• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where did the magic of the Creator go?

Unification

The laws of nature, gravity, the dead stay dead, etc are true today as it was 3,000 years ago. The creator defied the laws of nature yet today he does not. Where did his magic go?

There was never any magic, the only magic was the transformation of a human's mind, occurring within. All those stories are occurring in the brain, from an inside looking out position. You'd think it'd be easier for the sky to just light up and God say, "behold, I am God." Then everyone would be frightened in their panties and believe. Doesn't work that way though. The magic is life and the fulfillment of life and peace of mind "God" brings to the human who surrenders.

Unification

Exactly

Yep, its "why not now?" but Im not saying a deity chose to stop miracles. Im saying, miracles that defy physics just stoped with no choice involved.

I don't understand what you're trying to say here, sorry. :/

-
I was wondering where (or when?) miracles (the acts that defy the laws of physics) that the Creator did 3,000 years prior disappear to. (when did it stop and why)

The appostles were given the gift to speak in many languages that they were not fluent in.

Why is that ability not exist today?

Christ, a human, walked on water via God.

If we tried knowing God is with us too, well sank.

Time period could not be the reason miracles exiated then but not now.

Where did the miracles go?

Walking on water is metaphorical and moreso separation from mind and thought and being in a pure state of consciousness, and the moment we think, or fear, we sink back into the mind.

Unification

Walking on water is metaphorical and moreso separation from mind and thought and being in a pure state of consciousness, and the moment we think, or fear, we sink back into the mind.

Speaking in a new language is metaphorical for when the cosmic energy/light/collective conscious (Holy Spirit/kundalini/etc) comes upon one, their entire train of language and the tongue is tamed. No more lying, no more speaking lies about "God." Only truth and words of peace, love, wisdom, and oneness.

Each in their own language is metaphorical for "God" being no respector of persons. The body is each and all, no matter what language, nationality, color, gender they are. From one end of the world to the other.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
True. Im wondering if those who believe in external magic thay was present literally 3,000 years ago and not today know why and how those explicit magic from God just isnt present anymore.

There was never any magic, the only magic was the transformation of a human's mind, occurring within. All those stories are occurring in the brain, from an inside looking out position. You'd think it'd be easier for the sky to just light up and God say, "behold, I am God." Then everyone would be frightened in their panties and believe. Doesn't work that way though. The magic is life and the fulfillment of life and peace of mind "God" brings to the human who surrenders.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Entirely up to Gods whims? Got to rephrase that please
Pretty much if miracles occurred, then wouldn't a god (so long as it was still able to do so) still be able to do them even today? It'd just be said deity doesn't want to?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Could be. It would be odd that so many miracles happen then but not now as ifnthe laws of natare complete changed just because.

Pretty much if miracles occurred, then wouldn't a god (so long as it was still able to do so) still be able to do them even today? It'd just be said deity doesn't want to?

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Could be. It would be odd that so many miracles happen then but not now as ifnthe laws of natare complete changed just because.
Yeah, out of the options, it'd make more sense for a deity who's been miracle-ing it up for thousands of years but not recently to have either died, stopped communicating, or just hasn't bothered with any more miracles.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
One of many reasons I dont practice deity related beliefs. Time period shouldnt (if it did) matter in regards to the miracles then and nothing now.

Yeah, out of the options, it'd make more sense for a deity who's been miracle-ing it up for thousands of years but not recently to have either died, stopped communicating, or just hasn't bothered with any more miracles.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
One of many reasons I dont practice deity related beliefs. Time period shouldnt (if it did) matter in regards to the miracles then and nothing now.
Well, there are answers to this and probably long discussions on the subject in many philosophical works and apologetic literature. Usually one of the reasons given for things like this is because revelation is closed - but not always, as there are some religions which believe in continual revelation like the Bahá''i Faith and Mormonism. Why there are no miracles occurring with those (or if there are), however, I dunno - but it would be worth asking.

Personally, I do believe in God but I don't believe in 'hard' miracles.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
If people can walk on water only 3,000 some odd years ago (if they did), why not today?
It wasn't 'people', it was a being with divine potential... So ask, why are angels not visiting or making them self known? Because the human race murders them as sin sacrifices! :innocent:
Time period shouldnt ivalidate Gods actions (or miracles?)
Unfortunately it does, people respect peer reviewed studies, scholarly proof, etc... It is all about stuff that isn't in the Now, yet recorded in the past; they've been educated this way, by the same close minded, hierarchical system that the Pharisees instigated, and is now present in our whole society, like the Smith virus in the Matrix. ;)

The other point of magic disappearing, is that about 2000-3000 years ago, a lot of the matriarchal religions were wiped off Mother earth... Psychedelic sacramental culture was forgotten, even tho the religions that were established by it, are still used today. o_O

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic
This sounds like you are drifting towards deism.

How so? Deism just says God exist but doesnt interact with people. The creator interacted with people over 3,000 years ago but somewhere between then and now it stoped. Where did the magic of the creator go?

God, if It exists, hasn't interacted in this natural universe since it was created. There is no evidence for any such supernatural involvement except religious hearsay, and there's no evidence of any kind from before the Big Bang whatsoever. And, BTW, deism is the reasoned philosophy that God doesn't interact at all, ever since the Creation, not just no interaction with people for the last 3000, wherever that figure came from.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
It wasn't 'people', it was a being with divine potential..
As in Jesus? What about Moses? We cant part the red sea, but by God, He could. If its by God, we should be able to too. We have crimes, war, etc happen yet God does not intervene yet He did for His chosen people. When did His magic, so to speak, just stop?

It wasn't 'people', it was a being with divine potential..

Unfortunately it does, people respect peer reviewed studies, scholarly proof, etc... It is all about stuff that isn't in the Now, yet recorded in the past; they've been educated this way, by the same close minded, hierarchical system that the Pharisees instigated, and is now present in our whole society, like the Smith virus in the Matrix. ;)

The other point of magic disappearing, is that about 2000-3000 years ago, a lot of the matriarchal religions were wiped off Mother earth... Psychedelic sacramental culture was forgotten, even tho the religions that were established by it, are still used today. o_O
Thats kind of saying one and one wont equal two 2,000 years from now. If God is eternal, time and history shouldnt change the laws of nature which should include miracles even if we cant test it.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
God, if It exists, hasn't interacted in this natural universe since it was created. There is no evidence for any such supernatural involvement except religious hearsay, and there's no evidence of any kind from before the Big Bang whatsoever. And, BTW, deism is the reasoned philosophy that God doesn't interact at all, ever since the Creation, not just no interaction with people for the last 3000, wherever that figure came from.
Okay. According to deism is God and external being like you are separate from me as hukan beings, or internal we are a part of each other literally? (No pantheism, panenthism, animist, etc)

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
When did His magic, so to speak, just stop?.
Wow, seems you're spending to much time with religious people; got thousands of friends around the world who have magic happen in different degrees everyday. So it hasn't stopped...God intervenes loads, there are cases of miraculous events that are beyond peoples explanation, like car crashes where the person miraculously survives, etc...
Thats kind of saying one and one wont equal two 2,000 years from now.
Think you're missing where i'm heading.... We live in a magical dream reality; by taking psychedelics, we become aware of the reality being tangible... We're living in the days of ungodliness, where many believe; yet have no faith.... Many have got religious labels; yet have no colour in their understanding, it is all based on what is written in black and white.

So with faith you can move a mountain; yet with belief you can't, as it always contains a lie within it. ;)
If God is eternal, time and history shouldnt change the laws of nature which should include miracles even if we cant test it.
full

What laws of nature? Find it funny how magic has become so itemized, there are now laws and regulations laying out how to do even basics....When clearly magic is defined by being something unexplainable.

Miracles still happen, dreams still come to pass, it is just our perceptions of it all....Let go of saying never, and start saying how! :heartribbon:

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic
Okay. According to deism is God and external being like you are separate from me as hukan beings, or internal we are a part of each other literally? (No pantheism, panenthism, animist, etc)

According to deism we can't even know if God exists, only that if It does, that It doesn't interact in the universe. The only manifestation of God would be the universe itself, but there's no evidence for or against God creating it. We can speculate on why a supernatural omnipotent God would have created something in 13 billion years that could have ostensibly been done instantly, and that usually leads to the conclusion that the reason must have something to do with maintaining our free will. We can also speculate about the speculation as to whether pandeism or panendeism are reasonable models for the nature of God, but those ultimately make no difference as to God's motivations or answering the eternal question of why we're here.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Miracles are a part of life. Walking on water and parting the red sea seems extreme from a baby being born or my being pushed by an invisible force so hard as to not be hit by a car. Raising the dead is quite different than surviving the most difficult brain surgeries (as they say). It is different than surving off a artificial heart for years while in the bible people are killed for not having blood on their doors. Miracles happen daily but magic, whole different category of "supernatural" events.

I believe God is life. If "he" wants to save a child from drowning with no one there to save her, he can. If she floats out of the water, completely different story.
Wow, seems you're spending to much time with religious people; got thousands of friends around the world who have magic happen in different degrees everyday. So it hasn't stopped...God intervenes loads, there are cases of miraculous events that are beyond peoples explanation, like car crashes where the person miraculously survives, etc...

Think you're missing where i'm heading.... We live in a magical dream reality; by taking psychedelics, we become aware of the reality being tangible... We're living in the days of ungodliness, where many believe; yet have no faith.... Many have got religious labels; yet have no colour in their understanding, it is all based on what is written in black and white.

So with faith you can move a mountain; yet with belief you can't, as it always contains a lie within it. ;)

full

What laws of nature? Find it funny how magic has become so itemized, there are now laws and regulations laying out how to do even basics....When clearly magic is defined by being something unexplainable.

Miracles still happen, dreams still come to pass, it is just our perceptions of it all....Let go of saying never, and start saying how! :heartribbon:

Youre right, I do spend too much time around religious people.. I live and work arounds religious people (catholic owned place and job); so it rubs off things like God being an entity who can literally reach out his hand to help to suddle, God being a inner feeling that comforts you in times of need.