• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where did this tree come from....

Rex

Founder
I think this is the right place to put this. It's more funny than a debate but it was an actual debate.

So I went to meet my wife's therapist. Nice lady and it's always good to have a fresh set of eyes on situations. Anywho somehow we got on the religious/god topic.

She then posed the question in favor of a higher power - "Where did this tree come from?"

Needless to say she had no idea who she was debating! Thanks to RF I made a lengthy response on each side of the debate!

Avi1001

reform Jew humanist liberal feminist entrepreneur
Debating whether a tree came from a seed....at $125 per hour.....do you think your wife is mad at you....???.....:D......

Last edited:

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
I think this is the right place to put this. It's more funny than a debate but it was an actual debate.

So I went to meet my wife's therapist. Nice lady and it's always good to have a fresh set of eyes on situations. Anywho somehow we got on the religious/god topic.

She then posed the question in favor of a higher power - "Where did this tree come from?"

Needless to say she had no idea who she was debating! Thanks to RF I made a lengthy response on each side of the debate!

I didn't have to meet my wife's therapist, she was so good she was able to remotely analyze me and deduce that I was the source of every problem, impressive!

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I think the therapist actually had a point asking how did life get started. Or even the matter that formed life came to be.

But being on RF you know how to argue that issue forever. I guess RF weeds out the dumb arguments on both sides and we are left to agree to disagree on better arguments.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That's pretty funny. I have to confess, I myself have been drawing heavily from RF discussions/debates for years now in real life discussions and debates. For positions I agree with, disagree with, or I think or just really dumb, many times this forum has put me at least a few steps ahead in real life debates.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think the therapist actually had a point asking how did life get started. Or even the matter that formed life came to be.
But being on RF you know how to argue that issue forever. I guess RF weeds out the dumb arguments on both sides and we are left to agree to disagree on better arguments.

Aye, I notice that whenever I see religious (& economic & political) issues broached in the media, the treatment is at the newbie level. Normal folk just don't wallow in such controversies, eh?

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

I've noticed that the quality of debate in real life and, honestly, most other sites are lower than the quality of debate here. Just recently I was debating with a professor of mine who was using outdated, disproved or simply fallacious arguments. I was shocked that at the collegiate level he would use such arguments and it put into perspective the power of the internet shaped debate where information can be accessed quickly vs discussions in person without source material. (granted he was arguing different philosophies against evolution and carbon dating when he himself had a doctorate in Music...but still.)

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
In Australia the answer would be 'Bunnings'.Or more likely 'Bunnings mate - it was on special!'