• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where did the magic of the Creator go?

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
The history of religion wasnt that long ago to where the laws of nature changed in the last 3,000 years.

We developed science, and tools for looking at the world. Those things in the world that once seemed like the wonderful magic of a Creator became known to use through science.

But...these things are no less awe-inspiring. We now know that every atom that makes up everything on the world was once something else. That a single atom floating down a stream may have been part of a tree that overlooked the Sacking of Rome, or that a single atom in your drink may once have been part of Thomas Cromwell. And that all of these atoms will become other things, and other people in the fullness of time. Every atom that you are now as once something else, and someone else, and will be again - on and on forever.

If that's not magical, I dunno what is.

Jumi

The laws of nature, gravity, the dead stay dead, etc are true today as it was 3,000 years ago. The creator defied the laws of nature yet today he does not. Where did his magic go?
This sounds like you are drifting towards deism.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
This sounds like you are drifting towards deism.
How so? Deism just says God exist but doesnt interact with people. The creator interacted with people over 3,000 years ago but somewhere between then and now it stoped. Where did the magic of the creator go?

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
The laws of nature, gravity, the dead stay dead, etc are true today as it was 3,000 years ago.
Yup.
The creator defied the laws of nature yet today he does not. Where did his magic go?
Presupposing they're historical events that actually occurred, they're supposed to be miracles. So also presupposing miracles exist, I imagine they would still be possible - so I don't think the question of 'where', but 'why not now'.

Religion cant change the laws of naturem
Indeedy - but could a deity?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
The creator defied the laws of nature yet today he does not. Where did his magic go?
It is all about perception; magic still exists, it is just knowing where to find it.... Take many of the mainstream religions, they believe in miracles; yet deny magic. :rolleyes:

We're on a rock in space, traveling at billions of miles an hour, in 6 different directions; whilst sitting still. o_O

A plant takes salts out of the soil, mixes it with sun light and creates sugars; which we can call photosynthesis, yet it is still magic.

If you've read the Celestine Prophecy, it summarizes how what some think of as coincidence, are there to lead us out on our true path... These happen everyday, in lots of peoples life; so from the creators perspective, magic is happening everyday for many.

As for magic that defies physics, look what we did to that last person who showed us... So think those with true power, often keep quiet. :innocent:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
If you've read the Celestine Prophecy, it summarizes how what some think of as coincidence, are there to lead us out on our true path... These happen everyday, in lots of peoples life; so from the creators perspective, magic is happening everyday for many.

As for magic that defies physics, look what we did to that last person who showed us... So think those with true power, often keep quiet. :innocent:
Celestine prophecy is a good book. Have to read it again to remember and reas the sequel.

I was refering to "magic" that defies physics. If people can walk on water only 3,000 some odd years ago (if they did), why not today?

You have the Church confirming what is a miracle and what is not even today. We have people who say theyve see God. Why are these not the same importance as the miracles in the bible? They are from the same God. Time period shouldnt ivalidate Gods actions (or miracles?)

All events are natural to me. My life is a miracle. I was wondering about the ones people disassociate it with the natural world.

Last edited:

Jumi

How so? Deism just says God exist but doesnt interact with people. The creator interacted with people over 3,000 years ago but somewhere between then and now it stoped. Where did the magic of the creator go?
Why do you believe there was a creator and interaction between creator and people?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I base religion, in part, as, belief in a deity rather than organization. Religions that believe in deities, the deity designed the laws of nature. If people can walk on water over 3,000 years agp, why not now? Time period shouldnt matter.

Yep, its "why not now?" but Im not saying a deity chose to stop miracles. Im saying, miracles that defy physics just stoped with no choice involved.

Yup.

Presupposing they're historical events that actually occurred, they're supposed to be miracles. So also presupposing miracles exist, I imagine they would still be possible - so I don't think the question of 'where', but 'why not now'.

Indeedy - but could a deity?

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I base religion, in part, as, belief in a deity rather than organization.
Then I imagine religion is even older than humans, as both humans and Neanderthals are believed to have had some form of spirituality.

Religions that believe in deities, the deity designed the laws of nature. If people can walk on water over 3,000 years agp, why not now? Time period shouldnt matter.
Maybe it doesn't?

Yep, its "why not now?" but Im not saying a deity chose to stop miracles. Im saying, miracles that defy physics just stoped with no choice involved.
I don't understand what you're trying to say here, sorry. :/

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Then I imagine religion is even older than humans, as both humans and Neanderthals are believed to have had some form of spirituality

Exactly

I don't understand what you're trying to say here, sorry. :/

-
I was wondering where (or when?) miracles (the acts that defy the laws of physics) that the Creator did 3,000 years prior disappear to. (when did it stop and why)

The appostles were given the gift to speak in many languages that they were not fluent in.

Why is that ability not exist today?

Christ, a human, walked on water via God.

If we tried knowing God is with us too, well sank.

Time period could not be the reason miracles exiated then but not now.

Where did the miracles go?

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Where did the miracles go?
Ah; I thought I answered something like this, though - something along the lines of wouldn't it be that they wouldn't have 'gone' anywhere; it's just that there haven't been any miracles (or, any "huge" miracles) for whatever reason, entirely up to God's whims?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Ah; I thought I answered something like this, though - something along the lines of wouldn't it be that they wouldn't have 'gone' anywhere; it's just that there haven't been any miracles (or, any "huge" miracles) for whatever reason, entirely up to God's whims?
Entirely up to Gods whims? Got to rephrase that please