• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where is Human Soul Will Go In Afterlife Before Enter Hell/Heaven In Your Faith ?

in islam human & jinn soul will stay in place called Al-Barzakh or realm of the souls in afterlife. They can only enter paradise or hell in yaumul qiyamah or resurrection day. Only soul of prophet, shuhada and children will enter paradise in afterlife. All other normal soul will stay temporary in al-barzakh.

My simple question, where is human soul will go in afterlife. Before they enter heaven/hell/nirvana/valhalla/ellysium/etc in your faith ?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
This one's simple answer is that the questions aren't applicable to my non-existent faith, nor are they applicable to my religion. Neither an afterlife nor a human soul are concepts found in my religion. There is, however, a lot of recycling.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
in islam human & jinn soul will stay in place called Al-Barzakh or realm of the souls in afterlife. They can only enter paradise or hell in yaumul qiyamah or resurrection day. Only soul of prophet, shuhada and children will enter paradise in afterlife. All other normal soul will stay temporary in al-barzakh.

My simple question, where is human soul will go in afterlife. Before they enter heaven/hell/nirvana/valhalla/ellysium/etc in your faith ?
I come from an eastern/Hindu perspective. I think that after death we will exist for a time in our astral/mental bodies on an astral/mental plane of nature. I do not believe in a resurrection day or a permanent heaven or hell.

Tumah

Veteran Member
In Judaism, after the souls that have completed their reincarnations and/or rectification in Hell as necessary, they continue onward to what we call the Garden of Eden. Like Hell, it is separated into levels where one residence is based on one's actions in this world. The level relating to the degree one is able to experience the cleaving to G-d and basking in the Divine Presence. This carries on until the Day of Resurrection where they (along with everything else) will be judged one final time. Whoever makes it through, remains until the completion of the Messianic Age, whereupon the world returns to its fallow state of void for the millennial Sabbath. Then the world enters its last stage called the World to Come which is an eternal state of reward.

Something like that anyway.

eiskalt

I hope they dont go into any sort of place. The good memory you leave your family, friends and all the people with, is the best view for me and like paradise. To be condemned and hated is hell. And to be a nobody after death is neutral in my humble opinion.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
I'm not at all sure we humans have a soul that "goes someplace".
I think we are a living soul. When we die the soul or life force dies.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

There isnt a heaven and hell in my faith. Family spirits stay on earth to help loving family. It is said, I read, that when a young person dies they dont become ancestors right away. Something about that rings true and probably why I saw that spirit in my family home.

rusra02

Premium Member

The Bible reveals there is no soul that lives on after death. Ezekiel 18:4 says; "Look! All the souls—to me they belong. As the soul of the father so also the soul of the son—to me they belong. The soul who sins is the one who will die."
Ecclesiastes 9:10 says; "there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the grave, where you are going."

In my religion, we get awesome dinosaurs with lasers and spaceships, and if you pray every day, you'll build up a treasure of spirit-tokens, which can then be used to play arcade games in the afterlife. Oh, and there's constant sex and fast food and race cars. Also, Jesus is actually Super-Jesus because he has big muscles and a crazy loud electric guitar that he wails on. Every Friday, he'll have a concert and we can use our spirit-tokens to buy tickets to the show. We don't run out of spirit-tokens, because there are jobs in heaven to earn more from; after all, you have be unreasonable to think that all this can happen in the afterlife without employees. Jesus and his dad will take us on spaceship rides, too. Amen.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
My religion doesn't have a Heaven or Hell, punishment or reward, or judgement. We don't believe in a soul in the typically thought of way. We as individuals are made up of a couple of components, making us who we are.

So what happens after death? We really don't know and we really don't care. Our business is to live as good a life as possible and not worry about what comes after. Some Heathens are hell-bent (sorry for the pun) on going to Valhalla, which probably will not happen for 99.997895% of Heathens; some believe they'll go to the hall of their particular personal god/dess; others believe we join our ancestors in a somewhat pleasant, not unlike this life, afterlife. Personally I'd like to go to Thor's hall where it's endless eating, drinking, barroom brawling, smashing furniture, getting drunk, puking, doing it all over again the next day and basically having a good ol' boy good ol' time. :D

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member

My religion doesn't have a Heaven or Hell, punishment or reward, or judgement. We don't believe in a soul in the typically thought of way. We as individuals are made up of a couple of components, making us who we are.

So what happens after death? We really don't know and we really don't care. Our business is to live as good a life as possible and not worry about what comes after.

Pretty much that.

We don't know, nor do we particularly care.

Personally I'd like to go to Thor's hall where it's endless eating, drinking, barroom brawling, smashing furniture, getting drunk, puking, doing it all over again the next day and basically having a good ol' boy good ol' time. :D

Now everybody's died, so until our tears are dried,
We'll drink and drink and drink and drink
And then we'll drink some more,
We'll dance and sing and fight until the early mornin' light
Then we'll throw up, pass out, wake up,
And then go drinkin' once agian.

(-Another Irish Drinking Song)

:D

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Now everybody's died, so until our tears are dried,
We'll drink and drink and drink and drink
And then we'll drink some more,
We'll dance and sing and fight until the early mornin' light
Then we'll throw up, pass out, wake up,
And then go drinkin' once agian.

(-Another Irish Drinking Song)

:D

In the deleted scenes in the first Thor movie, Thor and Selvig go dancing down the street singing a traditional Norwegian drinking song. I don't know what it is though.

RamaRaksha

*banned*
In my religion, we get awesome dinosaurs with lasers and spaceships, and if you pray every day, you'll build up a treasure of spirit-tokens, which can then be used to play arcade games in the afterlife. Oh, and there's constant sex and fast food and race cars. Also, Jesus is actually Super-Jesus because he has big muscles and a crazy loud electric guitar that he wails on. Every Friday, he'll have a concert and we can use our spirit-tokens to buy tickets to the show. We don't run out of spirit-tokens, because there are jobs in heaven to earn more from; after all, you have be unreasonable to think that all this can happen in the afterlife without employees. Jesus and his dad will take us on spaceship rides, too. Amen.
lol Good one

with antics aside I believe our soul will carry on in the memories we leave behind with the people who experienced them with us.