• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where Is The Kingdom Of God?

may

verita said:
Where did you get that quote in the Bible? I could not find that quote "...my kingdom is no part of this world...". I found only the following verses but I could not find the one you're telling me. Please specify which Book and Chapter.

33 So Pilate entered into the governor’s palace again and called Jesus and said to him: "Are you the king of the Jews?" 34 Jesus answered: "Is it of your own originality that you say this, or did others tell you about me?" 35 Pilate answered: "I am not a Jew, am I? Your own nation and the chief priests delivered you up to me. What did you do?" 36 Jesus answered: "My kingdom is no part of this world. If my kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be delivered up to the Jews. But, as it is, my kingdom is not from this source." 37 Therefore Pilate said to him: "Well, then, are you a king?" Jesus answered: "You yourself are saying that I am a king. For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone that is on the side of the truth listens to my voice." 38 Pilate said to him: "What is truth?" John 18;36-37

verita

I agree that the Kingdom of God is not in this world but which world? The First Century Christian were persecuted as most of us knew it. Because as Jesus said those Christians were not of this world.
Joh 15:17 These things I command you, that ye may love one another.
Joh 15:18 If the world hateth you, ye know that it hath hated me before it hated you.
Joh 15:19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own. But because you are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.
Joh 17:13 And now I come to You, and these things I speak in the world that they might have My joy fulfilled in them.
Joh 17:14 I have given them Your Word, and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
Luk 17:21 neither shall they say, Lo, here! or, There! for lo, the kingdom of God is within you.

The disciples of our Lord Jesus Christ ask him this question...
Act 1:6 Then, indeed, these coming together, they asked Him, saying, Lord, do You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?
Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know times or seasons, which the Father hath set within His own authority.

And Jesus said also...
Mat 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken away from you, and shall be given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

This is the reason why Jesus said...
Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Anyone who can solve this puzzle or mystery, I am sure he/she belongs to the Kingdom of God.

God bless you all.
:)

may

verita said:
I agree that the Kingdom of God is not in this world but which world? The First Century Christian were persecuted as most of us knew it. Because as Jesus said those Christians were not of this world.
Joh 15:17 These things I command you, that ye may love one another.
Joh 15:18 If the world hateth you, ye know that it hath hated me before it hated you.
Joh 15:19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own. But because you are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.
Joh 17:13 And now I come to You, and these things I speak in the world that they might have My joy fulfilled in them.
Joh 17:14 I have given them Your Word, and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
Luk 17:21 neither shall they say, Lo, here! or, There! for lo, the kingdom of God is within you.

The disciples of our Lord Jesus Christ ask him this question...
Act 1:6 Then, indeed, these coming together, they asked Him, saying, Lord, do You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?
Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know times or seasons, which the Father hath set within His own authority.

And Jesus said also...
Mat 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken away from you, and shall be given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

This is the reason why Jesus said...
Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Anyone who can solve this puzzle or mystery, I am sure he/she belongs to the Kingdom of God.

God bless you all.
:)
the kingdom is not in this world because it is in the heavens, as Daniel 2;44 tells us ........... the God of heaven will set up a kingdom......... and as we all know Jesus is in heaven and in Daniel 7;13-14 it tells us about the time when Jesus was given the kingship , this was in heaven , notice it says that he was brought up close to the Ancient of days( the Ancient of days is Jehovah God the Almighty ) and he is in heaven, Jesus was made king of the heavenly kingdom ,in the heavens in 1914 . regarding followers of christ , they are NO PART OF THE WORLD. they are in the world but they are no part of the world,
On the night before he was killed, Jesus prayed in behalf of his disciples. Knowing that they would be put under tremendous pressure by Satan, Jesus said to his Father: "I request you, not to take them out of the world, but to watch over them because of the wicked one. They are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world." (John 17:15, 16) Jesus did not take on the attitudes of the world , and he did not get involved with political things , and he knew that his followers would be put under great pressure to conform to the ways of satans world,1John5;19

verita

may said:
They are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world." (John 17:15, 16) Jesus did not take on the attitudes of the world , and he did not get involved with political things , and he knew that his followers would be put under great pressure to conform to the ways of satans world,1John5;19
The first centry christians are still on earth even up to this time. Therefore, do you believe that the Kingdom of God in heaven has extension on earth (just like the US mainland have US Trust Territory) and it is called a Church here on earth?

Elvendon

Mystical Tea Dispenser
My understanding of the Kingdom:

To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Not mine I'm sorry to say, a bit of one of my favourite poems.

may

verita said:
The first centry christians are still on earth even up to this time. Therefore, do you believe that the Kingdom of God in heaven has extension on earth (just like the US mainland have US Trust Territory) and it is called a Church here on earth?
the first century christians have all died , but shortly after Jesus was made king of the heavenly kingdom in 1914 the first century christians would have been resurrected by Jesus to rule with him in the heavenly kingdom goverment, the bible tells us that those who are going to heaven would only be a little flock (144,000) and the first century christians were part of that little flock, since the first century others have also been added to that little flock to make the number 144,000 so most have already been resurrected to be with Jesus in the heavens ruling as kings and priests. but there is still a remnent of the little flock who have been chosen by God and they are still alive . but when they die they will be resurrected in the twinkling of an eye, in other words they will not have to wait in death like the first century christians did , they will be resurrected straight away after they die. but the first century christians were asleep in death for ages , then in 1914 when Jesus was made king of Gods heavenly kingdom Daniel 7;13-14 soon after this Jesus started to resurrect them . yes many things are happening in this time of the end. and one of those things is that the true knowledge will become abundant DANIEL12;4

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Luke 17:20 Once, having been asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, "The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, 21 nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you. " NIV

If you want to ba a part of God's Kingdom; love your neighbor.

may

NetDoc said:
Luke 17:20 Once, having been asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, "The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, 21 nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you. " NIV

Some feel that the Kingdom is in our heart because of the way Luke 17:21 has been rendered by certain Bible translators. According to the New International Version, Jesus there said: "The kingdom of God is within you."
In this regard The Interpreter’s Dictionary of the Bible states: "Although frequently cited as an example of Jesus’ ‘mysticism’ or ‘inwardness,’ this interpretation rests chiefly upon the old translation, ‘within you,’ . . . understood in the unfortunate modern sense of ‘you’ as singular; the ‘you’ . . . is plural (Jesus is addressing the Pharisees—vs. 20) . . . The theory that the kingdom of God is an inner state of mind, or of personal salvation, runs counter to the context of this verse, and also to the whole N[ew] T[estament] presentation of the idea."​
A footnote to Luke 17:21 in the New International Version shows that Jesus’ words could be rendered: "The kingdom of God is among you." Other Bible translations read: "The kingdom of God is among you" or "is in the midst of you." (The New English Bible; The Jerusalem Bible; Revised Standard Version) According to the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures, Jesus said: "The kingdom of God is in your midst." Jesus did not mean that the Kingdom was in the hearts of the proud Pharisees whom he was addressing. Rather, as the long-awaited Messiah and King-Designate, Jesus was in their very midst. But some time would pass before God’s Kingdom would come

ayani

perhaps the kingdom of God is wherever people live out their faith with compassion and conviction.

one needn't be in a well-furnished or pleasant place to be mindful of these things.

Random

gracie said:
perhaps the kingdom of God is wherever people live out their faith with compassion and conviction.

one needn't be in a well-furnished or pleasant place to be mindful of these things.

Agreed. The Kingdom of Heaven in all in your Heart, I think.

This is not to say the abstract Kingdom, a 7th Heaven or whatever, isn't possibly a reality also though, just that it is best to be living the Kingdom here on Earth during your given life than to consider it something distant and unassailable.

I tend to believe you can have it anytime you want it, through loving-kindness, compassion and waking up to the spiritual being you are, as the I AM Jesus referred to.

The Kingdom is also an important collective expression of desire for a better world, and for individuals the desire to be surrounded by goodness and benevolence.

It's a very interesting concept, as it encapsulates so much about us and our humanity.

may

gracie said:

the kingdom of God that the bible theme is all about ,from Genesis to revelation , is a heavenly goverment that will bring peace to this earth Daniel 2;44 and Jesus is the king of that heavenly goverment ,he is the best ruler to do the job well ,
For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace. 7 To the abundance of the princely rule and to peace there will be no end, upon the throne of David and upon his kingdom in order to establish it firmly and to sustain it by means of justice and by means of righteousness, from now on and to time indefinite. The very zeal of Jehovah of armies will do this.Isaiah 9;6-7 yes Jesus is the prince of peace, only he can bring peace to this earth. and the kingdom is now well established in the heavens Daniel 2;44
(Revelation 11:15) And the seventh angel blew his trumpet. And loud voices occurred in heaven, saying: "The kingdom of the world did become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he will rule as king forever and ever.".......................yes the heavenly kingdom was born in 1914 and Jesus is now our reigning king.:clap

verita

may said:
the first century christians have all died , but shortly after Jesus was made king of the heavenly kingdom in 1914 the first century christians would have been resurrected by Jesus to rule with him in the heavenly kingdom goverment, the bible tells us that those who are going to heaven would only be a little flock (144,000) and the first century christians were part of that little flock, since the first century others have also been added to that little flock to make the number 144,000 so most have already been resurrected to be with Jesus in the heavens ruling as kings and priests. but there is still a remnent of the little flock who have been chosen by God and they are still alive . but when they die they will be resurrected in the twinkling of an eye, in other words they will not have to wait in death like the first century christians did , they will be resurrected straight away after they die. but the first century christians were asleep in death for ages , then in 1914 when Jesus was made king of Gods heavenly kingdom Daniel 7;13-14 soon after this Jesus started to resurrect them . yes many things are happening in this time of the end. and one of those things is that the true knowledge will become abundant DANIEL12;4
No human until now in heaven..
Heb 11:1-12.... Saint Paul wrote to Hebrews and said that upright persons like Abel, Enoc, Noe, Abraham and Sara died without receiving the promise.
Heb 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
Heb 11:16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

Heb 1:17-38... From Jacob, to first century Christian and even up to this time all saints are still in earth.
Heb 11:39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, did not receive the promise,
Heb 11:40 for God had provided some better thing for us, that they should not be made perfect without us.

Our Lord Jesus Christ will return to get all his saints from Abel to the Christian who are still alive.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord Himself shall descend from Heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ shall rise first.
1Th 4:17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught uptogether with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air. And so we shall ever be with the Lord.

Resurrection of all saints from Abel to the last Christian will happen only once. It will happen on the next coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

God bless you.

may

verita said:
No human until now in heaven..
Heb 11:1-12.... Saint Paul wrote to Hebrews and said that upright persons like Abel, Enoc, Noe, Abraham and Sara died without receiving the promise.
Heb 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
Heb 11:16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

Heb 1:17-38... From Jacob, to first century Christian and even up to this time all saints are still in earth.
Heb 11:39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, did not receive the promise,
Heb 11:40 for God had provided some better thing for us, that they should not be made perfect without us.

Our Lord Jesus Christ will return to get all his saints from Abel to the Christian who are still alive.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord Himself shall descend from Heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ shall rise first.
1Th 4:17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught uptogether with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air. And so we shall ever be with the Lord.

Resurrection of all saints from Abel to the last Christian will happen only once. It will happen on the next coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

God bless you.
Abel, Noah, ect,ect, are not part of the 144,000 who will be going to heaven to rule with christ , they have the hope of being resurreced on to a paradise earth . the ones that Jesus was talking to, would be going to heaven to rule with Jesus in Gods kingdom in the heavens , but they would have to die first.
Before Jesus died as a man, the only hope open to those having divine approval was that of life in an earthly paradise.
After Pentecost 33 C.E., however, Jehovah gave a heavenly hope to a "little flock." (Luke 12:32)
But the resurrection of Kingdom heirs to heavenly life is not the only resurrection. The fact that it is called "the first resurrection" at Revelation 20:6 indicates that another must follow. Those who benefit from this latter resurrection will have the happy prospect of everlasting life on a paradise earth. When will that take place? The book of Revelation shows that it will be after "the earth and the heaven"—the present wicked system of things, with its ruling authorities—are removed. That end of the old system is very near. Thereafter, at God’s appointed time, the earthly resurrection will begin.—Revelation 20:11, 12.

Smoke

Done here.
may said:

Some feel that the Kingdom is in our heart because of the way Luke 17:21 has been rendered by certain Bible translators. According to the New International Version, Jesus there said: "The kingdom of God is within you."
In this regard The Interpreter’s Dictionary of the Bible states: "Although frequently cited as an example of Jesus’ ‘mysticism’ or ‘inwardness,’ this interpretation rests chiefly upon the old translation, ‘within you,’ . . . understood in the unfortunate modern sense of ‘you’ as singular; the ‘you’ . . . is plural (Jesus is addressing the Pharisees—vs. 20) . . . The theory that the kingdom of God is an inner state of mind, or of personal salvation, runs counter to the context of this verse, and also to the whole N[ew] T[estament] presentation of the idea."​

NetDoc said:

gracie said:

I agree with all these statements. The divine realm is within you [plural]. It isn't an observable place or event, but a deeper reality to be discovered in community, in right relation to one's neighbor. Compassion is the divine realm.

gnostic

The Lost One
Elvendon said:
Physically and at the present time, it exists within each of us, while spiritually it exists everywhere.
Maize's quote said:
Jesus said: If those who lead you say to you: See, the kingdom is in heaven, then the birds of the heaven will go before you; if they say to you: It is in the sea, then the fish will go before you. But the kingdom is within you, and it is outside of you. When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and you will know that you are the sons of the living Father.
If the kingdom is within me and is all around me, both at the same time, then when is it my turn to rule? Can I play king right now? I want to play. Can I? Can I? :monkey:

may

MidnightBlue said:
I agree with all these statements. The divine realm is within you [plural]. It isn't an observable place or event, but a deeper reality to be discovered in community, in right relation to one's neighbor. Compassion is the divine realm.
[/left]

[/font]
yes, many have their own thoughts about what the kingdom is, but i like to go along with what the bible tells me . and the bible tells me that the kingdom is a really goverment that will crush and put an end to all manmade goverments and rulerships.
And in the days of those kings(ruling powers now) the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms,(manmade rulerships) and it itself will stand to times indefinite; 45 forasmuch as you beheld that out of the mountain a stone was cut not by hands, and [that] it crushed the iron, the copper, the molded clay, the silver and the gold. The grand God himself has made known to the king what is to occur after this. And the dream is reliable, and the interpretation of it is trustworthy."Daniel 2;44-45 Yes the kingdom is now well and truly established and Jesus is on the throne , watch this space, Jesus is ready to go into action , the question is, whos side are we on .

Smoke

Done here.
may said:
yes, many have their own thoughts about what the kingdom is, but i like to go along with what the bible tells me . and the bible tells me that the kingdom is a really goverment that will crush and put an end to all manmade goverments and rulerships.
You're entitled to your own interpretation, but I prefer the interpretation of Jesus, who said that the divine realm was not observable.

may

gnostic said:
If the kingdom is within me and is all around me, both at the same time, then when is it my turn to rule? Can I play king right now? I want to play. Can I? Can I? :monkey:
LOL ........yes , many dont want to give up their rulership and the bible tells me there will come a time when the rulers of this world will be gathered together in a symbolic sense, not litraly for a showdown with the Almighty . and the Almighty will win.
And they gathered them together to the place that is called in Hebrew Har–Ma·ged´on. revelation 16;16
(Revelation 19:19) And I saw the wild beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage the war with the one seated on the horse and with his army.

The kings of earth take their stand

And high officials themselves have massed together as one​
Against Jehovah and against his anointed one,..psalm 2;2
(Revelation 16:14) They are, in fact, expressions inspired by demons and perform signs, and they go forth to the kings of the entire inhabited earth, to gather them together to the war of the great day of God the Almighty.

may

MidnightBlue said:
You're entitled to your own interpretation, but I prefer the interpretation of Jesus, who said that the divine realm was not observable.
And it isnt ,its in heaven.Daniel 2;44 the God of HEAVEN will set up a kingdom, and Jesus who has been given the kingship of that heavenly kingdom is in heaven also ,Daniel 7;13-14 shows us the Jesus being given the kingship so it is all going on in heaven we cannot see it we can only read about it in the bible. but it sure is happening in this time of the end. so if anyone says that anything on the earth is Gods kingdom or Goverment they are wrong .

verita

may said:
Abel, Noah, ect,ect, are not part of the 144,000 who will be going to heaven to rule with christ ,
After Pentecost 33 C.E., however, Jehovah gave a heavenly hope to a "little flock." (Luke 12:32)

But the resurrection of Kingdom heirs to heavenly life is not the only resurrection. The fact that it is called "the first resurrection" at Revelation 20:6 indicates that another must follow.

Thereafter, at God’s appointed time, the earthly resurrection will begin.—Revelation 20:11, 12.
From the Book of Hebrew Chapter 11:1-39…it is clearly stated by Saint Paul that no one of God’s saints who are dead (or sleeping in the eyes of God) have received the promise. And Saint Paul concluded these words…
Heb 11:40 for God had provided some better thing for us (all Christians), that they (all upright men before Jesus Christ) should not be made perfect without us (all Christians). IT CONFIRMS THAT UNTIL NOW ALL MEN OF GOD ARE STILL ON EARTH.

Luk 12:32 Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
It is true because the flock of God is small compare to the flock of satan.

Why did God say that his flock is little?
Mat 7:13 Go in through the narrow gate, for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many there are who go in through it.

This is the first resurrection (for all that are mentioned in Heb 11:40) when Jesus comes in the very near future.
Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. The second death has no authority over these, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and will reign with Him a thousand years.

This is the second death.
Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and the unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, will have their part in the Lake burning with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

The second resurrection is after 1000 years. Because of God’s mercy he will still give humans a chance to repent for 1000 years (only one day for God…2Peter 3:8). Those who are alive in the near coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and will not be part of the first resurrection will not die and they will leave for 1000 years (human calendar) because death and Hades were cast out into the lake of fire.
Rev 20:14 And death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death, even the lake of fire.

Unlucky ones who will not be part of the first resurrection will feel terrible pains because humans are no longer adaptable to that long period of life like in the days of Adam to Noah. They will be tormented for five months. Even if they commit suicide, they will not die.
Rev 9:5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.
Rev 9:6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

Just to confirms why death shall flee...
Rev 20:14 And death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death, even the lake of fire.

After 1000 years (only one day for God…2Peter 3:8), the verse you mentioned will happen…THE JUDGMENT DAY. Because they were given a chance of 1000 years, those who will still repent had the chance to go to heaven and that is the SECOND RESURRECTION. They will be resurrected together with those dead who were not part of the first resurrection. People who have not known the Words of God but did behave and followed the law that are written in their heart (Roman 2:15).
Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and Him sitting on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And a place was not found for them.
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, the small and the great, stand before God. And books were opened, and another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Why it mentions dead, small and great? Because in the eyes of God, humans who lives in self-pleasure has died while living and also there were Giants on Earth before.
1Ti 5:6 But she who lives in self-pleasure has died while living.

Gen 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days. And also after that, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore to them, they were mighty men who existed of old, men of renown.

The books mentioned here are the books of the Prophets and Apostles…it is called THE BIBLE.
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, the small and the great, stand before God. And books were opened, and another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Those that is not included in the Book of life will…
Rev 20:15 And if anyone was not found having been written in the Book of Life, he was cast into the Lake of Fire.

Words in blue, red and pink letters are not my own words. Those are the Word of God. Thanks be to God.

Pardon me if my grammar is wrong. I am not and English speaking person.

God bless you.