most likely will again in the future. But, I believe in elements of many different faiths. I believe that nature is very special and can provide us with a lot, I believe Jesus was a good moral teacher, but can't follow the hatred shown in the Old Testament, I believe in some form of life after death and see it more possible to be reincarnation, and I believe that there is a lot of room in everyone's life for Buddhist teachings.

The main thing that I can't agree with when it comes to faith, is having a set of 'rules' given to me that I am expected to follow to the letter.

So, right now I have no idea how to define me!

Well, you know, I don't think Jesus ever once endorsed the hatred that is shown in the Old Testament. This, to me, is proof that God did not endorse such hatred since Jesus is the Son of God.

Shaman

As I was raised in the Church of Christ I naturally voted Christian. through my college reading I have had contact with many of the Eastern religions.

Currently reading and building my faith through some personal trials. :foot:

Power of Now is a wonderful book. It has been quite influential for me as well. I believe that Eckhart Tolle's books are kind of a "watered" down version of Krishnamurti's beliefs. I prefer to read Krishnamurti, but Eckhart Tolle has done a lot to help transform peoples' lives as well.
UnityNow101, reading through the post I did not see your favorite books by these authors

Tol

Tol
Not sure who "Stan" is, but I've decided to worship him.

Does he know the Prince of Darkness? Good. :)