• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHERE IS THE SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS GOD'S 4th COMMANDMENT IS ABOLISHED?

3rdAngel

it fulfills it. just like if you hire a contractor to build you a house, when he, or she finish, the contract is fulfilled. the same with LOVE, when Love is achieved, it fulfils the CONTRACT of the Lasw. that's why God himself said by his apostle Paul in 1 Timothy 1:9a "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for...............". once we achieve, or Love ONE Another then the Law for us is NO MORE. it has been fulfilled.
According to the scriptures love is not separated from Gods law. Love is expressed by obeying God's law from a new heart that has been born again into Gods new covenant promise to walk in Gods Spirit through faith in Gods Word (see Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-36 and Ezekiel 36:24-27; John 3:3-7; 1 John 3:4-9; Galatians 5:16; Romans 8:1-4; Romans 3:31).

Love is not separate from Gods' law it is expressed in obedience to God's law from the heart. This is what Jesus, Paul, James and John all teach in the scriptures provided earlier. We do not love God or our fellow man by breaking God's law as that is sin according to the scriptures and not love (Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11).

When we LOVE GOD and our NEIGHBOR it is expressed through our actions.

If we LOVE our neighbour...
  • Will we honor our parents?
  • Will we not murder?
  • Will we not commit adultery with our neighbor's spouse?
  • Will we not steal from them?
  • Will we not lie to them?
  • Will we not covet what they own?
If we LOVE our God...
  • Will we not have other Gods?
  • Will we not make idols and worship them?
  • Will we not take his name [follow] him in vain?
  • Will we remember his seventh day Sabbath and keep it holy?
Now if your answer is yes then you agree with me. If your answer is no what kind of love are you talking about? Jesus, Paul, James and John all agree that love is not separate from God's law it is expressed in obedience to Gods' law and breaking God's law shows we do not love God or our fellow man and stand guilty before God of sin *1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11.....
  • MATTHEW 22:36-40 [36] Master, which is the great commandment in the law? [37], Jesus said to him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. [38], This is the first and great commandment. [39], And the second is like to it, You shall love your neighbour as yourself. [40], ON THESE TWO COMMANDMENTS HANG ALL THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS.
  • ROMANS 13:8-10 [8], Owe no man anything, but to LOVE ONE ANOTHER: for HE THAT LOVES ANOTHER HAS FULFILLED THE LAW. [9], FOR THIS, THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, THOU SHALT NOT KILL, THOU SHALT NOT STEAL, THOU SHALT NOT LIE, THOU SHALT NOT COVET; and IF THERE SHALL BE ANY OTHER COMMANDMENT, it is briefly SUMMED UP in this saying, namely, THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS THYSELF. [10], Love works no ill to his neighbor: therefore LOVE IS THE FULFILLING OF THE LAW.
and again;
  • JAMES 2:10-11 [10], For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. [11] For he that said, DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, said also, DO NOT KILL. Now if thou commit NO ADULTERY, yet if thou KILL, YOU ARE BECOME A TRANSGRESSOR OF GOD'S LAW
Love is expressed in obedience to God's law not breaking Gods law according to Jesus, Paul and James. Paul goes on to say that we are saved by faith but faith does not abolish Gods' law it establishes Gods' law in all those who truly believe Gods' Word
see again, Micah 6:8 "He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"
Micah 6:8 is agreeing with what I just posted to you not disagreeing with it.
3rdAngel said: When we LOVE GOD and our NEIGHBOR it is expressed through our actions.

If we LOVE our neighbour...
  • Will we honor our parents?
  • Will we not murder?
  • Will we not commit adultery with our neighbor's spouse?
  • Will we not steal from them?
  • Will we not lie to them?
  • Will we not covet what they own?
If we LOVE our God...
  • Will we not have other Gods?
  • Will we not make idols and worship them?
  • Will we not take his name [follow] him in vain?
  • Will we remember his seventh day Sabbath and keep it holy?
Your response here...
here we must disagree, sin/disobedience do not mean one do not LOVE God. No, if one continue in disobedience, chastisement is in order. understand disobedience is only broken fellowship, but not broken Relationship. now listen to this, Romans 8:38 "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come," Romans 8:39 "Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." see that word DEATH there, is (SIN). why do 101G say this, because the WAGES of SIN is DEATH. see, even SIN cannot separate us from God. why? because if one REPENT, and is baptized one enter a BINDING COVENANT, just as God said in Jeremiah 31:31-34.HE WILL FORGIVE OUR SIN, all of them,. see 1 John 1:8-10/
Are you serious? You may want to rethink what you are saying here. You are saying if you love God and your neighbor as yourself you can go out make idols, use Gods name in vain, worship other Gods, lie, steal and kill etc your fellow man. If your making these claims according to the scriptures then you not know God or His Word. (see 1 John 2:3-4). No one loves God by breaking His commandments. According to the scriptures love is expressed in obedience to Gods law from the heart (see Matthew 22:36-40; Romans 13:8-10; James 2:8-12; 1 John 5:2-3; John 14:15; John 15:10). You do err not knowing the scriptures here dear friend. If you would like some helpful bible studies please feel free to PM me.

Take Care.

3rdAngel

Just what do you suppose it will accomplish to quote scripture at an atheist? Scripture, every word, was written by humans -- living, breathing human beings, with all the good and bad, successes and failures, hubris and imagination as other human beings. See what I mean by "silly?"
You are in a scripture forum.

3rdAngel

Wehre does it say that ANY of the commandments are abolished? And yet you probably eat pork and shellfish.
You would be assuming wrongly. Don't presume. Ask if you do not know. If you are a Jew you will not understand the shadow laws in the Torah that pointed to your promised Messiah that has already come.

Take Care.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
All my posts and scriptures shared with you Kenny negate your position. You however close your eyes and ears to Gods Word. No one is sharing the gospel by teaching others not to believe and obey Gods Word (see 1 John 2:3-4; Matthew 7:21-23). Breaking anyone of Gods 10 commandments according to James is sin in James 2:10-11 and if we knowingly continue in unrepentant sin we will be in danger of the judgement to come according to Hebrews 10:26-31. We are best off to believe and obey what the scriptures teach Kenny *Romans 3:4. Doing anything less can lead us into unbelief and sin.

Take Care
LOL... I suppose your position is more like this:
38 But if anyone is ignorant, let him be ignorant.

And there you go back to living by the law instead of faith by grace - you are beginning to sound like the religious Pharisees that Jesus had a problem with. Gal 3?

3rdAngel

LOL... I suppose your position is more like this:
38 But if anyone is ignorant, let him be ignorant.And there you go back to living by the law instead of faith by grace - you are beginning to sound like the religious Pharisees that Jesus had a problem with. Gal 3?
Your post is irrelevant Kenny as I do not get my salvation from the law. I found it in Christ. Love to God and obedience to Gods Word is given to all those who walk in Gods Spirit and know God through faith in Gods Words. According to the scriptures, we cannot say we know God if we do not believe and obey what Gods Word says. This is why it is written in the scriptures;
  • 1 John 2:3-4 3, And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 4, He that said, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
  • 1 John 3:4 4, Whoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
  • Hebrews 10:26-31 26, For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins, 27, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. 28, He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: 29, Of how much sorer punishment, suppose you, shall he be thought worthy, who has trodden under foot the Son of God, and has counted the blood of the covenant, with which he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and has done despite to the Spirit of grace? 30, For we know him that has said, Vengeance belongs to me, I will recompense, said the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. 31, It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
I prefer what the scriptures teach Kenny. So should you anything less James called the dead faith of devils in James 2:13-16. Its time to unlearn the lies we have all been taught at Sunday school.

Take Care

Last edited:

nPeace

Veteran Member
Aside from which, nothing in the Bible describes the 7th as Saturday. It would depend on what day you started to count. The point was to remember to rest 1 day in 7. It surely can't bother God if not everybody on the planet all rests at exactly the same time. (They couldn't, anyway, since the earth is a globe, and daylight starts 12 hours later halfway round - something else the Biblical God didn't seem to know.)
That's a good point... minus the last sentence. :)
For one thing, the Jews used the celestial bodies as markers.
For example, at Exodus 12:2, it reads... “This month will be the beginning of the months for you. It will be the first of the months of the year for you.

So the first month for them did not begin with January.
Also, the new moon was a significant marker.
Which is how we can precisely determine the exact year, month, and hour of the Passover.
It was on the 14th of the Jewish month Nisan, the date of the Passover, that Jesus directed his followers to commemorate his death. (Luke 22:14-20) Appropriately, the date for the Memorial celebration is arrived at as the Jews back then determined the date for the Passover. They began the month of Nisan when they could first see the new moon in the spring nearest the equinox. Passover came fourteen days later. - Isaiah 66:23; Exodus 12:2, 6

Early calendars were mainly lunar calendars, that is, the months of the year were counted by complete cycles of the moon, as, for example, from one new moon to the next new moon.

The second thing is... and this addresses your last statement, as well, the Jews were a nation under God's laws - the only nation under God's laws. So, that law did not apply to people of other nations, living in the most distant parts of the earth.
Hence, all the Jews would keep the Sabbath on the same day... and year, since there were yearly sabbaths as well.
If an Israelite was on a distant journey, he too, would keep the Sabbath, on the same exact day... and if he was lost, and lost track of the days, he would use the moon. :)

So God was... is not ignorant of anything.
In fact, because Jehovah is a God of order, all God's people around the world, celebrate together - unitedly, what Jesus Christ has commanded, on the same exact day, month, and year... all around the Globe.
It's nothing impossible to do. The time, can be the same also. 7:00 PM is still 7:00 PM regardless of which side of the planet we live.
You know this, of course.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Which theory of gravity, Newton's? Or Einstein's? Both are mathematical models, and therefore abstractions. Besides accurately predicting the effect of attraction between objects, what facts about gravity do these theories explain? If Newton's theory was eventually displaced by Einstein's, isn't it inevitable that Einstein's will also one day be displaced? As Ptolemeus' astronomical model was displaced by Copernicus'?

Yes, they will be superseded by new, more accurate theories. That is the way that science works. But please note, the new theories will be more accurate. That does not mean that Newton will be ever shown to be wrong about basic planetary motion.
Biology is far advanced from the basic ideas of Darwin. But they have all confirmed that you are an ape. Evolution will always be a fact no matter who explains t just as gravity remains a fact regardless of who explains it.

AS for the Big Bang theory, I doubt any astronomer would insist that it is either complete or confirmed. It's the standard model of cosmology, the paradigm within which astronomers and cosmologists currently work, but it is certainly not a model constructed from incontravertible fact. Seen through the lens of Thomas Kuhn's model of scientific methodology, there are reasons to believe it may be a paradigm approaching crisis. Certainly the hypothetical period of rapid expansion looks rather ad-hoc, and is the cause of some disquiet. Nor can it ever be confirmed empirically, as it is postulated to have occurred before the release of CMBR, when the universe was still opaque. Similar doubts exist about dark matter and dark energy, but there is at least the prospect that a dark matter particle may someday be observed.

No astronomer will insist that it is complete. You got that right. But every astronomer will say that it has been confirmed. By the way when you make certain claims you take on a burden of proof. Please support your claim about the early expansion having to be "ad hoc". And what signs are there about it being in crisis?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Your post is irrelevant Kenny as I do not get my salvation from the law. I found it in Christ. Love to God and obedience to Gods Word is given to all those who walk in Gods Spirit and know God through faith in Gods Words. According to the scriptures, we cannot say we know God if we do not believe and obey what Gods Word says. This is why it is written in the scriptures;
  • 1 John 2:3-4 3, And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 4, He that said, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
  • 1 John 3:4 4, Whoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
  • Hebrews 10:26-31 26, For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins, 27, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. 28, He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: 29, Of how much sorer punishment, suppose you, shall he be thought worthy, who has trodden under foot the Son of God, and has counted the blood of the covenant, with which he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and has done despite to the Spirit of grace? 30, For we know him that has said, Vengeance belongs to me, I will recompense, said the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. 31, It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
I prefer what the scriptures teach Kenny. So should you anything less James called the dead faith of devils in James 2:13-16. Its time to unlearn the lies we have all been taught at Sunday school.

Take Care
And yet you go back to the law

I have entered into the rest of the eternal Sabbath Heb 4

don’t need to give a plethora of other scriptures to truth

nPeace

Veteran Member
The Ten Commandments were introduced by God to show the sin nature in man, make up part of the law in Judaism and are clearly where morals originate from. Christians are under grace and so don’t have to follow the Jewish law rigidly but Christians should respect the Ten Commandments.
You made some very good points here.
In fact, as I read your first statement, the scripture at Galatians 3:19, came to mind.
"Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made..."

'Til the seed arrives. What follows.

In fact, the book of Galatians along with the books of Romans, Ephesians, and Colossians helps us understand why the law was Given to Israel, and what purpose it served,
Galatians 3:23-25
"... the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster...."

A schoolteacher. A temporary one. Until...

A scripture I was thinking of too, is the one in Ephesians 2:14-22.
" For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby "

A wall that separates. Needing to be removed since it only pertained to one party.

It really highlights the importance of understanding the reason(s) for something. So that we grasp things with a clear understanding.

RestlessSoul

Yes, they will be superseded by new, more accurate theories. That is the way that science works. But please note, the new theories will be more accurate. That does not mean that Newton will be ever shown to be wrong about basic planetary motion.
Biology is far advanced from the basic ideas of Darwin. But they have all confirmed that you are an ape. Evolution will always be a fact no matter who explains t just as gravity remains a fact regardless of who explains it.

No astronomer will insist that it is complete. You got that right. But every astronomer will say that it has been confirmed. By the way when you make certain claims you take on a burden of proof. Please support your claim about the early expansion having to be "ad hoc". And what signs are there about it being in crisis?

The inflation theory is a proposed solution to the homogeneity and critical density of the universe, as well as the missing monopole problem. In that sense it's almost a textbook example of an ad hoc hypothesis. Since it is unobservable in principle (ie. the theory itself precludes observation) it has no empirical, as opposed to theoretical, support.

I didn't say the Big Bang theory was in crisis, I said there are reasons to believe it may be approaching crisis. Some astronomers certainly are asking that question, for the reasons I have already given. ie unresolved questions about rapid expansion, dark matter, dark energy.

Is the Big Bang in crisis?

nPeace

Veteran Member
If, as I proposed, every day is a Sabbath because we are in His rest. Still fulfilling the Commandment as you suggested - the royal law of love.
Which really amounts to one day of rest - a sabbath resting from our own vain works, and daily worship.
I love how God uses simple connections to bring home the point clearly to his people.

This sabbath day rest is truly a blessing.
I can't wait for the 1,000 years part of it. Oh how sweet. ;)

Apostle John

“Go ahead, look up Revelation 6”
You made some very good points here.
In fact, as I read your first statement, the scripture at Galatians 3:19, came to mind.
"Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made..."

'Til the seed arrives. What follows.

In fact, the book of Galatians along with the books of Romans, Ephesians, and Colossians helps us understand why the law was Given to Israel, and what purpose it served,
Galatians 3:23-25
"... the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster...."

A schoolteacher. A temporary one. Until...

A scripture I was thinking of too, is the one in Ephesians 2:14-22.
" For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby "

A wall that separates. Needing to be removed since it only pertained to one party.

It really highlights the importance of understanding the reason(s) for something. So that we grasp things with a clear understanding.
Strangely, I’ve been listening to Pink Floyd’s ‘Another Brick in the Wall’ this morning. I’m not particularly a fan. It’s apparently about social injustice. I love how the Holy Spirit guides me.

2ndpillar

You don't understand the first thing about what I believe. You are busy fighting demons that you conconct from your own overly-active imagination. You may as well just be talking to a mirror. You're not talking with anyone but yourself.

It appears that you "believe" in the false gospel of grace (lawlessness). It is those who "commit lawlessness" per Matthew 13:39-41 who are "first" "gathered" and thrown into the "furnace of fire (Matthew 13:30). As for "demons", the period before "Har-Magedon", is ran by the "demons" (unclean spirits) of the "false prophet" (Paul) and that of the "beast" and of the "devil" (Revelation 16:13-14). That would be regarded as the "end of the age", which we are now in. That would be confirmed by the large number of "woke" people who think the emotions of their twisted hearts should determine between right and wrong, versus just following the Commandments, which are for every person (Ecclesiastes 12:13). Their giving money to the poor would be as in the case of the elites, starting funds for the poor, whereas they now have a slush fund to pay for their inflated lifestyles.

2ndpillar

But that really has little to do with the Big Bang an event that we still know occurred. These new photos may show ancient galaxies. We are not sure yet. The images only consist of single pixels.

We don't know anything. We only have theories, which are being questioned with every sunrise. We think that a dark hole is a window into different universes, and that the expansion of this universe is based on dark matter, whereas the JWST photos questions even the existence of dark energy, and the theories around gravity.
James Webb Space Telescope images shatter understanding of age of the universe - YouTube

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
You would be assuming wrongly. Don't presume. Ask if you do not know. If you are a Jew you will not understand the shadow laws in the Torah that pointed to your promised Messiah that has already come.

Take Care.
I didnt presume -- that's why I said "probably." I said probably, because a sizable majority of Christians don't.

So you are saying you keep the entirety of the Law? That you acknowledge all 613 commandments? Like, you make sure your wool suits don't have linen button holes and stuff like that? I mean if you do, you do. I'm just trying to clarify where exactly on the spectrum of observance you fall.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It appears that you "believe" in the false gospel of grace (lawlessness).
I appears you do not read what others post to you. When I say love is the fulfilling of the law, because love works no ill towards others, how it it from this you hear "lawlessness", pray tell? Explain yourself.

nPeace

Veteran Member
I posted Gal 3 because grace is by faith and not by works. of course I understand that grace doesn't give us a license to sin. And of course faith has works.. But you give it a hue of "work at fulfilling the law" when it is fulfilled in Jesus.

As i read your post, although I know your heart is right, you give a hue of "work the law" - which ultimately leads us into the law of condemnation of sin and death.

And, as I noted, there is no "8th day" for God because the rest that we find is that God has made every day a Sabbath for the believer, although you can certainly esteem a day above the rest as long as it is in faith as I noted in Hebrews and you affirmed.

No more spiritual adultery of going back to the Law as the roadmap for righteousness.

Ultimately, it is faith that pleases God and without it, you can't. Works of faith is good, of course.
This sounds to me like it's somewhat a reference to Galatians 3:10-13.
I think, when we understand what the covenant with Abraham, involves, that makes quite a huge difference, in our understanding.

The scriptures do say, that Abraham put faith in God, and it was counted as righteousness. Genesis 15:6
Of course works went along with faith. James 2:17-26
The law covenant with Israel mediated by Moses, did not invalidate, the covenant with Abraham. Galatians 3:17

The Abrahamic covenant is a lasting covenant.
The law covenant with Israel, mediated through Moses, was bilateral, and conditional, and it was broken by one of the parties - Israel, of course.
What did that mean for the law, given by the hand of Moses, the mediator? Interesting question.

The answer is found for us in scripture.
It meant that those far away, could now come in... but how?
Two things were necessary.
  1. Ephesians 2:13-18
  2. Acts of the Apostles 19:3-5
As you said @3rdAngel is sincere. Which is a good thing. Good to meet sincere people.
Grasping the truth of the scriptures though, require more than sincerity. Roman10:2-4

I think most of what you said is summed up in Galatians 3. I like the words of Galatians 3:6-11 in regard to this.
Actually, Galatians 3 is one of the letters of Paul, which sheds light on quite a lot in Genesis.
Good stuff. ;)