• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where Is The Kingdom Of God?

verita

The most well known prayer is the Lord's Prayer. Jesus said Thy Kingdom come.
Mat 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Luk 11:2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.

And later in the same chapter in the book of Matthew, our Lord Jesus Christ said to his disciples seek ye first the kingdom of God.
Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Our Lord Jesus Christ did not commit any sin. Therefore he did not lie when he said seek or look for the Kingdom of God. He will not tell his disciples to look for the Kingdom of God if there is none on Earth. So therefore, the question is...

WHERE IS THE KINGDOM OF GOD?

Elvendon

Mystical Tea Dispenser
I have always been inclined to view the Kingdom as a many faceted thing. Physically and at the present time, it exists within each of us, while spiritually it exists everywhere. After the apocalypse, the Kingdom will be brought into being as a real, physical entity.

no need to take seeking the kingdom literally

it probably means seek faith...because once that's had the kingdom will come.

Peace4all

AslamuAlikum

Words are too limited to describe how big his kingdom is. Everything is his kingdom pretty much. We are standing on ground that the lord has created. it is said that the throne of god is in the 7th layer of heaven.

But little details like that dont matter. Personaly i dont try to visualize god just because he is beyond imagination:D .

Super Universe

Defender of God
Everything that is is a part of God's kingdom, or it would not be.

If you are looking for it's physical location in the universe, then it's to our left.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
You are aware that the "Kingdom of God" and the "Kingdom of Heaven" are two different things?

The "Kingdom of God" is a spiritual kingdom and the "Kingdom of Heaven" is a physical one.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
Elvendon said:
I have always been inclined to view the Kingdom as a many faceted thing. Physically and at the present time, it exists within each of us, while spiritually it exists everywhere.
I agree.

Elvendon said:
After the apocalypse, the Kingdom will be brought into being as a real, physical entity.
I disagree. ;)

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Jesus said: If those who lead you say to you: See, the kingdom is in heaven, then the birds of the heaven will go before you; if they say to you: It is in the sea, then the fish will go before you. But the kingdom is within you, and it is outside of you. When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and you will know that you are the sons of the living Father. But if you do not know yourselves, then you are in poverty, and you are poverty.

Just thought I'd throw that in there... :run:

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
verita said:
The most well known prayer is the Lord's Prayer. Jesus said Thy Kingdom of come.
Luk 11:2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

And later in the same chapter in the book of Matthew, our Lord Jesus Christ said to his disciples seek ye first the kingdom of God.
Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Our Lord Jesus Christ did not commit any sin. Therefore he did not lie when he said seek or look for the Kingdom of God. He will not tell his disciples to look for the Kingdom of God if there is none on Earth. So therefore, the question is...

Jesus said Thy Kingdom of come. Mat 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

I always see that as meaning "Let earth return to the blisful state of the garden of eden" (ie when we have all reached enlightenment, and there will only be a need for paradise - or the garden of Eden, IMO both are one and the same).

I often think of this, when looking at nature; seeing animals hunt for food......thinking to myself, "How long will it be before we can return to the state of the garden of Eden, where there will be no sufferring, no killing for food..........."

may

verita said:
The most well known prayer is the Lord's Prayer. Jesus said Thy Kingdom of come.

do you remember reading about Jesus when he was before
Pontius Pilate,and he said to Jesus ,well are you a king, and Jesus answered him and said ,...........my kingdom is no part of this world ................. the reason Jesus said that ,was because he knew that his kingdom was going to be a heavenly kingdom, and he was going to be a king of this heavenly kingdom goverment, but at that point in time it was not the time for him to be made king .Jesus knew that it would be at a later time , infact it would not be untill 1914 when he would be made king of the heavenly kingdom , and that would be inline with bible prophecy and chronology. but now in this time of the end he is a reigning king in heaven , and the kingdom is now well established. read Daniel 2;44 ,this is the kingdom that was set up in 1914 and then Jesus was made king of that heavenly kingdom . Daniel 7;13;14 is talking about the time in 1914 when Jehovah gave Jesus the kingship . yes the heavenly kingdom is now well established and Jesus is a ruling king . so this kingdom is being done in heaven ,and eventually Gods will ,will be done on the earth .also the earth will be brought back to a paradise state . and it will all come about through Gods heavenly kingdom goverment. what thrilling times we are living in .

may

Maize said:
Jesus said: If those who lead you say to you: See, the kingdom is in heaven, then the birds of the heaven will go before you; if they say to you: It is in the sea, then the fish will go before you. But the kingdom is within you, and it is outside of you. When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and you will know that you are the sons of the living Father. But if you do not know yourselves, then you are in poverty, and you are poverty.

Just thought I'd throw that in there... :run:
please could you quote the verse , i would be interested to look it up thanks

may

Halcyon said:
Its from the Gospel of Thomas may.
oh i see , i didnt think i recognized it .it is not from the bible. but i think there is a similer verse in the bible when
Pharisees ask Jesus about the arrival of the Kingdom. They believe that it will come with great pomp and ceremony, but Jesus says: "The kingdom of God is not coming with striking observableness, neither will people be saying, ‘See here!’ or, ‘There!’ For, look! the kingdom of God is in your midst."​
Jesus’ words "in your midst" have at times been translated "within you." So some have thought that Jesus meant that the Kingdom of God reigns in the hearts of God’s servants. But, obviously, the Kingdom of God is not within the hearts of these unbelieving Pharisees to whom Jesus is speaking. Yet, it is in their midst, since the designated King of God’s Kingdom, Jesus Christ, is right among them.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
may said:
oh i see , i didnt think i recognized it .it is not from the bible. but i think there is a similer verse in the bible when
Pharisees ask Jesus about the arrival of the Kingdom. They believe that it will come with great pomp and ceremony, but Jesus says: "The kingdom of God is not coming with striking observableness, neither will people be saying, ‘See here!’ or, ‘There!’ For, look! the kingdom of God is in your midst."​
Jesus’ words "in your midst" have at times been translated "within you." So some have thought that Jesus meant that the Kingdom of God reigns in the hearts of God’s servants. But, obviously, the Kingdom of God is not within the hearts of these unbelieving Pharisees to whom Jesus is speaking. Yet, it is in their midst, since the designated King of God’s Kingdom, Jesus Christ, is right among them.
I think it can be translated either way and still make sense.
For me, he's saying that the Pharisees do have the kingdom of God within them, they just don't realise it, they're looking for it in all the wrong places.

verita

Seems that some of you are not reading your book. Have you ever read this passage before?
Mat 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken away from you, and shall be given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

Jesus said these to the Apostles. What does it mean? Who is that nation?

God bless you all
:shout

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
verita said:
Seems that some of you are not reading your book. Have you ever read this passage before?
Mat 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken away from you, and shall be given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

God bless you all
Well, I am weak, so I will reply. It is not like many of you are terribly interested in my views, but what the heck.

"the kingdom of God shall be taken away from you" = you will be in ignorance.
"shall be given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof" = the "nation" is a group of individuals, the righteous, who will exhibit, if not embody the kindom of god. By their deeds, you will know them, for they will show you the truth, though because you are in ignorance, you many not recognize it. Sadly, the truth, is not "the truth" you are expecting to see. The kingdom of heaven is all around you and within you, as you are already a part of it, if you could but perceive.

verita

may said:
do you remember reading about Jesus when he was before
Pontius Pilate,and he said to Jesus ,well are you a king, and Jesus answered him and said ,...........my kingdom is no part of this world...
Where did you get that quote in the Bible? I could not find that quote "...my kingdom is no part of this world...". I found only the following verses but I could not find the one you're telling me. Please specify which Book and Chapter.

Mat 27:11 And Jesus stood before the governor. And the governor asked Him, saying, Are you the king of the Jews? And Jesus said to him, You say it.
Mat 27:12 And when He was accused by the chief priests and elders, He answered nothing.
Mat 27:13 Then Pilate said to Him, Do you not hear how many things they witness against you?
Mat 27:14 And He did not answer him a word, so that the governor greatly marveled. Mat 27:15 Now at that feast the governor was accustomed to release to the people a prisoner, whomever they desired.

Mar 15:2 And Pilate asked Him, Are you the king of the Jews? And answering He said to him, You say it.
Mar 15:3 And the chief priests accused Him of many things, but He answered nothing.
Mar 15:4 And Pilate asked Him again, saying, Do you answer nothing? Behold how many things they witness against you!
Mar 15:5 But Jesus still answered nothing, so that Pilate marveled.

Luk 23:3 And Pilate asked Him, saying, Are you the king of the Jews? And He answered him and said, You say it.
Luk 23:4 And Pilate said to the chief priests and to the people, I find no fault in this man.

Joh 18:37 Pilate then said to Him, Are you a king then? Jesus answered, You say it that I am a king. To this end I was born, and for this cause I came into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.
Joh 18:38 Pilate said to Him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again to the Jews and said to them, I find no fault in him.

So far, those red letters were the only words that came out of our Lord Jesus Christ when he was being asked by Pilate.

Peace4all

sandy whitelinger said:
You are aware that the "Kingdom of God" and the "Kingdom of Heaven" are two different things?

The "Kingdom of God" is a spiritual kingdom and the "Kingdom of Heaven" is a physical one.

sure u dont have it vise-versa??

lunamoth

Will to love
The Kingdom of God is Love manifest.

20 Once, having been asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, "The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, 21 nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within[b] you." (Luke 17)

may

verita said:

God bless you all
yes that verse has been fullfilled, the nation rejected Jesus , so a new nation of spiritual israelites was brought forth and they are producing good fruits,and they are from all nations and tribes
Jesus said to them: "Did YOU never read in the Scriptures, ‘The stone that the builders rejected is the one that has become the chief cornerstone. From Jehovah this has come to be, and it is marvelous in our eyes’? 43 This is why I say to YOU, The kingdom of God will be taken from YOU and be given to a nation producing its fruits............ yes the stone that the nation rejected was Jesus.