• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which Choice Best Describes Your Faith (or lack thereof)?

What is your faith (or lack thereof)?

• Christianity

Votes: 183 20.2%
  • Judaism

Votes: 28 3.1%
  • Islam

Votes: 66 7.3%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 47 5.2%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 51 5.6%
  • Baha'i

Votes: 23 2.5%
  • Spiritism

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Jainism

Votes: 4 0.4%
  • Unitarian Universalism

Votes: 33 3.6%
  • Wiccan/Pagan/Druid

Votes: 65 7.2%
  • Taoism

Votes: 10 1.1%
  • Native American

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Scientology

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Satanism/Luciferianism

Votes: 33 3.6%
  • Atheism/Agnosticism/Secular/Humanism

Votes: 184 20.3%
  • Non-Denominational Theism

Votes: 25 2.8%
  • Nihilism

Votes: 10 1.1%
  • Other - Please Explain

Votes: 139 15.4%

• Total voters

Shay

She's a drifter, she is.
Well... I could be categorized as Christian, specifically Catholic, or I could be categorized as Pagan, specifically Wiccan.

Mother Earth plays a big part in my life. So does love. I've conflicts with the name "God" so I think of him as spiritual energy.

I'm just all over the place. I'm an "other"?

GiantHouseKey

Well... I could be categorized as Christian, specifically Catholic, or I could be categorized as Pagan, specifically Wiccan.

Mother Earth plays a big part in my life. So does love. I've conflicts with the name "God" so I think of him as spiritual energy.

I'm just all over the place. I'm an "other"?

Ooh Christian Wicca :p. It's not uncommon. Well... Not on RF, anyway ;)

GhK.

MissAlice

Wow Christianity seems to almost be in the same league with Atheism/Agnosticism/Secular/Humanism.

I guess other is third in place....

I neither support nor oppose any religion for I see religion as man's attempt to institutionalize knowledge delivered to us through the Master Teachers (Jesus, Buddha, Krishna, Lao Tsu, ect)
Religion inevitably becomes victimized by man's ego and declares itself right and others wrong and by doing so corrupts the message of the specific Master Teacher it claims to follow.
What I believe is not an opposition to religion, but simply a message of Truth as it is revealed to me that I pass on to you.

As stated in my intro post, I am agnostic. Although I believe that the existance of a creator can neither be proven nor disproven, I think that the evidence shows that a creators existance is more likely than not. I am looking forward to learning about the many beliefs that are out there...

tijames

Hmm, I should've picked other. Unitarian Universal is great, it's just I only know one other person who is one and I don't really do anything within that community since there really isn't one where I live. So anyway, I personally am interested in panbabylonism, I personally believe that the idea that most of the stories in the old testament are taken from mesopotamian mythology/pagainsm/polytheism, whichever. It makes a lot more sense every time I get immersed in research.

Demonic Kitten

I don't have a particular faith or belief system I follow...I am just me. I guess you could say it is my lack of faith in religions that have made me what I am today.

Yeah, I have a problem limiting my beliefs... So I don't know what to vote, 'cept other, but then to explain it... Why limit oneself with labels?

Baydwin

I voted other. Although I try to practice the teachings of the Buddha in my day-to-day life, I don't share the metaphysical beliefs of Buddhism.

I believe in a single deity, nothing like the deity of any other belief system.

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
I am an atheist and follow my own principles.
I notice most religions must have read my notes as they have stolen some of them for themselves, cheeky buggas.

Cheers