• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

which abrahamic religion do you like best?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
which abrahamic religion do you like best? And why?
Christianity

It is the one I am most familiar with, and I used to be a Christian and it has influenced me greatly, and still does

I like Judaism too, because it's interesting, I am always interested to learn about Judaism

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
which abrahamic religion do you like best? And why?
Ironically it's actually the religion that I hate the most out of the abrahamics and that is Islam.

I don't think there is any more dedicated a group that sticks to the traditions of the ancient writings then those who practice Islam. Unfortunately that also includes much of the barbarism and laws and rules that are disgusting by today's standards.

Yet they do stick to their religion pretty much to the letter , which is something to be greatly admired, yet also despised at the same time in my view because of the sheer barberism of those ancient days that islamist people maintain and enforce well into the modern era.

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
Well, since I think the Orthodox faith is the true one...my answer to your question would be Orthodox Christianity.

muhammad_isa

..barbarism..
The Crusades were a series of religious wars initiated, supported, and sometimes directed by the Christian Latin Church in the medieval period. The best known of these military expeditions are those to the Holy Land in the period between 1095 and 1291 that were intended to reconquer Jerusalem and its surrounding area from Muslim rule.
- Wikipedia -

Hmm .. "These Saracens, located in the northern Hejaz, were described as people with a certain military ability who were opponents of the Roman Empire and who were classified by the Romans as barbarians."

Isn't it strange .. this stereotyping of saracens, or blacks, or germans etc. etc. :rolleyes:
It's none other than listening to the evil 'whispers' in your mind.

Esteban X

Ironically it's actually the religion that I hate the most out of the abrahamics and that is Islam.

I don't think there is any more dedicated a group that sticks to the traditions of the ancient writings then those who practice Islam. Unfortunately that also includes much of the barbarism and laws and rules that are disgusting by today's standards.

Yet they do stick to their religion pretty much to the letter , which is something to be greatly admired, yet also despised at the same time in my view because of the sheer barberism of those ancient days that islamist people maintain and enforce well into the modern era.
The Muslims don't have a monopoly on Barbarism. Just look at the Old Testament. and the history of Christianity is fairly well soaked in blood. Also like the Jews and Christians they have their pacifists.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
It's kind of a toss up between Judaism and Catholicism, mostly because I have a personal connection to both.

Judaism for it's wonderful emphasis on learning, wisdom, and the importance of community.

Catholicism for all of its various color forms that are syncretic with indigenous and Pagan traditions it supplanted. It's probably the most "Pagan" Abrahamic religion as far as I'm aware. If I'd been introduced to St. Francis and other cool figures as a kid I might not have yeeted myself out of Sunday school before age ten. Oh well.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The Muslims don't have a monopoly on Barbarism. Just look at the Old Testament. and the history of Christianity is fairly well soaked in blood. Also like the Jews and Christians they have their pacifists.
The difference is today's Christians don't collectively engage in the barbarianism of the Old Testament, however Islam does actively engage in that barbarity and have acquired entire theocratic governments where they have autonomous control over entire populations of people with a rigid and barbaric system of religious compliance.

The only Christian government that I can think of is the Vatican, and I don't see that level of barbarity being reflected as those in Islam have.

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
Yes. It is classified as an Abrahamic religion.
Interesting. Based on what I know about that faith, I would disagree (it seems to be a cult). But I need to read up on them more to say anything further.

crossbody

I'm a Christian. I like it. We don't have to do so many of the things other religions are required to do. We obey God and we are good to go from there.

PearlSeeker

Uhmm... The mystic sects
^This. Hesychasm, sufism and kabbalah.

What I like about them is peacefulness, practical concern for heart and inner purity, transcending ego, meditation, intuitive insight, esoteric interpretation...

“Theologians may quarrel, but the mystics of the world speak the same language.” (Meister Eckhart)