• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where to buy your Buddhist supplies?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Welcome to RF! :flower:

Which kind of Buddhist supplies? Are you looking for ways to organize an altar? Sutras to study? Can you be more specific?

Mostly, I try to find distributors and vendors that are Fair Trade. Any vendor that abides by this nearly always has material that is authentic as well. :yes:

Peace,
Mystic

vandervalley

Or you can try your local Buddhist temples (if there are any in Moscow).

Some temples distribute Sutras and Buddhist literatures free of charge and I am sure monk and nuns will be more than happy to help you.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I would recommend trying to find a merchant through Fair Trade.

Fair Trade Federation

I'm sure you can find a vendor that will supply you with thangkas, stupas, singing bowls, water bowls, incense, images of the Buddha, sutras...........most anything that will supply your altar.

Peace,
Mystic

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Yakov -

Most places, especially on the net, cater to a particular tradition and /or school of Buddhism. I can send you to a Tibetan website, or a Nichiren one. Finding a generic Buddhist website is kind of hard; they usually specialize.

Somkid

I have a wat (temple) on every corner no need but here you can buy anything at the market, Tesco Lotus, Carfoure or Big C and it's really cheap too. As I recall a 6 piece alter set is about $50 USD let me know what your looking for maybe I can help you out.

Francine

Where do you buy your Buddhist supplies?

www.BuddhaSupply.com

Buddhist quotations. Buddhist extracts. Buddhist paintings. Buddhist action figures, Buddhist bedspreads, Buddhist nightlights, Buddhist keychains, Buddhist toothbrushes, Buddhist mugs, Buddhist mouse pads, Buddhist bicycle helmets, Buddhist TV-dinner trays, Buddhist T-shirts, Buddhist pajamas, Buddhist coloring books, Buddhist paint-by-number sets, Buddhist jigsaw puzzles, Buddhist glow-in-the-dark stickers, Buddhist videogames, interactive read-along CD-ROM Buddhist koans, and many other fine products bearing the quality Buddhist name.

And now a Buddhist XXX adult section to satisfy every non-desire!

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Francine,
Great, enjoyed the joke.
No problems.
However for serious buyers of buddha supply am sure Somkid is there in Thailand to arrange them at prices lower than other places gloablly.
Love & rgds

vandervalley

Friend Francine,
Great, enjoyed the joke.
No problems.
However for serious buyers of buddha supply am sure Somkid is there in Thailand to arrange them at prices lower than other places gloablly.
Love & rgds

LOL with discounts and imported straight from Thailand

:D

Somkid

LOL with discounts and imported straight from Thailand

:D

No, I do not "sell" anything I was just offering to help a fellow Buddhist. It would be un-Buddhist to extort a profit for such a thing. I saw a meditation bench on the inter net for $150 I can buy it here for $10 and the shipping is probably $10 it is more likely I would lose money doing something for someone than profit from it. Believe me if I needed money I wouldn't be living and working in Thailand.

vandervalley

No, I do not "sell" anything I was just offering to help a fellow Buddhist. It would be un-Buddhist to extort a profit for such a thing. I saw a meditation bench on the inter net for $150 I can buy it here for $10 and the shipping is probably $10 it is more likely I would lose money doing something for someone than profit from it. Believe me if I needed money I wouldn't be living and working in Thailand.

lol chill out; i was joking with you; did u see the " :D " emoticon?

Your cause of providing for fellow Buddhists is noble and worthy of a salute of some sort ,:bow:

Somkid

lol chill out; i was joking with you; did u see the " :D " emoticon?

Your cause of providing for fellow Buddhists is noble and worthy of a salute of some sort ,:bow:

Yep, I'm just saying... because I wouldn't put it past some people to try it.

koan

Nothing in Buddhism against making an honest profit. Otherwise the Buddha would not have accepted the gifts of land and such. In fact I remember reading where a merchant asked the Buddha how much he should donate to the sangha and the Buddha replied,"One quater of the profit" or something like that.

Somkid

Nothing in Buddhism against making an honest profit. Otherwise the Buddha would not have accepted the gifts of land and such. In fact I remember reading where a merchant asked the Buddha how much he should donate to the sangha and the Buddha replied,"One quater of the profit" or something like that.

That's new to me. If anyone knows anything about this I would be very interested in it.

vandervalley

I think it's perfectly ok to make a living (make a living is more appropriate in this case).

It's perfectly fine to make a profit in order to make a livng ; as long as one do not go against Vinayas.

However regarding the issue of providing Buddhist items for fellow Buddhists I think it would be good if no profit is made.