• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHERE IS THE SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS GOD'S 4th COMMANDMENT IS ABOLISHED?

3rdAngel

Again, my comment was never about Jesus, but about the Joshua who succeeded Moses, and whose name in Hebrew definitely has a Hey in it, thus cannot possibly be pronounced Yeshua.
I know you were talking about Joshua and not Jesus. Have a read of the Etymology though as it also shows that Yeshua was also used as the shortened form of Yeshoshua for Joshua. Its an interesting read and will not take you too long. You do not have to read it. Its up to you.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I know you were talking about Joshua and not Jesus. Have a read of the Etymology though as it also shows that Yeshua was also used as the shortened form of Yeshoshua for Joshua. Its an interesting read and will not take you too long. You do not have to read it. Its up to you.
If the topic is a particular person and what their name is, etymology is irrelevant. If my name is James, it doesn't matter that James is etymologically related to Ya'akov. My name would not be Ya'akov.

3rdAngel

If the topic is a particular person and what their name is, etymology is irrelevant. If my name is James, it doesn't matter that James is etymologically related to Ya'akov. My name would not be Ya'akov.
No it is very relevant as it proves usage over time and through language.

3rdAngel

What I'm saying is not true because I say it, but because it is the only thing that makes sense. If my name is James, then my name is James and not Ya'akov. Why are you having such difficulty with this?
I am not having any difficulty because I understand Etymology and historical use of names and words. Yeshua (Hebrew: יֵשׁוּעַ, romanized: Yēšūaʿ) was a common alternative form of the name Yehoshua (Hebrew: יְהוֹשֻׁעַ, romanized: Yəhōšūaʿ, lit. 'Joshua') in later books of the Hebrew Bible and among Jews of the Second Temple period. The name corresponds to the Greek spelling Iesous (Ἰησοῦς), from which, through the Latin IESVS/Iesus, comes the English spelling Jesus. The Hebrew spelling Yēšūaʿ (ישוע) appears in some later books of the Hebrew Bible. Once for Joshua the son of Nun, and 28 times for Joshua the High Priest and other priests called Jeshua – although these same priests are also given the spelling Joshua in 11 further instances in the books of Haggai and Zechariah. It differs from the usual Hebrew Bible spelling of Joshua (יְהוֹשֻׁעַ, Yəhōšūaʿ), found 218 times in the Hebrew Bible, in the absence of the consonant he (ה) and placement of the semivowel vav (ו) after, not before, the consonant shin (ש). It also differs from the Hebrew spelling Yeshu (ישו) which is found in Ben-Yehuda Dictionary and used in most secular contexts in Modern Hebrew to refer to Jesus, although the Hebrew spelling Yēšūaʿ (ישוע) is generally used in translations of the New Testament into Hebrew[3] and used by Hebrew-speaking Christians in Israel. The name Yeshua is also used in Hebrew historical texts to refer to other Joshuas recorded in Greek texts such as Jesus ben Ananias and Jesus ben Sira.[4] In English, the name Yeshua is extensively used by followers of Messianic Judaism,[5] whereas East Syriac Christian denominations use the name ʿIsho in order to preserve the Syriac name of Jesus.[6] The 2004 film The Passion of the Christ, which was made in Aramaic, used Yeshua as the name of Jesus and is the most well-known western Christian work to have done so.[7] (Wiki)

3rdAngel

I didn't bother to read your lengthy post. Unless you can acknowledge that if my name is James, it is James and NOT Ya'akov, then yes, you are having serious problems with normal thinking.
Please forgive me I do not believe you. I have already shown why.

Take Care.

IndigoChild5559

True, but you are better off not doing that and reading what people post to you rather than ignoring them. You might learn something.
Not always. When a particular person has established a reputation for being irrational, especially on a given topic, it makes no sense to read long posts written by them.

3rdAngel

So guys 64 pages and 1278 posts and not a single scripture in all the bible that teaches that Gods 4th commandment has been abolished?

IndigoChild5559

So guys 64 pages and 1278 posts and not a single scripture in all the bible that teaches that Gods 4th commandment has been abolished?
64 pages and 1278 posts and not a single scripture in all the New Testament that identifies Sabbath as a commandment that must still be kept.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

64 pages and 1278 posts and not a single scripture in all the New Testament that identifies Sabbath as a commandment that must still be kept.
Well that would be a lie or you do not know what the bible teaches. I am not sure which one though so posting this in good faith as a help to you.

JESUS AND THE APOSTLES OBEYED AND TAUGHT THE SABBATH saying...
  • It is lawful to do good on the Sabbath - Matthew 12:1-8; 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56)
  • Jesus made the Sabbath for all mankind - Hebrews 1:2; John 1:1-3; 14; Ephesians 3:9; Colossians 1:16-17; Mark 2:27
  • Jesus is Lord (creator) and owner of the Sabbath - Mark 2:28
  • If you do not believe and follow God you cannot enter His Sabbath rest - Hebrews 4
  • It is one of God’s 10 commandments we break it we are guilty or breaking all - James 2:8-12
  • Breaking it is sin - 1 John 3:4
  • God’s true followers keep it Holy as God commanded - Revelation 14:12; 22:14; Ezekiel 20:20
  • Jesus is our example and he kept the Sabbath - Matthew 12:1-8; 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56; John 2:6; Matthew 16:24; 1 Corinthians 11:1; Ephesians 5:1-21; Peter 2:20-22
  • Jesus taught that his people would continue keeping the Sabbath just prior to the second coming in the last days - Matthew 24:20; Mark 13:18
  • The Apostle and disciples all kept the Sabbath after the death and resurrection of Jesus - Acts of the Apostles 13:14; 13:27; 13:44; 15:21; 16:13; 17:2; 18:4; Revelation 1:10 Jesus taught that God's people would be still keeping the Sabbath well after the death and resurrection - Matthew 24:20; Mark 13:18.
CONCLUSION: Jesus and all the apostles taught and obeyed Gods 10 commandments and kept and obeyed Gods Sabbath commandment from a new heart that loves. There is not a single scripture in all the bible that teaches anywhere that Gods Sabbath commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus. This is a man-made teaching and tradition that has led many away from God and His Word into breaking the commandments of God against the very warnings of Jesus in Matthew 15:3-9.

Take Care.

Last edited: