• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where Did these Beliefs Come From?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Jeremiah 23:5
“The days are coming,” declares the Lord,
“when I will raise up for David a righteous Branch,
a King who will reign wisely
and do what is just and right in the land.

Again, there has to be direct paternal descent for this to come true.

Not only does Jesus lack the descent, he was never King of Israel, never did "reign wisely and do what is right in the land."

Again what you are saying is totally illogical.

Muffled

Jesus in me
It's still a a religon dude/ you have a deity, a sacred book, you pray, therea re religious rituals (baptism and communion) and an ethical code to live by. It that isn't a religion, then nothing is.

I didn't say it wasn't a religion. I am saying it isn't a gentile religion. It is a religion for everyone.

Muffled

Jesus in me
As a matter of fact it could be labeled as a "cult of Jesus". However, I don't call it that.

I believe in the sense of it being different from Judaism, it could be considered a cult but not of Judaism. Christianity is a new covenant not a revised old covenant.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I believe in the sense of it being different from Judaism, it could be considered a cult but not of Judaism. Christianity is a new covenant not a revised old covenant.
Except, according to the Tanakh, the "old" Covenant cannot abandoned by God per His promise. Do you believe God lied? I can elaborate on that if you wish.

What you've put forth is called "replacement theology", and it really doesn't make any sense-- and worse. Fortunately, some Christian denominations, including the CC, now recognize that and have abandoned that ludicrous "theology" that led to so much harm over the centuries.

2ndpillar

It is the same law, but written on the hearts of Judah and Israel/Ephraim (Jeremiah 31:31-34), as spelled out in Ezekiel 36:26-28, & Ezekiel 37, whereas Judah and Ephraim will be joined, then "cleansed", and then they will have David as their king, and live on the land given to Jacob, "forever", and keep God's statutes (Ezekiel 37:24). The Gentiles simply represent the adulterous women, who was bought for the equivalent price of 31 pieces of silver in Hosea 3. The "adulterous" women was only to be with the son of man, Hosea, for "many days", and then "Israel" will return (Hosea 3:5).