• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHERE IS THE SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS GOD'S 4th COMMANDMENT IS ABOLISHED?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The inflation theory is a proposed solution to the homogeneity and critical density of the universe, as well as the missing monopole problem. In that sense it's almost a textbook example of an ad hoc hypothesis. Since it is unobservable in principle (ie. the theory itself precludes observation) it has no empirical, as opposed to theoretical, support.

I didn't say the Big Bang theory was in crisis, I said there are reasons to believe it may be approaching crisis. Some astronomers certainly are asking that question, for the reasons I have already given. ie unresolved questions about rapid expansion, dark matter, dark energy.

Is the Big Bang in crisis?
You got fooled by a click bait title. That article does not say that the Big Bang itself may be in crisis. It only says that the current model of the Big Bang may need to be rethought. Those are not the same thing at all.

And we can observe the effects of it.. Specific predictions were made and met. You failed to support your ad hoc claim because you do not even know the evidence for the Big Bang.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Hey guys

Just wondering where is the scripture that says Gods 4th commandment seventh day Sabbath has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus?

May God bless you as you seek to know Him through His Word.

The questions are:

is working over the weekend, equivalent to murder?

If not, why not?

Ciao

- viole

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
We don't know anything. We only have theories, which are being questioned with every sunrise. We think that a dark hole is a window into different universes, and that the expansion of this universe is based on dark matter, whereas the JWST photos questions even the existence of dark energy, and the theories around gravity.
James Webb Space Telescope images shatter understanding of age of the universe - YouTube
You just contradicted yourself and did not even notice it. You do not even know what a scientific theory is. The problem is that you do not know anything and you appear to be assuming that others do not know anything either.

Here is how you shot yourself down. You said "We only have theories". There is no official hierarchy in the sciences but if there was one it would have theories at the very peak. Laws would be below that, Then hypotheses. And then facts. A scientific theory has to cover a fairly wide branch of knowledge, it has to be well supported by evidence, and it has to have been repeatedly tested and confirmed. We still have questions about the very early universe. And there will be changes, But they will not be major changes to someone at our level of understanding.

You also appear to be falling for click bait in your attempts to deny reality. You are mixing up the highly hypothetical or even just speculative with theory.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Which really amounts to one day of rest - a sabbath resting from our own vain works, and daily worship.
I love how God uses simple connections to bring home the point clearly to his people.

This sabbath day rest is truly a blessing.
I can't wait for the 1,000 years part of it. Oh how sweet. ;)
Amen! And Amen!!! Real peace will come to the world that so desperately seeks it.

RestlessSoul

You got fooled by a click bait title. That article does not say that the Big Bang itself may be in crisis. It only says that the current model of the Big Bang may need to be rethought. Those are not the same thing at all.

And we can observe the effects of it.. Specific predictions were made and met. You failed to support your ad hoc claim because you do not even know the evidence for the Big Bang.

I am familiar with a lot of the evidence for the Big Bang; I know that the mathematical models of Georges Lemaitre and Alexander Friedman, arrived at independently using Einstein's field equations, have been confirmed by significant observations: Most notably, Edwin Hubble's observation of redshifting galaxies, and the subsequent formulation of Hubble's law; then later, the detection of CMBR by Penzias and Wilson. So please don't patronise me.

You might want to look up what ad-hoc means in this context, then explain how I have failed to show how the label is appropriate for the rapid expansion hypothesis. As for what is meant by a scientific paradigm being in crisis, I suggest you read Thomas Kuhn's Structures of Scientific Revolutions, because I'm going to assume you don't understand the terminology or reference here either.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
This sounds to me like it's somewhat a reference to Galatians 3:10-13.
I think, when we understand what the covenant with Abraham, involves, that makes quite a huge difference, in our understanding.

The scriptures do say, that Abraham put faith in God, and it was counted as righteousness. Genesis 15:6
Of course works went along with faith. James 2:17-26
The law covenant with Israel mediated by Moses, did not invalidate, the covenant with Abraham. Galatians 3:17

The Abrahamic covenant is a lasting covenant.
The law covenant with Israel, mediated through Moses, was bilateral, and conditional, and it was broken by one of the parties - Israel, of course.
What did that mean for the law, given by the hand of Moses, the mediator? Interesting question.

The answer is found for us in scripture.
It meant that those far away, could now come in... but how?
Two things were necessary.
  1. Ephesians 2:13-18
  2. Acts of the Apostles 19:3-5
As you said @3rdAngel is sincere. Which is a good thing. Good to meet sincere people.
Grasping the truth of the scriptures though, require more than sincerity. Roman10:2-4

I think most of what you said is summed up in Galatians 3. I like the words of Galatians 3:6-11 in regard to this.
Actually, Galatians 3 is one of the letters of Paul, which sheds light on quite a lot in Genesis.
Good stuff. ;)
WOW!! So well said and delineated!!

Probably better than how I have put it!

2ndpillar

I appears you do not read what others post to you. When I say love is the fulfilling of the law, because love works no ill towards others, how it it from this you hear "lawlessness", pray tell? Explain yourself.

The "Law and the prophets" (Matthew 5:17) have not been fulfilled, and the kingdom remains "near, right at the door", which "immediately" follows the "tribulation" (Matthew 24:29-32). The "love" you express is in words and is in likeness to the love of the talking mouth of Bill Clinton expressed in taking care of Haiti contributions in 2010 to rebuild Haiti. Well Haiti is now ruled by street gangs, with no water, plenty of dysentery, and $50/gallon gasoline, and no healthcare. When the day of judgment comes (Ezekiel 34), the "fat" "shepherds", such as leaders and Gentile clergy, those fat shepherds, who ate the fat of the sheep (Ezekiel 34:1-3), will be the first to eat judgment when they are destroyed (Ezekiel 34:16-24). The term "those that commit lawlessness (Matthew 13:41-42) is with respect to those who think they are not under the law (Commandments), and it is those who are tossed into the "furnace of fire". They have gone down the wide path leading to destruction (Matthew 7:13).

nPeace

Veteran Member
What is the difference between the dna of man and that of ape?
I know the question was asked to someone else, but I am keenly interested in your question, and the answer.

If you mean what is the difference between the DNA of man and ape, of which scientists "know" about, rather than the vast amount of so called junk DNA... often referred to Dark Matter DNA, scientists say about a 4% difference.

I suppose if we take into consideration, only what scientists believe, and ignore what they really don't know, we might say, there is hardly any difference.
However, it's best to consider the facts in their entirety, rather than what may appeal to desires, or agree with our views. I'm sure you would agree.

Researchers at the Georgia Institute of Technology have now determined that the insertion and deletion of large pieces of DNA near genes are highly variable between humans and chimpanzees and may account for major differences between the two species.

Remember too that scientists may not admit the fact that they really don't know, but then the facts force that admittance, at least from those honest enough to say.
Remember when they were saying 1% difference?
Relative Differences: The Myth of 1%
That article says 6.4% difference.

What if 5 years from now, they said 12% difference... quite different to what they believed, what would you think of your question?
How would you answer it?

How much is that 4% anyway. DNA is quite huge, and complex. It's not like comparing oranges. For example...
The common chimp (Pan troglodytes) and human Y chromosomes are "horrendously different from each other"

From observation alone though, we do see quite a lot of differences, don't we.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I am familiar with a lot of the evidence for the Big Bang; I know that the mathematical models of Georges Lemaitre and Alexander Friedman, arrived at independently using Einstein's field equations, have been confirmed by significant observations: Most notably, Edwin Hubble's observation of redshifting galaxies, and the subsequent formulation of Hubble's law; then later, the detection of CMBR by Penzias and Wilson. So please don't patronise me.

You might want to look up what ad-hoc means in this context, then explain how I have failed to show how the label is appropriate for the rapid expansion hypothesis. As for what is meant by a scientific paradigm being in crisis, I suggest you read Thomas Kuhn's Structures of Scientific Revolutions, because I'm going to assume you don't understand the terminology or reference here either.
No, even if you limit it to the early rapid expansion you still overstepped the bounds by calling it "ad hoc" and have not supported that at all.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I appears you do not read what others post to you. When I say love is the fulfilling of the law, because love works no ill towards others, how it it from this you hear "lawlessness", pray tell? Explain yourself.
Windwalker: there is only one way to fulfill the law for each individual: obey it.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Hey guys

Just wondering where is the scripture that says Gods 4th commandment seventh day Sabbath has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus?

May God bless you as you seek to know Him through His Word.
No idea about the Sunday thing, but Exodus 34 describes the Ten Commandments being replaced with a new Ten Commandments that doesn't include anything about the Sabbath.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The "Law and the prophets" (Matthew 5:17) have not been fulfilled, and the kingdom remains "near, right at the door", which "immediately" follows the "tribulation" (Matthew 24:29-32).
Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

The "love" you express is in words and is in likeness to the love of the talking mouth of Bill Clinton expressed in taking care of Haiti contributions in 2010 to rebuild Haiti.
You are only hearing your own mind, and not my words. I am speaking of the Love that Jesus spoke of, the sort of Love, Agape Love, that does no harm to others, that when acted upon as its Source, will naturally fulfill the requirements of the law. This is what Jesus taught.

There is nothing in what I have posted that you may misconstrue to mean fake love, or human emotional fleeting love. It is the Love that sees others as extensions of the Divine that embraces all creation. It is the sort of Love that the word Grace makes absolute meaning to those who have experienced it.

All the rest of your diatribes are pure fictions of your own mind, which sees demons instead of God. I hear instead from you force, anger, and judgmentalism, not seeing the beam in your own eyes before straining at the gnats in others. As I said, it sounds as if you've never experienced unconditional love in your life. If you had, you could hear what I am saying, and you could hear what Jesus was teaching as well.

2ndpillar

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Loving your neighbor still hangs on the Commandments/Law, such as you are not to commit false witness regarding them, kill them, rob them or take their wife or servants. To "love" God, you are not to "have other gods before me".

2ndpillar

You are only hearing your own mind, and not my words. I am speaking of the Love that Jesus spoke of, the sort of Love, Agape Love, that does no harm to others, that when acted upon as its Source, will naturally fulfill the requirements of the law. This is what Jesus taught.

There is nothing in what I have posted that you may misconstrue to mean fake love, or human emotional fleeting love. It is the Love that sees others as extensions of the Divine that embraces all creation. It is the sort of Love that the word Grace makes absolute meaning to those who have experienced it.

All the rest of your diatribes are pure fictions of your own mind, which sees demons instead of God. I hear instead from you force, anger, and judgmentalism, not seeing the beam in your own eyes before straining at the gnats in others. As I said, it sounds as if you've never experienced unconditional love in your life. If you had, you could hear what I am saying, and you could hear what Jesus was teaching as well.

To have someone say they are the epitome of "love" does not make it so. Go to any church and you will hear the same thing, yet the clergy take the fat (earnings) from the sheep (church members) and fulfill their own needs from the proceeds (Ezekiel 34:1-3). Of course, all is in line with the message of the "enemy" (Matthew 13:25), who is Paul. If they don't feed, heal, or unite the sheep, they will eat judgment (Ezekiel 34). The message of Yeshua is that if one does not produce good fruit in line with their "repentance", they will be cut down and thrown into the fire (Matthew 3:10). "Repentance" is turning from sin, which is transgression of the law, which you apparently disavow having to follow, as Paul said it was nailed to a cross, or as his friend, the writer of Hebrews, says it is obsolete. Yeshua's parable about the "kingdom of heaven" per Matthew 13:13-51 is that the those "who commit lawlessness" will be thrown into the "furnace of fire" (Matthew 13:49-51). You may consider the message of the "son of man" as "diatribe", but it will probably not help your case in the end. As for who or what I am, it is not relevant to the truth of what Yeshua said in at least 5 different parables in Matthew 13. Keep in mind that he said that "you will keep on hearing but will not perceive" (Matthew 13:14) taken Isaiah 6:9.

2ndpillar

You just contradicted yourself and did not even notice it. You do not even know what a scientific theory is. The problem is that you do not know anything and you appear to be assuming that others do not know anything either.

Here is how you shot yourself down. You said "We only have theories". There is no official hierarchy in the sciences but if there was one it would have theories at the very peak. Laws would be below that, Then hypotheses. And then facts. A scientific theory has to cover a fairly wide branch of knowledge, it has to be well supported by evidence, and it has to have been repeatedly tested and confirmed. We still have questions about the very early universe. And there will be changes, But they will not be major changes to someone at our level of understanding.

You also appear to be falling for click bait in your attempts to deny reality. You are mixing up the highly hypothetical or even just speculative with theory.

A "theory" is not a fact. Theories fall by the day and week. As for "facts", just observing is an obfuscation of what is being observed. Ask Schrodinger cat if he is alive or dead. Everything is colored through biased and questionable observations. Next week, the JWST new test should provide a little better clarity, in which theories can be renewed to be later changed. The current results show a problem in existing conclusions based on existing theories. Truth is eternal, theories are fleeting but give stability to those with no place to hang their hats. The Swiss collider may just produce a black hole tomorrow, and you will be by theory, whisked to another Universe, at which time you can record your observations to the public. On the other hand, the statue outside their building, is the "destroyer of worlds", which may indicate a different conclusion. Plus, the Czar of Russia, Putin, is threatening to nuke you into another universe. Maybe Newton's law of conservation will put Putin in the same new Universe with you. At that time, you can discuss concrete theories with him. We are talking U.S. concrete, not Chinese concrete (tofu concrete).

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
A "theory" is not a fact. Theories fall by the day and week. As for "facts", just observing is an obfuscation of what is being observed. Ask Schrodinger cat if he is alive or dead. Everything is colored through biased and questionable observations. Next week, the JWST new test should provide a little better clarity, in which theories can be renewed to be later changed. The current results show a problem in existing conclusions based on existing theories. Truth is eternal, theories are fleeting but give stability to those with no place to hang their hats. The Swiss collider may just produce a black hole tomorrow, and you will be by theory, whisked to another Universe, at which time you can record your observations to the public. On the other hand, the statue outside their building, is the "destroyer of worlds", which may indicate a different conclusion. Plus, the Czar of Russia, Putin, is threatening to nuke you into another universe. Maybe Newton's law of conservation will put Putin in the same new Universe with you. At that time, you can discuss concrete theories with him. We are talking U.S. concrete, not Chinese concrete (tofu concrete).
Sorry but you do not know what a theory is. You are using the colloquial use of the word.

What scientific theory has been replaced? I know of one, I doubt if you can find any. If you do a Google search you will probably find the one theory that has been replaced.

3rdAngel

you still don't get it do you. do sin separate you from God, if you disobey the Law under the OT? yes or no

101G.
According to the scriptures, sin does indeed separate us from God. If you would like some bible studies please feel free to DM me.
  • Isaiah 59:2 2, But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.
Take Care

3rdAngel

The questions are:

is working over the weekend, equivalent to murder?

If not, why not?

Ciao

- viole

Hello Viole nice to meet you...

According to the scriptures...
  • 1 John 3:4 4, Whoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
  • James 2:10-11 10, For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. 11, For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if you commit no adultery, yet if you kill, you are become a transgressor of the law.
Yes if we break anyone of Gods 10 commandment we stand guilty before God of breaking all of His laws.
If we continue in known unrepentant sin and unbelief after God gives us a knowledge of the truth through His Word we will be in danger of the judgement and can lose our salvation.
  • 1 John 2:3-4 3, And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 4, He that said, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
  • Hebrews 10:26-31 26, For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins, 27, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. 28, He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: 29, Of how much sorer punishment, suppose you, shall he be thought worthy, who has trodden under foot the Son of God, and has counted the blood of the covenant, with which he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and has done despite to the Spirit of grace? 30, For we know him that has said, Vengeance belongs to me, I will recompense, said the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. 31, It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
God bless.