• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When Jesus died.Did his spirit go to the center of the earth?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
You didn't answer my question, were the other prophets in the Bible that were killed also lying and faking death?

You accuse Jesus of lying as well as the eyewitnesses to the crucifixion. There were a number of people present at the crucifixion including the apostle John and the mother of Jesus. Do you accuse her of lying as well???? Did the Romans lie and claim to kill Jesus but really didn't????? Did they pull the spikes out of Jesus' hands and feet, jab him in the side with a spear while Jesus played dead???????????????
" You accuse Jesus of lying "

I never said that , please quote my post where I said that. One's statement is incorrect, please. Right?

Regards

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
When Jesus died.Did his spirit go to the center of the earth?:)

I think yes.Because of these bible verses:

Matthew 12:40

And

Ephesians 4:9

Do you not agree?

If so can you say why with bible
verses?

No as these passages indicate our rejection of the Spirit of Christ.

The Spirit of Christ is always in Heaven, even when in a temporal Body.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
and on what evidences does one know that Jesus was physically and clinically dead, please?

Regards

The followers were most likely the most trustworthy and truthful people that existed at the time.

Also there is a record

"The Roman historian and senator Tacitus referred to Christ, his execution by Pontius Pilate, and the existence of early Christians in Rome in one page of his final work, Annals (written ca. AD 116), book 15, chapter 44. [1]

The context of the passage is the six-day Great Fire of Rome that burned much of the city in AD 64 during the reign of Roman Emperor Nero. [2] The passage is one of the earliest non-Christian references to the origins of Christianity, the execution of Christ described in the canonical gospels, and the presence and persecution of Christians in 1st-century Rome. [3][4]

Scholars generally consider Tacitus' reference to the execution of Jesus by Pontius Pilate to be both authentic, and of historical value as an independent Roman source. [5][6][7] Eddy and Boyd state that it is now "firmly established" that Tacitus provides a non-Christian confirmation of the crucifixion of Jesus.

Tacitus on Jesus - Wikipedia

Regards Tony

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
No, wrong, you are being cryptic and evasive. You are not explaining yourself well and not answering questions. This dialogue is over.
Why should Jesus die as per the ideas of a Hellenist like Paul. Jesus was to die as per an honorable Jew would do. Why disgrace Jesus, please, by attributing a cursed death on the Cross? Right?

Regards

Colt

Why should Jesus die as per the ideas of a Hellenist like Paul. Jesus was to die as per an honorable Jew would do. Why disgrace Jesus, please, by attributing a cursed death on the Cross? Right?

Regards
Why do you make things up? Jesus was killed by fellow Jews who hated his Gospel and his Father. As an occupied country they had to turn him over to the Romans for execution. Paul came later, he never knew Jesus.

Crucified persons were disgraced.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Why do you make things up? Jesus was killed by fellow Jews who hated his Gospel and his Father. As an occupied country they had to turn him over to the Romans for execution. Paul came later, he never knew Jesus.

Crucified persons were disgraced.
One's information is based on Pauline-Hellenist concepts. Jesus and Mary were Jews and Jews don't have to die a cursed death on the Cross. It is false Messengers/Prophets who die on the Cross, a cursed death as per Jews and or Torah, please, please. Right?

Regards

Colt

One's information is based on Pauline-Hellenist concepts. Jesus and Mary were Jews and Jews don't have to die a cursed death on the Cross. It is false Messengers/Prophets who die on the Cross, a cursed death as per Jews and or Torah, please, please. Right?

Regards
No, Jews don’t have to die a “cursed death” but that is in fact what some Jews did to Jesus. If you read the Bible you would know that some Israelites killed TRUE prophets in the past.

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
No, Jews don’t have to die a “cursed death” but that is in fact what some Jews did to Jesus. If you read the Bible you would know that some Israelites killed TRUE prophets in the past.
" No, Jews don’t have to die a “cursed death” but that is in fact what some Jews did to Jesus. "

and Pauline-Hellenist-Christians support them to prove that Jesus died a cursed death on the Cross as per Torah. Right?

Regards

Colt

" No, Jews don’t have to die a “cursed death” but that is in fact what some Jews did to Jesus. "

and Pauline-Hellenist-Christians support them to prove that Jesus died a cursed death on the Cross as per Torah. Right?

Regards
You don’t make sense.

DNB

Christian
How does one know that, please? What evidence one has that Jesus was clinically dead. What physician wrote that and issued the death certificate, please?

Regards
What does that mean? What evidence is there that Jesus even lived, or that he lived in Nazareth, or that his mother was Mary, or that he was a carpenter?
Any historical event pertaining to any historical figure, can be questioned to such a degree.
The question was: what does the passage mean, and I expounded on it.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:

You don’t make sense.

Paul achieved two objective by faking the vision, one gathers:
  1. On one hand Paul created a wedge between Jesus and Jews who could never accept a Messiah that got killed on the Cross.
  2. On other hand Paul being a Hellenist deviated the followers of Jesus to Hellenism.
Paul achieved both of his objectives, I understand. Right?

Regards

Eli G

When Jesus died.Did his spirit go to the center of the earth?:)

I think yes.Because of these bible verses:

Matthew 12:40

And

Ephesians 4:9

Do you not agree?

If so can you say why with bible
verses?
Well, the question should be: when Jesus died, was he dead?
What do you think?

Colt

paarsurrey said:

Paul achieved two objective by faking the vision, one gathers:
  1. On one hand Paul created a wedge between Jesus and Jews who could never accept a Messiah that got killed on the Cross.
  2. On other hand Paul being a Hellenist deviated the followers of Jesus to Hellenism.
Paul achieved both of his objectives, I understand. Right?

Regards
So now you say Paul was faking? The Jews had already rejected Jesus as Messiah long before Paul came around. You have the story all mixed up!

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
So now you say Paul was faking? The Jews had already rejected Jesus as Messiah long before Paul came around. You have the story all mixed up!
Paul was a persecutor of the followers of Jesus as he himself admits, he continued it with a different scheme when he realized that Jesus had gone out of the Roman Empire. Right?

Regards

Colt

Paul was a persecutor of the followers of Jesus as he himself admits, he continued it with a different scheme when he realized that Jesus had gone out of the Roman Empire. Right?

Regards
Thats your conspiracy theory that is off topic.

Your signature says "love for all". Bearing false witness isn't love.

Eli G

So, you do think he died, but he was still alive ... Don't you?

Let's see what Jesus has to say:

Rev. 1:18 (...) he laid his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last, 18 and the living one, and I became dead, but look! I am living forever and ever, and I have the keys of death and of [Hades].
... 2:8 (...) ‘the First and the Last,’ who became dead and came to life again ...

Do you think that what Jesus says supports what you say?

Let's talk about what his followers thought about this matter: when Jesus breathed his last on the stake, how did that affect his disciples and why?

Meditate on what the Scripture says and visualize the event and those next two days as if you had been one of his followers when he was alive.

Did they think he was still alive somewhere?