• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When you die...

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
...how would you like to be disposed of?

Also, how does your spiritual beliefs factor in?

Personally, I would like to be cremated, by not right away. If memory serves me right, The Tibetan Book of the Dead is supposed to be read as you are dying. More so, after death, loved ones recite the book in the presence of your body after death to help guide your soul as it leaves the body.

I would like to do something like this I think. Hopefully I have plenty of time to think about it.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Personally, I would like to be cremated, by not right away. If memory serves me right, The Tibetan Book of the Dead is supposed to be read as you are dying. More so, after death, loved ones recite the book in the presence of your body after death to help guide your soul as it leaves the body.

I would like to do something like this I think. Hopefully I have plenty of time to think about it.
I have no thought about this, so it is difficult to give a good answer. The day i die others will decide what happens to this body. :)

Heyo

Veteran Member
I have no thought about this, so it is difficult to give a good answer. The day i die others will decide what happens to this body. :)
Epicurus-quote-death.jpg

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Hopefully I have plenty of time to think about it.
One can never be sure about what will happen in the next moment.
The day i die others will decide what happens to this body. :)
That is very disappointing. The body that belonged to me all these years, is no more mine after death. I want my body to go to a medical college where students can dissect it and learn about how body works. But by Indian law, my kin make the decision. And if anyone objects, the medical college will not accept the body. :(

Last edited:

Heyo

Veteran Member

I fear I'm too old now that my organs are of any use to anybody but I still carry my donor card. The next best thing is my body to be an object of study.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
One can never be sure about what will happen i the next moment.That is very disappointing. The body that belonged to me all these years, is no more mine after death. I want my body to go to a medical college where students can dissect it and learn about how body works. But by Indian law, my kin make the decision. And if anyone objects, the medical college will not accept the body. :(
If someone think this body should be studied when my being is gone, then that is up to them :)
The body is just a vessel for the spirit when we are physical being.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Donate my body to scientific/medical research to benefit society and to avoid expenses. I believe they typically cremate the remains once they're finished with them, so if that's the case then mix my ashes with soil and grow a quality strain of cannabis from it, just for ****s and giggles.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
how would you like to be disposed of?

Burm me and use the ashes af fertiliser is my wish.

The cremation bit is good and all sortrd (best to be prepared) but it's now illegal in france to spread human ashes about. They need to be disposed cleanly, so we have a niche booked in a wall by the edge of the forest overlooking the village.
That won't do me much good but any mourners will have a terrific view for my interment.

I don't have any

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I will be stuffed and placed in an office chair wearing nothing but a Speedo in front of my computer which will refresh the "recent posts" page on RF every two minutes.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Seriously though, while I prefer cremation, what those who I leave behind choose to do with my body to get closure is up to them. I have no attachment to it, and therefore no desire for any post death activity. I've left them the tools to do with it what they wish.

Erebus

Take any organs that may be of use and dispose of my body in whatever manner my family finds most comforting. I don't mind if they prefer burial, cremation or to fire me out of a cannon. Funerals and burial practices are rituals designed to help the living with their grief in my opinion.

exchemist

Veteran Member

I want to be buried with my wife. She, or rather, her skeleton by now, is wearing her wedding ring and I want to be wearing mine. I like the thought that one day, when the graveyard is eventually dug up, somebody may see the rings and read the initials and date of our wedding that are inscribed on the inside of both of them. I am sceptical of an afterlife but I think I will face my own death with more equanimity if I know I will end up with her.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I really don't care. The body dies only, if they want they can put it on a menu chart in a restaurant (I read last year that Sweden thought about doing that; at least less animals need to be killed, so that's a good plan I think)

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
My Master is the Master of Advaita...you are not the body, nor the mind, nor the emotions. You are Divine, hence you don't die. Body attachment is illusion.

I feel that way too, since very young I was intrigued with death, not scared

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Humans are filthy animals, full of toxins and heavy metals accumulated over decades. Best not to reintroduce that into the biosphere.
Whether the body is buried or cremated or disposed in any other manner, the toxins and heavy metals will still reach the environment. So forget about that. Here is something about chemical composition of Earth:

Silicon 27.7%, Aluminum 8.1%. Iron 5.0%, Calcium 3.6%, Sodium 2.8%, Potassium 2.6%, Magnesium 1.5%, etc.
:D
Hahaha, that's good, you like to grow old, meaning you like it here I guess (not scared of death I hope)
Yeah, why not. Life is fun while it lasts, its pleasures, its sorrows. My best wishes to you @Xavier Graham.

Last edited: