• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I would like to say one thing about this. Life comes only from following Jesus. That would be now and later...:)
AMEN! AND AMEN!

He IS the way, the truth and the life and no man comes to the Father but through him. The words that he speaks, they are spirit and they are life!

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I'm splitting the reply:
How so? Isn't that what the scripture say?

Okay. Thanks.
So I am mistaken, in that a lie the adversary told through his ministers, I took up, and ran with it, and also promotes it.
All I am asking is am I a disciple of Christ, and on the side of truth, in your view? That's all I am trying to ascertain from you, on this.

I've lost track of where we are. I didn't see a scripture.

I'm not sure what you mean. Quoted what?
The above quote.

Trying to understand.
Are you saying that Sheol does not mean grave, or that those scriptures are not referring to persons going to sheol - the grave, at death, or...?

There are many applications to a word. I gave you the definition.

Jesus did not stay where?
Did Jesus die and go to Hades - the grave?

Did you know that the word death in Genesis 2 is plural and not singular? There is a physical death, a soul death and a spirit death. Physical death is when you stop breathing. Spiritual death is when you are separated from God even though your spirit is still breathing (so to speak)

The body of Jesus went into the rich man's grave. The spirit of Jesus went to Hades - a different place than the grave

You agree that Jesus was dead, in Hades - the grave?
please see above

Hell? I thought the word is Hades.
Not every Bible uses the word hell. Even the KJV, does not consistently render Hades, as hell.

If you are talking Greek... you can use the Greek word :) If you are talking English, as noted, many times translated as Hell. I don't think we need to nitpick.

No Ken. Hell is a word that translators use to render Hades.
The Bible does not define hell. People do. The Bible uses the Hebrew word Sheol, and the Greek word Hades.

These words are rendered grave in some translations... Actually, correction... many translations.

please see above. We can end up discussing something that isn't what we are discussing.

Time is short... will address the rest later. :)

Have a blessed day.

nPeace

Veteran Member
The body of Jesus went into the rich man's grave. The spirit of Jesus went to Hades - a different place than the grave
Can you show me scripture for that please. Thanks.

If you are talking Greek... you can use the Greek word :) If you are talking English, as noted, many times translated as Hell. I don't think we need to nitpick.
You aren't nitpicking hell then.
The words are translated as grave most times.
Are you against the use of the word grave?

The word translated as hell many times is Tartarus, and you haven't answer that as yet. I hope you do in the next post.
You say Hades mean hell, and Tartarus - "the deepest place in hell"... according to you - means hell. Is there a hell in hell?

Time is short... will address the rest later. :)
I'm in no rush. Take your time. I can make it short, if you prefer.

Have a blessed day.
You, likewise.

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Good question. :)

Tough question? :(
Tough? No, I really wasn't sure what was meant by "to what end?" Anyone wanting to participate in this forum can, with no limitations other than the general forum rules. I thought that could be generally understood by my post, but maybe not.

If someone wants to debates with Christians only, Same Faith Debates is a better place for that(specifying that only one group of people are to respond).

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Tough? No, I really wasn't sure what was meant by "to what end?" Anyone wanting to participate in this forum can, with no limitations other than the general forum rules. I thought that could be generally understood by my post, but maybe not.

If someone wants to debates with Christians only, Same Faith Debates is a better place for that(specifying that only one group of people are to respond).
Oh yes, this IS the forum to discuss or debate what happens when we die, right? :) Thus if a person just wants to say, ahhh the Bible is a made-up book etc., filled with myths and lies, instead of offering their opinion as to what happens when we die, that's ok, is that right? just wondering...

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
AMEN! AND AMEN!

He IS the way, the truth and the life and no man comes to the Father but through him. The words that he speaks, they are spirit and they are life!
Agreed. Just reading today about Jesus in heaven next to the Father before he came to the earth. He was there when the Father answered the prayers of Hannah and other faithful ones. John 11:25 - "Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die;" Jesus knew who he was. He knew no one rightfully comes to the Father except through him. But -- the question is -- what does that entail. Considering several factors...I will keep you and your wife in my prayers.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh yes, this IS the forum to discuss or debate what happens when we die, right? :) Thus if a person just wants to say, ahhh the Bible is a made-up book etc., filled with myths and lies, instead of offering their opinion as to what happens when we die, that's ok, is that right? just wondering...
A person is free to give either their opinion on the Bible(if relevant to the thread) or their thoughts on death/the afterlife(if relevant to the thread), so long as it is presented as personal worldview and not concrete fact, in this forum.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
John 11:25 - "Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die;" Jesus knew who he was. He knew no one rightfully comes to the Father except through him.
Baha'u'llah said the same thing as Jesus. He claimed to be the resurrection and the Water of Life and said that all who reject Him are as the dead.
Of course, He was talking about being spiritually dead, not physically dead. ;)

“Incline your ears to the sweet melody of this Prisoner. Arise, and lift up your voices, that haply they that are fast asleep may be awakened. Say: O ye who areas dead! The Hand of Divine bounty proffereth unto you the Water of Life. Hasten and drink your fill. Whoso hath been re-born in this Day, shall never die; whoso remaineth dead, shall never live.”Gleanings, p. 213

“He is indeed as one dead who, at the wondrous dawn of this Revelation, hath failed to be quickened by its soul-stirring breeze……

O My servants! Whoso hath tasted of this Fountain hath attained unto everlasting Life, and whoso hath refused to drink therefrom is even as the dead.”
Gleanings, p. 169

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
AMEN! AND AMEN!

In your personal opinion, of course, which appears to be based on your Christian beliefs. In my opinion, however, it's very arrogant to state "no man comes to the Father but through Jesus" or "all people are sinners in need of a savior" as a definitive fact or imply that it is a definitive fact rather than a belief that is based on a preferred interpretation of the Bible and Christian theology. For instance, Baha'is (like @Trailblazer and @Truthseeker) believe that they are able to come to God through Baha'u'llah, whom they believe to be a Messenger of God, but they don't believe he is the only way to God. As far as I'm concerned, they have as much right to practice their religion as Christians do, and their voice matters in this thread and in all other religious discussions.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
A person is free to give either their opinion on the Bible(if relevant to the thread) or their thoughts on death/the afterlife(if relevant to the thread), so long as it is presented as personal worldview and not concrete fact, in this forum.

Thank you again, JustGeorge, for emphasizing that non-Christians (including the irreligious) are welcome to post in this thread and in this specific forum.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Baha'u'llah said the same thing as Jesus. He claimed to be the resurrection and the Water of Life and said that all who reject Him are as the dead.
Of course, He was talking about being spiritually dead, not physically dead. ;)

“Incline your ears to the sweet melody of this Prisoner. Arise, and lift up your voices, that haply they that are fast asleep may be awakened. Say: O ye who areas dead! The Hand of Divine bounty proffereth unto you the Water of Life. Hasten and drink your fill. Whoso hath been re-born in this Day, shall never die; whoso remaineth dead, shall never live.”Gleanings, p. 213

“He is indeed as one dead who, at the wondrous dawn of this Revelation, hath failed to be quickened by its soul-stirring breeze……

O My servants! Whoso hath tasted of this Fountain hath attained unto everlasting Life, and whoso hath refused to drink therefrom is even as the dead.”
Gleanings, p. 169

I've already discussed my opinions of the Bible (see my posts here), and while we may not always agree, I've learned a lot about your beliefs.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I've already discussed my opinions of the Bible (see my posts here), and while we may not always agree, I've learned a lot about your beliefs.
I have mixed feelings about the Bible. I like a lot of Bible verses but some I don't care for or believe are true. Stay tuned, because shortly I am going to post a new thread that gives an example of verses I don't believe are true.

cataway

I have mixed feelings about the Bible. I like a lot of Bible verses but some I don't care for or believe are true. Stay tuned, because shortly I am going to post a new thread that gives an example of verses I don't believe are true.
why am i not surprised