• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where did the magic of the Creator go?

A Vestigial Mote

The laws of nature, gravity, the dead stay dead, etc are true today as it was 3,000 years ago. The creator defied the laws of nature yet today he does not. Where did his magic go?

The answer doesn't matter - and you know this. This form of asking a question without answer doesn't work - there will always be excuses from those whose faith you are attempting to debunk.

"God does what he wants, when he wants."
"You can't hope to understand the workings of an all powerful being."
"God works in mysterious ways."

And yet somehow they still put all their trust in Him. You don't have to go asking rhetorical questions for me to accept that it is craziness.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
The creator interacted with people over 3,000 years ago but somewhere between then and now it stoped. Where did the magic of the creator go?
Firstly, I doubt things were so different 3,000 years ago. Secondly, I disagree that God Consciousness (working through beings of the higher planes) is not actively involved today.

I think where your thinking goes wrong is in taking the Bible as the great authoritative understanding of God and His relationship to the world. Events involving people and spiritually advanced people have appeared even in modern times but the fact that it is not part of any book you hold as 'the story of God's relationship to the world' you don't hold things on the same level.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The answer doesn't matter - and you know this. This form of asking a question without answer doesn't work - there will always be excuses from those whose faith you are attempting to debunk.

"God does what he wants, when he wants."
"You can't hope to understand the workings of an all powerful being."
"God works in mysterious ways."

And yet somehow they still put all their trust in Him. You don't have to go asking rhetorical questions for me to accept that it is craziness.
If you dont have a respectable answer or way to say what you said respectfully, Id nod. It is not a silly question. If God created the laws of nature to where His Son can raise the dead and walk on water, why not today? People have the Holy spirit but not enough to walk on water.

If you dont understand the context, please answer with respect or just say you dont know or even care

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The bible isnt a great authority in my life. Please rephrase your answer. Especially the last part.

Firstly, I doubt things were so different 3,000 years ago. Secondly, I disagree that God Consciousness (working through beings of the higher planes) is not actively involved today.

I think where your thinking goes wrong is in taking the Bible as the great authoritative understanding of God and His relationship to the world. Events involving people and spiritually advanced people have appeared even in modern times but the fact that it is not part of any book you hold as 'the story of God's relationship to the world' you don't hold things on the same level.

A Vestigial Mote

If you dont have a respectable answer or way to say what you said respectfully, Id nod. It is not a silly question. If God created the laws of nature to where His Son can raise the dead and walk on water, why not today? People have the Holy spirit but not enough to walk on water.

If you dont understand the context, please answer with respect or just say you dont know or even care

I don't know... or even care.

George-ananda

Premium Member
The bible isnt a great authority in my life. Please rephrase your answer. Especially the last part.
You said: The creator interacted with people over 3,000 years ago but somewhere between then and now it stoped. Where did the magic of the creator go?

What made you think the first part 'The creator interacted with people over 3,000 years ago' ?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
If we are going by the bible, He interacted with every person wrote the Bible from Moses to the apostles. Unless you believe Gods involvement in the bible were metaphors?

You said: The creator interacted with people over 3,000 years ago but somewhere between then and now it stoped. Where did the magic of the creator go?

What made you think the first part 'The creator interacted with people over 3,000 years ago' ?

George-ananda

Premium Member
If we are going by the bible, He interacted with every person wrote the Bible from Moses to the apostles. Unless you believe Gods involvement in the bible were metaphors?
I was defending my point that your view (that God interacted a lot 3,000 years ago) is highly influenced by your Bible enculturation. You just showed that above. You took my original comment wrong. I was not getting into whether or not I thought God's involvement were metaphors.

I was also suggesting God's interaction may be just as much in modern times, but it is not combined in one book (like the Bible). I hope you understand better now:):):):)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Kinda. I was gearing towards a abrahamic point on view. I dont know much of the Quran, but Im sure some things are similar.

If it were my personal belief, God isnt external and He doesnt "part red seas" or similar things in any of the three abrahamic scriptures. "He" is not even a person. So the magic would be everyday things supernatural and otherwise.

In a biblical point of view, many christians (I dont know about Jews and Muslims) see God as an outside spirit working miracles (more than 'just beyond' coinsedences). It makes me think of cartoons where an imagined God has gray hair and reaches out His literal hand to comfort the believer.

I guess the laws of physics arent real if an external God exists to break those law to make people walk on water etc.

I was defending my point that your view (that God interacted a lot 3,000 years ago) is highly influenced by your Bible enculturation. You just showed that above. You took my original comment wrong. I was not getting into whether or not I thought God's involvement were metaphors.

I was also suggesting God's interaction may be just as much in modern times, but it is not combined in one book (like the Bible). I hope you understand better now:):):):)