• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Dead people are dead. Their bodies decompose and are recycled. The atoms of the dead body will be used by worms and soil and flowers and trees and animals including humans. In this way we are all made up of dead people (and other things that have lived and are now dead)
Yes, their bodies are dead and they are not going to rise from their graves and come back to life. They are going to decompose.

Eli G

Exactly. Reading the book of Ezra and his lineage is clearly detailed. How or why would such things be made up? Knowing the history of the Jews and Israel it doesn't make sense that these details were made up.
Exactly.

If we read this:

Luke 3:
23 When Jesus began his work, he was about 30 years old, being the son, as the opinion was,
of Joseph,
son of Heʹli,
24 son of Matʹthat,
son of Leʹvi,
son of Melʹchi,
son of Janʹna·i,
son of Joseph,
25 son of Mat·ta·thiʹas,
son of Aʹmos,
son of Naʹhum,
son of Esʹli,
son of Nagʹga·i,
26 son of Maʹath,
son of Mat·ta·thiʹas,
son of Semʹe·in,
son of Joʹsech,
son of Joʹda,
27 son of Jo·anʹan,
son of Rheʹsa,

son of Ze·rubʹba·bel,
son of She·alʹti·el,
son of Neʹri,
28 son of Melʹchi,
son of Adʹdi,
son of Coʹsam,
son of El·maʹdam,
son of Er,
29 son of Jesus,
son of E·li·eʹzer,
son of Joʹrim,
son of Matʹthat,
son of Leʹvi,
30 son of Symʹe·on,
son of Judas,
son of Joseph,
son of Joʹnam,
son of E·liʹa·kim,
31 son of Meʹle·a,
son of Menʹna,
son of Matʹta·tha,
son of Nathan,

son of David,
32 son of Jesʹse,
son of Oʹbed,
son of Boʹaz,
son of Salʹmon,
son of Nahʹshon,
33 son of Am·minʹa·dab,
son of Arʹni,
son of Hezʹron,
son of Peʹrez,
son of Judah,
34 son of Jacob,
son of Isaac,

son of Abraham,
son of Teʹrah,
son of Naʹhor,
35 son of Seʹrug,
son of Reʹu,
son of Peʹleg,
son of Eʹber,
son of Sheʹlah,
36 son of Ca·iʹnan,
son of Ar·pachʹshad,
son of Shem,

son of Noah,
son of Laʹmech,
37 son of Me·thuʹse·lah,
son of Eʹnoch,
son of Jaʹred,
son of Ma·haʹla·le·el,
son of Ca·iʹnan,
38 son of Eʹnosh,
son of Seth,

son of Adam,
son of God.

... any rational thinker realizes that such a detailed genealogy, of which so many details are found throughout the Bible, could not have been invented.

I wish my ancestors had taken my family records so carefully.;)

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Changing the subject to talk about palm readers and fortune tellers is what is called a red herring fallacy, because it is intended to distract from the subject at hand, which is how well Christians understand the Bible.

(1) Red Herring Fallacy

A Red Herring argument is one that changes the subject, distracting the audience from the real issue to focus on something else where the speaker feels more comfortable and confident.
20. How to Rebut Logical Fallacies - Public leadership Institute

Furthermore, I believe that resorting to personal insults (such as posting something about how I prefer dead friends) is a sign of weakness and a clear indicator that the opposing position lacks a legitimate argument to contribute to the discussion; resorting to insults is all that is left for them. There's an old adage about how slander becomes the tool of those who lose an argument. In my opinion, this adage fits perfectly with regard to the personal insults I'm seeing posted in response to my posts. To be honest, I can't take someone seriously who resorts to personal insults instead of responding rationally.

Last edited:

Eli G

Furthermore, I believe that resorting to personal insults, such as posting, "We know... you prefer dead friends," is a sign of weakness and a clear indicator that the opposing position lacks a legitimate argument to contribute to the discussion; resorting to insults is all that is left for them. There's an old adage about how slander becomes the tool of those who lost an argument. In my opinion, this adage fits perfectly with regard to the personal insults I'm seeing posted in response to my posts.
Weakness is sabotaging a subforum of Biblical Debates to make yourself visible, because you are uncapable of presenting your beliefs in the proper place of the forum ... you know nobody will participate there ... so you came here to interrupt our dialogs about what matters here.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Weakness is sabotaging a subforum of Biblical Debates to make yourself visible, because you are uncapable of presenting your beliefs in the proper place of the forum ... you know nobody will participate there ... so you came here to interrupt our dialogs about what matters here.
@Sgt. Pepper did present what is in the Bible in the following post, but you didn't like her beliefs about the Bible.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
@Sgt. Pepper did present what is in the Bible in the following post, but you didn't like her beliefs about the Bible.

Yes, that is correct, and it wasn't the first time I've discussed biblical content in this thread either.

Eli G

Yeap, whatever ... I can see the old picture: a prophet of Baal in a party with a priest of Amun-Ra, a priestess of Ashtoreth, a priest of Marduk and an Inca sorcerer
... but I cann't see in that tea party a prophet of Jehovah.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
While it is true that Christians agree on the basics, they do not agree on what will happen on earth in the future and they do not agree what will happen to them after they die. For example, some Christians believe that the will spend eternity on earth even though most Christians believe that will go to heaven after they die and spend eternity there.
Yes, that is very true... and the biggest problem is that there are many Sunday Christians vs Students of the Word.

:)

Kenny

Premium Member
@Trailblazer,

Given how inadequately the authors of the Bible depicted their personal beliefs about the afterlife, it's not surprising that Christians have differing views on what happens to people after they die. According to the Christian theological and apologetic websites I read online, the Bible was authored over a period of 1,500 years by forty men from three continents and in three languages: Hebrew, everyday Greek (called "Koine"), and Aramaic (an ancient language originating in Syria). And that's not to mention the number of times the Bible has been translated into different languages. I searched online to find out how many English versions of the Bible are now in print, and the results ranged from 50 to more than 60 (see the search results here). With all of that in mind, which Bible should we read? Should we read the Catholic Bible, with a 73-book canon; the Greek Orthodox Bible, with a 79-book canon; or the Protestant Bible, with a 66-book canon? If it's a Protestant Bible, then we have to decide which version is more accurate. Is it the King James Version or one of the other English versions? Or perhaps we should read the Bible in its original languages of Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic to ensure its authenticity?

According to the Bible, God is omniscient (Psalm 139:1–6; Isaiah 46:9–10; 1 John 3:20), omnipotent (Psalm 147:5; Job 42:2; Daniel 2:21), and omnipresent (Psalm 139:7–10; Isaiah 40:12; Colossians 1:17). I would have thought that a God like that would have done a much better job of inspiring the Bible to be understandable and accepted by his followers, but that is obviously not the case with the God of the Bible. In my opinion, that's why there are multiple versions of the Bible (Catholic, Greek Orthodox, and Protestant, with a plethora of varying English versions). It stands to reason that the failure to be more clear about what the Bible actually teaches is why Christianity is divided into Roman Catholics, Messianic Judaism, Anglicans, Orthodox (Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, Ethiopian Orthodox, Greek Orthodox), and a vast smorgasbord of Protestants: Baptist (First Baptist, Second Baptist, Southern Baptist, Reformed Baptist, Primitive Baptist, Anabaptist, Freewill Baptist), Methodist, Lutheran, Pentecostal, Mennonite, Mormon, Jehovah's Witnesses, Seventh-day Adventist, The Assemblies of God, Church of Christ, Church of God, Church of the Nazarene, and literally hundreds of other Protestant denominations.

In my opinion, the Bible is a worthless, obsolete, and archaic book. Personally, I take whatever is written within its pages with a grain of salt. I think that it would be dishonest of me to continue believing what the Bible claims about the afterlife, as I have had far too many experiences as a medium over the past 43 years. Not to mention the fact that I believe that the Bible has plagiarized pagan myths attributed to Jesus and also has multiple contradictions, such as the scriptures that claim that God never changes. For instance, Numbers 23:19 states, "God is not a man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said it, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?" And Malachi 3:6 also states, "I the Lord do not change; therefore you, O children of Jacob, are not consumed." But other verses imply that God changes his mind (Jeremiah 18:5–10; Joel 2:13; Jonah 4:2), describe God changing his mind (Exodus 32:14; Amos 7:3, 6; Jonah 3:10), or assume that God will change his mind (Jeremiah 26:3; Joel 2:14; Jonah 3:9).

Amos 7:3 "The Lord changed His mind about this. "It shall not be," said the LORD.

Amos 7:6 "The Lord changed His mind about this. "This too shall not be," said the Lord God.

Exodus 32:14 "So the Lord changed His mind about the harm that He said He would do to His people."
Actually, this is more of a compendium of why you missed God. ;)

Kenny

Premium Member
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
Because the earth was cursed. But the spirit and soul live on. :) Your spirit and soul have no earth to go to ashes or dust. Which reminds me, people look under their beds and wonder if the dust was someone coming or going! :D

Last edited:

nPeace

Veteran Member
Let me start by first saying you never come across offensive. :)
Thanks for that.
However, I do come across offensive to some.
You may not see that because you don't demonstrate hypocrisy and arrogance.
If you did, you'd be saying something different... like, "nPeace, you are the most obnoxious person I have ever met." ;)

I think we have over-applied what I was saying. The context of what I am saying is only in reference to our position of Lazarus as historical vs parable. That is why I said that whoever is wrong won't change our future. Yes, there are some things that do make a difference.

Here you went from what we talked about to rewards. I think we can agree with rewards of our works. It is a change of subjects.

Again, yes. We can agree with "if you remain in my word, you will know the truth and the truth will set you free". In reference to historical Lazarus and parable Lazarus - it won't make us any more free or less free. IMV.

You really haven't given any substantive evidence that it is a parable. You believe your position is true and I believe my position is true. I don't think we are lying in that we believe our positions.

I think you are confiscating salvation by works violating grace which is by faith and love and going back to the law of works vs a lifestyle of works birthed through love.

So I agree with all the scriptures you mentioned. Yes, works are important to God. We have to let our lights shine by our works. But the light is supplied by the oil of the Holy Spirit which is by grace and not by works lest we be bewitched Galatians 3:1-3.

If works could save us, Jesus wouldn't need to have died on the cross.

Faith and grace saves us and then, because we are saved, we should carry a boatload of works. :) Otherwise, our faith is dead.

If we go back to works for salvation, Romans 7 calls it spiritual adultery.
I understand what you are saying Ken, but whether we are talking about the rich man and Lazarus, or something else, the result is the same.
How do we know this?
The verses I quoted.

Jesus said...
If you remain in my word, you are really my disciples, and you will know the truth...

They were arguing with Jesus, and Jesus said...
You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie. Because I, on the other hand, tell you the truth, you do not believe me.

Truth is so important to God, and his people, and the scriptures explain why.
The Bible says Satan is the father of the lie. Lying is of his own disposition. On the other hand, the scripture tell us, that Jehovah is the God of truth.
We are told God is light, remember. There is no darkness with him.

It's good for us then to consider what scripture are telling us about light (truth), and darkness (falsehood).
Consider please

(John 12:46-49) 46I have come as a light into the world, so that everyone putting faith in me may not remain in the darkness. 47But if anyone hears my sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I came, not to judge the world, but to save the world. 48 Whoever disregards me and does not receive my sayings has one to judge him. The word that I have spoken is what will judge him on the last day. 49 For I have not spoken of my own initiative, but the Father who sent me has himself given me a commandment about what to say and what to speak.

Does it not seem evident that Jesus expects his listeners to get his saying, since they mean life?
Also, doesn't it seem evident that the light Jesus shed is vital for taking one out of the darkness?
If I went into detail about the matter of light (truth) and darkness (falsehood), the post would be longer than I want it to be.

Consider that we know from scripture, Jesus is brother to the angel that rebelled, and came to be called Satan the Devil.
Jesus thus witnessed his brother's first lie. 'What? God said that. That's not true. You certainly will not die."
The scriptures leave us with no doubt then, that Jesus witnessed every lie Satan has promoted since then. On coming to earth then, Jesus came to do what?
(John 18:37) . . .For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth.. . .

Notice what Jesus followed that up with Ken.
Everyone who is on the side of the truth listens to my voice.. . .

Everyone who is on the side of truth.
Does that sound like Jesus is saying, "Oh. It's okay if you don't get it. Don't worry you pretty little head over those things.?
Does it? It doesn't sound that way, at all. Does it.
In fact, that's the reason I quoted 2 Thessalonians 1:8, 9

The scriptures doesn't appear to be taking these lies of Satan lightly, and encouraging us to do it.
Rather, it evidently sheds light on falsehoods, and urges us toward the light.

14 . . .what sharing does light have with darkness? 15Further, what harmony is there between Christ and Beʹli·al? Or what does a believer share in common with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement does God’s temple have with idols? For we are a temple of a living God; just as God said: “I will reside among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.” 17 “‘Therefore, get out from among them, and separate yourselves,’ says Jehovah, ‘and quit touching the unclean thing’”; “‘and I will take you in.’” - 2 Corinthians 6:14-17​

It doesn't look like God takes falsehoods lightly.
Would you agree? Is there anything I said, which you do not agree with?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Exactly.

If we read this:

Luke 3:
23 When Jesus began his work, he was about 30 years old, being the son, as the opinion was,
of Joseph,
son of Heʹli,
24 son of Matʹthat,
son of Leʹvi,
son of Melʹchi,
son of Janʹna·i,
son of Joseph,
25 son of Mat·ta·thiʹas,
son of Aʹmos,
son of Naʹhum,
son of Esʹli,
son of Nagʹga·i,
26 son of Maʹath,
son of Mat·ta·thiʹas,
son of Semʹe·in,
son of Joʹsech,
son of Joʹda,
27 son of Jo·anʹan,
son of Rheʹsa,

son of Ze·rubʹba·bel,
son of She·alʹti·el,
son of Neʹri,
28 son of Melʹchi,
son of Adʹdi,
son of Coʹsam,
son of El·maʹdam,
son of Er,
29 son of Jesus,
son of E·li·eʹzer,
son of Joʹrim,
son of Matʹthat,
son of Leʹvi,
30 son of Symʹe·on,
son of Judas,
son of Joseph,
son of Joʹnam,
son of E·liʹa·kim,
31 son of Meʹle·a,
son of Menʹna,
son of Matʹta·tha,
son of Nathan,

son of David,
32 son of Jesʹse,
son of Oʹbed,
son of Boʹaz,
son of Salʹmon,
son of Nahʹshon,
33 son of Am·minʹa·dab,
son of Arʹni,
son of Hezʹron,
son of Peʹrez,
son of Judah,
34 son of Jacob,
son of Isaac,

son of Abraham,
son of Teʹrah,
son of Naʹhor,
35 son of Seʹrug,
son of Reʹu,
son of Peʹleg,
son of Eʹber,
son of Sheʹlah,
36 son of Ca·iʹnan,
son of Ar·pachʹshad,
son of Shem,

son of Noah,
son of Laʹmech,
37 son of Me·thuʹse·lah,
son of Eʹnoch,
son of Jaʹred,
son of Ma·haʹla·le·el,
son of Ca·iʹnan,
38 son of Eʹnosh,
son of Seth,

son of Adam,
son of God.

... any rational thinker realizes that such a detailed genealogy, of which so many details are found throughout the Bible, could not have been invented.

I wish my ancestors had taken my family records so carefully.;)
Yes, hi. Exactly!
I had a pretty close family arrangement, and whoever God decides to bring back to life I would like to get to know them. and everlasting life -- ah, how wonderful, we can enjoy everyone forever. :) what a wonderful promise -- Isaiah 65.
17 "For look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth; And the former things will not be called to mind,
Nor will they come up into the heart.18 So exult and be joyful forever in what I am creating."
Yay!!

YoursTrue

Yes, that is correct, and it wasn't the first time I've discussed biblical content in this thread either.

The scrolls carried by the Jews, does show that there were those who wanted to contact the dead, and also shows they were forbidden to, the account about King Saul who had lost God's favor even though he was allowed for a time to continue living worked very hard to go against God because he was desperate. Sad story.

YoursTrue

@Trailblazer,

Given how inadequately the authors of the Bible depicted their personal beliefs about the afterlife, it's not surprising that Christians have differing views on what happens to people after they die. According to the Christian theological and apologetic websites I read online, the Bible was authored over a period of 1,500 years by forty men from three continents and in three languages: Hebrew, everyday Greek (called "Koine"), and Aramaic (an ancient language originating in Syria). And that's not to mention the number of times the Bible has been translated into different languages. I searched online to find out how many English versions of the Bible are now in print, and the results ranged from 50 to more than 60 (see the search results here). With all of that in mind, which Bible should we read? Should we read the Catholic Bible, with a 73-book canon; the Greek Orthodox Bible, with a 79-book canon; or the Protestant Bible, with a 66-book canon? If it's a Protestant Bible, then we have to decide which version is more accurate. Is it the King James Version or one of the other English versions? Or perhaps we should read the Bible in its original languages of Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic to ensure its authenticity?

According to the Bible, God is omniscient (Psalm 139:1–6; Isaiah 46:9–10; 1 John 3:20), omnipotent (Psalm 147:5; Job 42:2; Daniel 2:21), and omnipresent (Psalm 139:7–10; Isaiah 40:12; Colossians 1:17). I would have thought that a God like that would have done a much better job of inspiring the Bible to be understandable and accepted by his followers, but that is obviously not the case with the God of the Bible. In my opinion, that's why there are multiple versions of the Bible (Catholic, Greek Orthodox, and Protestant, with a plethora of varying English versions). It stands to reason that the failure to be more clear about what the Bible actually teaches is why Christianity is divided into Roman Catholics, Messianic Judaism, Anglicans, Orthodox (Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, Ethiopian Orthodox, Greek Orthodox), and a vast smorgasbord of Protestants: Baptist (First Baptist, Second Baptist, Southern Baptist, Reformed Baptist, Primitive Baptist, Anabaptist, Freewill Baptist), Methodist, Lutheran, Pentecostal, Mennonite, Mormon, Jehovah's Witnesses, Seventh-day Adventist, The Assemblies of God, Church of Christ, Church of God, Church of the Nazarene, and literally hundreds of other Protestant denominations.

In my opinion, the Bible is a worthless, obsolete, and archaic book. Personally, I take whatever is written within its pages with a grain of salt. I think that it would be dishonest of me to continue believing what the Bible claims about the afterlife, as I have had far too many experiences as a medium over the past 43 years. Not to mention the fact that I believe that the Bible has plagiarized pagan myths attributed to Jesus and also has multiple contradictions, such as the scriptures that claim that God never changes. For instance, Numbers 23:19 states, "God is not a man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said it, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?" And Malachi 3:6 also states, "I the Lord do not change; therefore you, O children of Jacob, are not consumed." But other verses imply that God changes his mind (Jeremiah 18:5–10; Joel 2:13; Jonah 4:2), describe God changing his mind (Exodus 32:14; Amos 7:3, 6; Jonah 3:10), or assume that God will change his mind (Jeremiah 26:3; Joel 2:14; Jonah 3:9).

Amos 7:3 "The Lord changed His mind about this. "It shall not be," said the LORD.

Amos 7:6 "The Lord changed His mind about this. "This too shall not be," said the Lord God.

Exodus 32:14 "So the Lord changed His mind about the harm that He said He would do to His people."
If I thought all the groups calling themselves Christian were following Christ, I'd feel free to join. But I don't. There are many things to say about the scriptures you posted but suffice it to speak of my first comment.

YoursTrue

Furthermore, I believe that resorting to personal insults (such as posting something about how I prefer dead friends) is a sign of weakness and a clear indicator that the opposing position lacks a legitimate argument to contribute to the discussion; resorting to insults is all that is left for them. There's an old adage about how slander becomes the tool of those who lose an argument. In my opinion, this adage fits perfectly with regard to the personal insults I'm seeing posted in response to my posts. To be honest, I can't take someone seriously who resorts to personal insults instead of responding rationally.
Ok but they're not dead in your opinion, are they? Are the dead really dead insofar as you're concerned?

Kenny

Premium Member
Thanks for that.
However, I do come across offensive to some.
You may not see that because you don't demonstrate hypocrisy and arrogance.
If you did, you'd be saying something different... like, "nPeace, you are the most obnoxious person I have ever met." ;)

I understand what you are saying Ken, but whether we are talking about the rich man and Lazarus, or something else, the result is the same.
How do we know this?
The verses I quoted.

Jesus said...
If you remain in my word, you are really my disciples, and you will know the truth...

They were arguing with Jesus, and Jesus said...
You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie. Because I, on the other hand, tell you the truth, you do not believe me.

Truth is so important to God, and his people, and the scriptures explain why.
The Bible says Satan is the father of the lie. Lying is of his own disposition. On the other hand, the scripture tell us, that Jehovah is the God of truth.
We are told God is light, remember. There is no darkness with him.

It's good for us then to consider what scripture are telling us about light (truth), and darkness (falsehood).
Consider please

(John 12:46-49) 46I have come as a light into the world, so that everyone putting faith in me may not remain in the darkness. 47But if anyone hears my sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I came, not to judge the world, but to save the world. 48 Whoever disregards me and does not receive my sayings has one to judge him. The word that I have spoken is what will judge him on the last day. 49 For I have not spoken of my own initiative, but the Father who sent me has himself given me a commandment about what to say and what to speak.

Does it not seem evident that Jesus expects his listeners to get his saying, since they mean life?
Also, doesn't it seem evident that the light Jesus shed is vital for taking one out of the darkness?
If I went into detail about the matter of light (truth) and darkness (falsehood), the post would be longer than I want it to be.

Consider that we know from scripture, Jesus is brother to the angel that rebelled, and came to be called Satan the Devil.
Jesus thus witnessed his brother's first lie. 'What? God said that. That's not true. You certainly will not die."
The scriptures leave us with no doubt then, that Jesus witnessed every lie Satan has promoted since then. On coming to earth then, Jesus came to do what?
(John 18:37) . . .For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth.. . .

Notice what Jesus followed that up with Ken.
Everyone who is on the side of the truth listens to my voice.. . .

Everyone who is on the side of truth.
Does that sound like Jesus is saying, "Oh. It's okay if you don't get it. Don't worry you pretty little head over those things.?
Does it? It doesn't sound that way, at all. Does it.
In fact, that's the reason I quoted 2 Thessalonians 1:8, 9

The scriptures doesn't appear to be taking these lies of Satan lightly, and encouraging us to do it.
Rather, it evidently sheds light on falsehoods, and urges us toward the light.

14 . . .what sharing does light have with darkness? 15Further, what harmony is there between Christ and Beʹli·al? Or what does a believer share in common with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement does God’s temple have with idols? For we are a temple of a living God; just as God said: “I will reside among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.” 17 “‘Therefore, get out from among them, and separate yourselves,’ says Jehovah, ‘and quit touching the unclean thing’”; “‘and I will take you in.’” - 2 Corinthians 6:14-17​

It doesn't look like God takes falsehoods lightly.
Would you agree? Is there anything I said, which you do not agree with?
And I agree with all those scriptures. :)

But the only support that Lazarus is just a parable is the statement of "Lazarus is a parable"...

Whereas, at least, my position has more than just the statement that it isn't. :) Abraham is a real person. Lazarus is a proper name. It answers the question of where the righteous is at. It supports to truth that Hell is real. Jesus said definitely "There was a poor man named Lazarus" and not "I liken the kingdom "as" a poor man.." and so much more

And since I remain in the word, don't doubt the word, my position has more logic and it is easier to understand as such.

:)