• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where Did these Beliefs Come From?

Muffled

Jesus in me
The "Church", the Roman Catholic Church, is the product of the beast with two heads like a lamb, Constantine, per his 325 convened Nicene Council, and is pillared on the two heads like a lamb (Christlike), Peter and Paul, who deceives "those who dwell on the earth" (Revelation 13:14). She is nothing more than a daughter of Babylon, and either one comes out of her (Revelation 18:4), or they receive of her "plagues".

People were often gathered to hear the gospel of the kingdom, but it wasn't before dawn. The kingdom is of power and spirit, and that is why the disciples healed the sick and raised the dead. Paul told his followers we shall not all "sleep"/die, but on the other hand, Paul and all his time stamped listeners are all dead. That would be a sign of a false prophet.

I believe there is no evidence to support this view.

I believe that is false. Paul never said he wouldn't die and like many prophecies of Jesus, this one has not been fulfilled yet.

2ndpillar

I believe there is no evidence to support this view.

I believe that is false. Paul never said he wouldn't die and like many prophecies of Jesus, this one has not been fulfilled yet.

History infers that Paul was killed by Nero, and is supposedly buried somewhere near Rome. Paul and all who he addressed have entered into the deep sleep of death. There is no "rapture", of which Paul and his listeners apparently missed, but a gathering of "first" the "tares", to be "burned up" (Matthew 13:30), followed by the gathering of the good seed, to be placed in the barn. The barn would be the kingdom ruled by king David, per Ezekiel 37, on the land given to Jacob, and judged by the saints (Revelation 20:4).
As for Constantine convening the Nicene Council, and changing the time (Daniel 7:24), and declaring the day of the sun as the day of rest, well try using a Google search. As for Constantine building his church on Peter and Paul, try doing a google search on when and by whom the basilicas of Peter and Paul were first built.
As per changing the Law (Daniel 7:25) of having multiple gods before me. Simply look to the dogma which came out of the Constantine's Council of Nicaea, and then look at the 1st commandment.
As for Constantine being the 7th beast of Revelation 17, he followed Julius Caesar, the 5th beast of Revelation 13:5, who ruled for 42 months after having been declared emperor, and given the status of a god by the Senate. The 6th beast was the cumulative first 10 Augustus Caesars, the 10 horns, and the following "another beast" of Rev 13:11, would be Constantine, who set up the Roman Catholic Church by way of his Council of Nicaea. We are now in the era of the 8th head of the beast, which puts us at the "end of the age" (Revelation 17:11). If you are looking forward to the beast with two horns like a lamb, you missed the boat. We are passed his lifespan, and are in the end state of his harlot Roman church, which was to "wear down the saints" for time, times, and half a time". That time is coming to an end.

1 Corinthians 15:51-52
King James Version

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
As for Constantine building his church on Peter and Paul, try doing a google search on when and by whom the basilicas of Peter and Paul were first built.
Constantine was a roman emperor. He didn't build any church. He not only wasn't a bishop in the Christian church, he wasn't even baptized a Christian until very near his death.

2ndpillar

Constantine was a roman emperor. He didn't build any church. He not only wasn't a bishop in the Christian church, he wasn't even baptized a Christian until very near his death.

Constantine was a Pontifex Maximus, a Roman pagan position of religious leadership, putting him head of the Roman religion, a position now held by the pope. He appointed bishops, and sent them packing. The support for the Roman church under Constantine came from the Roman empire. The story that he was baptized came from his personal cleric Eusebius who was the state historian, who actually was a leader in the Arians, and as stated by Eusebius, wrote what he thought was in the best interest of the Catholic church, whether true or not. Constantine convening the Nicene Council was a political move to unify and preserve the empire. He was competing with the Persians, whose sun god was Mithras, and the god of his armies, therefore Christianity was made in the image of the Mithra religion, as well as closely aligned with Persian Zoroastrianism. It is thought that Salman the Parthenian Persian, supposedly an advisor to the "prophet" Mohammad, was a Zoroastrian turned Christian heaped in Jewish tradition, who was also a magi and military strategist, as well as a business man, who spoke many languages. This parallels somewhat with the actual Ilyas ibn Qabisah,, king of Hira, appointed by the Persians, who was called Mohammad of the Tayaye, to control the Arab nomads. The Persians, specifically the Parthians, have their hands in both Christianity and Islam, probably in order to preserve their empire, which worked for a while, for the Muslims left the Parthenian home, near the Caspian sea, untouched, and Salman was actually given a governorship in Persia, after the Arabs defeated the Persian Sassanians.
As for the original Saint Peter's basilica, it was built over the circus of Nero by Constantine.
Old St. Peter's Basilica - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
History infers that Paul was killed by Nero, and is supposedly buried somewhere near Rome. Paul and all who he addressed have entered into the deep sleep of death. There is no "rapture", of which Paul and his listeners apparently missed, but a gathering of "first" the "tares", to be "burned up" (Matthew 13:30), followed by the gathering of the good seed, to be placed in the barn. The barn would be the kingdom ruled by king David, per Ezekiel 37, on the land given to Jacob, and judged by the saints (Revelation 20:4).
As for Constantine convening the Nicene Council, and changing the time (Daniel 7:24), and declaring the day of the sun as the day of rest, well try using a Google search. As for Constantine building his church on Peter and Paul, try doing a google search on when and by whom the basilicas of Peter and Paul were first built.
As per changing the Law (Daniel 7:25) of having multiple gods before me. Simply look to the dogma which came out of the Constantine's Council of Nicaea, and then look at the 1st commandment.
As for Constantine being the 7th beast of Revelation 17, he followed Julius Caesar, the 5th beast of Revelation 13:5, who ruled for 42 months after having been declared emperor, and given the status of a god by the Senate. The 6th beast was the cumulative first 10 Augustus Caesars, the 10 horns, and the following "another beast" of Rev 13:11, would be Constantine, who set up the Roman Catholic Church by way of his Council of Nicaea. We are now in the era of the 8th head of the beast, which puts us at the "end of the age" (Revelation 17:11). If you are looking forward to the beast with two horns like a lamb, you missed the boat. We are passed his lifespan, and are in the end state of his harlot Roman church, which was to "wear down the saints" for time, times, and half a time". That time is coming to an end.

1 Corinthians 15:51-52
King James Version

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

I believe there is since God says there is.

I believe that describes the rapture and I have a post on that in Biblical debates.

I believe that is a false interpretation. Jesus a descendent of David will rule the Kingdom of God.

I believe that is nonsense.

That is news to me. What historian are you thinking said that?

Muffled

Jesus in me

I found an interesting article in Wikipedia on the Catholic church describing how the Roman church became more powerful within a pentarchy of bishoprics. I believe that pentarchy could be viewed as the first organized church of the Gentiles. The church in Jerusalem was the first church with a leader.

IndigoChild5559

I believe that is a false interpretation. Jesus a descendent of David will rule the Kingdom of God.

In order for Jesus to be a Davidic king, he would have to have an unbroken line through his biological father. Christianity claims that Jesus has no biological father. You are going to have to make a choice. You can claim that Jesus was born of a virgin, or you can claim that he has Davidic lineage, but you cannot claim both.

IndigoChild5559

I found an interesting article in Wikipedia on the Catholic church describing how the Roman church became more powerful within a pentarchy of bishoprics. I believe that pentarchy could be viewed as the first organized church of the Gentiles. The church in Jerusalem was the first church with a leader.
Interesting. Feel free to quote and cite.

It was Paul who shifted the Christian church from being a heretical Jewish sect into a new Gentile religion. By the second century, the church had done a 180 turn from its Jewish roots, and had become anti-Jewish.

2ndpillar

I believe there is since God says there is.

I believe that describes the rapture and I have a post on that in Biblical debates.

I believe that is nonsense.

That is news to me. What historian are you thinking said that?

What you believe has no more weight than any other misguided persons. The "rapture" is a dogma initiated by some misguided British teenager in the 17th century. Paul's message was that you "surely shall not die", as per his leader, the serpent (Genesis 3:4). The only "gathering up", will be the gathering up of the "tares" (lawless), "first", before the gathering of the wheat into the barn (land of Jacob) (Matthew 13:30). The coming king, per Ezekiel 3:24, will be "My servant David". He will reign over the combined "stick" of "Ephraim" and the "stick" of "Judah", on the land given to Jacob (Ezekiel 37:25). Paul died as did his past listeners, as will his present and future listeners (Jeremiah 31:30). As per the "Word of God" (Rev 19:13-15), he will rule the world with a rod of iron (Zechariah 14:16-17), and the nations/Gentiles will worship the king in Jerusalem, and keep God's feast day, or they will feel the rod of iron.

Dogknox20

All Christians worship Jesus because Jesus is God! "Worship is ONLY for God!" Jesus told Satan this fact.. "Worship only God"!

Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’”

Jesus knows beyond all doubt "Worship is ONLY for God!"
Matthew 14:33 Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.NEVER.......
Never do you read of Jesus correcting them, he NEVER stops them from worshiping him! Jesus knows "Worship is ONLY for God"!

Matthew 28:9 Suddenly Jesus met them. “Greetings,” he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him.
Jesus NEVER stops them from worshiping him! Jesus knows "Worship is ONLY for God"! Jesus would be worse then Satan by accepting Worship knowing Worship is ONLY for God!
Jesus would be sinning if he accepted the worship without correcting them! Jesus never sinned because he is God!

Mary is the Mother of Jesus... Jesus' Father is God..... Jesus honors Mary his mother in a way that ONLY a God could.. He takes her to heaven and places a crown of twelve stars on her head!
Jesus honors his Mother Mary: It is a COMMANDMENT.. "Honor your Mother and Father"! All those IN the Body of Jesus also Honor Mary their mother! Jesus is My Brother thus Mary is my Mother I was immersed into the Body of the risen Jesus thus Mary is my mother!
Jesus is my brother thus God is my father... My mother is Mary! All in her family honor Her as "Blessed"!
This Is Scripture Prophesy...
46 And Mary said:
“My soul glorifies the Lord
47 and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
48 for he has been mindful
of the humble state of his servant.
From now on all generations will call me blessed,
49 for the Mighty One has done great things for me—
holy is his name.
50 His mercy extends to those who fear him,
from generation to generation

From the time Mary made the prophesy; Christians have Honored Mary our mother as blessed! For Two Thousand years Christians have Honored Mary their mother; Mary is NOT the mother of the JW's they reject her! Mary cannot be their mother they do NOT have roots back 2000 years to this Prophesy!

John 1:1... "The word was God"!
John 1:14... "The Word became flesh and lived among us"!

Jesus today is on a throne in heaven because he is God! Jesus has the spirit of God, Jesus Created all things!
Rev 5:6 Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.
Rev 13:8
All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast—all whose names have not been written in the Lamb’s book of life, the Lamb who was slain from the creation of the world.

Thomas tell us "Jesus is his God"! Elizabeth a Jew, Mary' cousin tells us "Mary is the Mother of her God!" Jesus was worship at his birth he was worshiped as he rose into heaven!

Teritos

Was the cross a religious symbol for Christians before Catholicism introduced it?
I can prove you the cross apears over 7000 times in OT. The Cross was always God's sign of power.

If only I had someone to hear my case!
Here is my CROSS; let the Almighty answer me.
Let my Opponent compose his indictment.
Job 31:35

Dogknox20

The second president, of the JW's Joseph Rutherford, taught, “The cross of Christ is the greatest pivotal truth of the divine arrangement, from which radiate the hopes of men.”[1] It was not until the late 1930s that Rutherford changed the Witnesses’ position on this.

1) If a stake were used instead of a cross, then only one nail would have been driven through Jesus’ overlapping wrists. John 20:25 refers to the nails (Plural) that were used to affix Jesus to the cross. This means that Jesus’ arms were stretched out on a cross and one nail was driven through each arm, not one nail through both arms on a stake.

2) Matthew 27:37 says, “Over his head they put the charge against him, which read, ‘This is Jesus the King of the Jews.’” IF.....
If Jesus was crucified on a stake, then the sign would be placed directly above his hands, not his head.

In the year A.D. 100, the epistle of Barnabas described how Jesus’ outstretched arms on the cross were similar to Moses’ outstretched arms in a battle with the Amalekites.

The JW's have no evidence that the passages in Scripture concerning the cross must refer to a stake. There is a whack of evidence among the early Christians who believed that Jesus was executed on a cross and not a stake.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I can prove you the cross apears over 7000 times in OT. The Cross was always God's sign of power.

I’m listening.....out of the 7000 can you share a few? Let’s discuss them.....:)

IndigoChild5559

35 Oh that I had one to hear me!--Lo, here is my signature, let the Almighty answer me-- {N}
and that I had the indictment which mine adversary hath written!

Signiture. Probably the person that translated your bible figured it was an X. It makes no sense to connect this to the wooden crosses that the Romans used to execute people.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
The JW's have no evidence that the passages in Scripture concerning the cross must refer to a stake. There is a whack of evidence among the early Christians who believed that Jesus was executed on a cross and not a stake.
“A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still” seems to be what we see in your many posts against the beliefs of JW’s. I have not seen you address the posts that expose the idolatry and false doctrines of your own church.

In the catacombs, where hundreds of thousands of Christians were entombed, there is no cross as a symbol of Christianity seen there until the fourth century when Constantine, (a pagan emperor who founded your religion and had great influence in its doctrines) made it the symbol of Christ’s death. It was a religious symbol way before then, but with very grubby roots.

The “stauros” used to put Christ to death had to fulfill prophesy concerning the Messiah, which Paul clearly stated for us.
To remove the curse of the Law from the Jews, and to remove the barrier between Jews and Gentiles, Jesus had to be hanged on a stake like an accursed criminal.
Concerning this the apostle Paul wrote: “All those who depend upon works of law are under a curse; for it is written: ‘Cursed is every one that does not continue in all the things written in the scroll of the Law in order to do them.’ . . . Christ by purchase released us from the curse of the Law by becoming a curse instead of us, because it is written: ‘Accursed is every man hanged upon a stake.’” (Galatians 3:10-13)

There is no indication in the scriptures that Jews used crosses. The bodies of executed criminals were hung on a stake as a warning to others.

From the Jewish Tanakh....
“If a man commits a sin for which he is sentenced to death, and he is put to death, you shall [then] hang him on a pole.”
23 But you shall not leave his body on the pole overnight. Rather, you shall bury him on that [same] day, for a hanging [human corpse] is a blasphemy of God, and you shall not defile your land, which the Lord, your God, is giving you as an inheritance.”

(Deuteronomy 21:22-23) This was the source of Paul’s quotation.

In classical Greek the word “stau·rosʹ” used of the instrument of Christ’s death, denotes an upright stake, or pole, and there is no evidence that the writers of the Christian Greek Scriptures used it to designate a stake with a crossbeam. A single upright stake was also a means used in Roman executions....they had many configurations.

But the main consideration is not the shape of the stauros per se, but the fact that images are made of it and used in worship.....this is what breaks the second Commandment. (Exodus 20:4-5).

How bizarre to make an image of the instrument used to put someone you love to death and venerate it. If Christ had died by hanging, would we now see images of a gallows with a figure of Christ swinging from the rope? Remember that Israel was told that “a hanging human corpse is a blasphemy of God”.....so how much blasphemy is there in every Catholic Church that depicts Christ that way?

Do you not see how distressing that would be even to God who forbade the making of any images....and why you will not find the earliest Christians using any kind of image in obedience to God’s command?

You seem to be so blind to the features of your own worship that are condemned by God himself.

Dogknox20

I’m listening.....out of the 7000 can you share a few? Let’s discuss them.....:)
Jesus is NOT Michael the Archangel. The very idea of Jesus being Michael the Archangel was unheard of before Charles Taze Russell, the Bible explicitly rejects the possibility of it.
The author of Hebrews separates Jesus from angels, and commands the angels to worship him “To which of the angels did God ever say, ‘You are my son? . . . Let all the angels of God worship him. . . . to which of the angels has he ever said ‘Sit at my right hand . . . ’” (Heb. 1).

Archangels are creatures, the Bible forbids any creature to worship another creature; WORSHIP is ONLY for God.. Christians worship Jesus because Jesus is God! . Either the Bible is in error by commanding the angels to worship an archangel, or Jesus is uncreated and cannot be an archangel.

The JW's teach only the anointed 144,000 seen in Revelation 7 will enter heaven (the “anointed class”), while the remainder that are not annihilated (the “other sheep”) will live forever on earth in paradise. However, the Bible poses some irreconcilable difficulties with this idea. These “anointed class” these 144,000 are Jewish male virgins taken from a square-shaped earth that are now in heaven worshipping a sheep.

NOT one JW elder is a JEWISH virgin; they were married! They were NOT Jews! The JW's are a LIE!

Dogknox20

Deeje Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

HANG ... on a tree! Are you saying; Jesus was hung!? A tree makes a better Cross then a stake! “stauros” does NOT mean stake!
Kittel’s Theological Dictionary says of a stauros:
In shape we find three basic forms. The cross was a vertical, pointed stake (skolops, 409, 4 ff.), or it consisted of an upright with a cross-beam above it (T, crux commissa), or it consisted of two intersecting beams of equal length (†, crux immissa).

The first-century Roman philosopher Seneca the Younger described crucifixions in a variety of ways. He writes:
I see before me crosses not all alike, but differently made by different peoples: some hang a man head downwards, some force a stick upwards through his groin, some stretch out his arms on a forked gibbet (emphasis added).

We refer to the thing that holds up power lines as a utility pole, even though it is usually fashioned in the shape of a cross.

Your teaching has holes.. Christians have always used the Cross as our symbol of being "Christ Followers"... Proving the JWs are NOT Christian!
Clearly the JWs are NOT Christians because: Christians worship only God thus they worship Jesus because "Jesus is God!" The JWs reject Christian teaching for that of a man Taft!

NOTE: Historical FACT Second president, Joseph Rutherford, taught, “The cross of Christ is the greatest pivotal truth of the divine arrangement, from which radiate the hopes of men.[1] It was not until the late 1930s that Rutherford changed the Witnesses’ position on this issue.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Science is a false practice.

How do you argue against men who by group control enforce an unnatural condition and quote I am intelligence as compared to natural life?

Yet their intelligence by design is to build a human theism a machine.

To use said machine to destroy natural forms.

We said his title is the destroyer.

He uses terms satanist scientist creator.

His language science a false language.

Humans speak a natural language.

Then he irradiated every nation on earth via pyramid temple science. Our brain mind changed so did language.

Even today humans affected by the natural state start speaking tongues.

Notice that natural changed and science plus machine was applied inside of our bio natural heavens.

Natural changed as science caused it to change. Natural is not science natural is the mass.

Human evidence was taught science is a liar it never owned design in natural form ever.

To then ask questions about how science by stone conversions were threatening our life. As past life sacrificed said it had.

For want of the advice to reuse and recause it today. Claiming satanic rights. Claiming their thesis invented creation as mass and lying.

Formula never represented mass. Formula represented conversion. They say I want mass yet machine reaction plus formula never equated mass.

Reason that advice they think will be to know understand life sacrificed will make their machine function.

Yet pressing the button having a substance in the machine inside is said science. By scientists.

His thesis however is outside of said machine.

The status satanism. Cause effect of God as stone having been changed.

Now we all know stone is stone.

When stone changes it disappears and makes holes. The sin K of man.

Hole maker is space theism. Satans highest form God space is the seal 0 zero.

He hence wants God.

Yet God owns God Satan sealed as stone.

So radiation gets released out of God. It leaves. It burns again by passing out our burning light atmosphere.

God zero pressurised it. Space. Never God as our God it then hits us on our head as radio wave transmitters. Then the last event is when mass of metals fall to the ground.

Science formula I want God to give me my design reaction by model. Beginning which in thesis is the God body stone. The design itself. Metal out of stone comes back by pressure.

Science teaching stone only existed held because of space pressure. God is natural it said science cannot have it.

So it was never actually stone by form. The Jesus attack.

The thesis was why God as stone existed. Thesis first.

Life sacrificed as science never owned stone.

In the past humans did not own a title Jew.

Jewel of God was EL the power of God in stone.

Crystalline transmitters keep us safe. Satanism unsealed burnt it out of fusion by Sion conversion fission.

All life using technology being all nations were irradiated burnt. So a title Jew was given to all humans. Gods sacrificed human children equal.

It was never just one nation. However the one nation in technology Israel owned Jeru Salem. A point in the technology transmitting by temple status.

Was important in the technology transmitting to function. Why it was fought over. Position on earth.

So humans living there said they had been the worst life sacrificed because of the technology. Owning no other status. They decided to use the word Jew as that reminder to everyone.

As they know satanic occult science the caballah had caused it. As the mountains were attacked.

Why Sion is used as a teaching term.

The law said never break the seal of God Sion.

Man said I want gods eternal. Eternal in God in a fixed held body in mass just sitting in space forevermore.

Science said infinite space is empty you can't measure. But God O mass never owned space it is filled in infinite. Lied.

Imagine how much power God O earth owns. Is what science theories.

Said he wanted it unleashed.

So we wrote a movie about Nazis seeking eternal life consumed by unlocking gods form just to remind everyone how evil a human scientist is.

The secret mystery was space pressure as space was always stated to be mysterious to a scientist.

It never owned any secret in reality as science quantified already in conscious thought it was unknoweable. As only a human theist said so. In egotism it said you will never know.

Egotism however argues in a theists head.

Science does not accept that status and said it will know.

The only time you know is in the too late moment.

tigger2

Dogknox wrote: "The very idea of Jesus being Michael the Archangel was unheard of before Charles Taze Russell"
JWs were not the first to believe that Michael the Archangel is also the Messiah. In fact, it was known before Christianity, during the earliest Christian times, and still by many Christians today.

In his Early Christian Doctrines, J.N.D. Kelly writes concerning The Shepherd of Hermas, of the 2nd or 3rd century:
In a number of passages we read of an angel who is superior to the six angels forming God's inner council, and who is regularly described as 'most venerable', 'holy' and 'glorious'. This angel is given the name of Michael, and the conclusion is difficult to escape that Hermas saw in him the Son of God and equated him with the archangel Michael. .... The Shepherd of Hermas was so near and dear to the ante-Nicene Fathers that many of them considered it canonical scripture.

The 1599 Geneva Study Bible: Revelation
“12:7 And there was war in heaven: 14 Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
(14) Christ is the Prince of angels and head of the Church, who bears that iron rod….”

The International Standard Bible Encyclopaedia:
“The earlier Protestant scholars usually identified Michael with the preincarnate Christ, finding support for their view, not only in the juxtaposition of the “child” and the archangel in Rev. 12, but also in the attributes ascribed to him in Daniel” – vol. 3, p. 2048, Eerdmans Publishing, 1984 printing.
………………………………..
"Michael ... in Dan. 10:13,21; 12:1, is described as having a special charge of the Jewish nation, and in Rev. 12:7-9 as the leader of the angelic army. So exalted are the position and offices ascribed to Michael, that many think the Messiah is meant." -- International Bible Dictionary -- Illustrated (Plainfield, NJ, Logos International, 1977), p. 35.
Protestant Reformer John Calvin said regarding "Michael" in its occurrence at Daniel 12:1:
"I embrace the opinion of those who refer this to the person of Christ, because it suits the subject best to represent him as standing forward for the defense of his elect people." - J. Calvin, Commentaries On The Book Of The Prophet Daniel, trans. T. Myers (Grand Rapids: Baker Book House, 1979), vol. 2, p. 369.
………………………………...
John Wesley:
Chapter XII
A promise of deliverance, and of a joyful resurrection, ver. 1 - 4. A conference concerning the time of these events, ver. 5 - 7. An answer to Daniel's enquiry, ver. 8 - 13. For the children - The meaning seems to be, as after the death of Antiochus the Jews had some deliverance, so there will be yet a greater deliverance to the people of God, when Michael your prince, the Messiah shall appear for your salvation. A time of trouble - A the siege of Jerusalem, before the final judgment. The phrase at that time, probably includes all the time of Christ, from his first, to his last coming.
John Wesley on Daniel 10:21 "Michael - Christ alone is the protector of his church, when all the princes of the earth desert or oppose it." - Wesley's Explanatory Notes.
………………………………......
William L. Alexander, Doctor of Divinity, stated:
There seems good reason for regarding Michael as the Messiah. Such was the opinion of the best among the ancient Jews.... With this all the Bible representations of Michael agree. He appears as the Great Prince who standeth for Israel (Dan. xii. I), and he is called "the Prince of Israel" (Dan. x. 21)--William L. Alexander, ed., A Cyclopedia Of Biblical Literature, originally edited by John Kitto, 3d ed. (Edinburgh: A & C Black, 1886). vol. 3, p. 158.

Your research is faulty again, Dogknox. The idea of Michael as the Messiah is far, far older than C.T. Russell.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
The JW's teach only the anointed 144,000 seen in Revelation 7 will enter heaven (the “anointed class”), while the remainder that are not annihilated (the “other sheep”) will live forever on earth in paradise. However, the Bible poses some irreconcilable difficulties with this idea. These “anointed class” these 144,000 are Jewish male virgins taken from a square-shaped earth that are now in heaven worshipping a sheep.

NOT one JW elder is a JEWISH virgin; they were married! They were NOT Jews! The JW's are a LIE!
I’m sorry but that is just hilarious
You do understand that there is no gender in heaven.....even God is not male in the biological sense. Angels have no gender but always appeared as males to convey their God given authority.

For those of the “elect” (chosen ones) the apostle Paul writes: You are all, in fact, sons of God through your faith in Christ . . . there is neither male nor female; for you are all one person in union with Christ Jesus.” (Galatians 3:26-28)
Many of the elect are biologically females whilst they are still on earth.....but once they have been resurrected, their flesh is discarded and they become spirit beings who can exist in the heavenly realm in the presence of God.

God is described as a “Father” and “Jesus describes as a “son” but this has nothing to do with biological gender...they are used because of this is the headship arrangement that according to their understanding placed God as the head and the males next in positions of authority. (1 Corinthians 11:3) Even Jesus has a head over him because he is not God.

Revelation 14:1-4....
14 Then I saw, and look! the Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who have his name and the name of his Father written on their foreheads. . . . 3 And they are singing what seems to be a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders, and no one was able to master that song except the 144,000, who have been bought from the earth. 4 These are the ones who did not defile themselves with women; in fact, they are virgins. These are the ones who keep following the Lamb no matter where he goes. These were bought from among mankind as firstfruits to God and to the Lamb”.

These ones described as male virgins.....you can’t believe that these 14,000 specially selected humans are physical virgins any more than you can assume that they are all males. Their “virginity” is spiritual because some of the apostles (e.g. Peter himself) were married (Mark 1:29-31) and as the first “popes” were.....as were many of the first Christians who were promised a role in the heavenly kingdom. When did Christ ever forbid people to marry? That was a sign of apostasy. (1 Timothy 4:1-3)