• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When Jesus died.Did his spirit go to the center of the earth?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Yes, as Jesus did not die on the Cross, and he was laid in the tomb by his friends for treatment of his wounds inflicted on his body on the Cross.
you contradicted your self. BTY he was not hurt he was dead[/QUOTE]
Jesus pegged the event with Jonah's event and Jonah did not die in the belly of the fish. Right?

Regards
ah but he was in the grave and as he said he would be getting out just as Jonah did . Jonah did not know he was going to be getting out of that fish. he was as good as dead[/QUOTE]

1 From inside the fish Jonah prayed to the Lord his God.
BibleGateway.com: Search for a Bible passage in 71 languages and 224 versions.
search=Jonah%202&version=NIV
Jonah like Jesus prayed to G-d, so both were not physically and medically dead, they could pray. Right?

Regards

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, as Jesus did not die on the Cross, and he was laid in the tomb by his friends for treatment of his wounds inflicted on his body on the Cross.

Regards
He dies to himself. He teaches followers to deny themselves. They have to cease to be about 'I'. There is to be no quarreling. Jesus teaches his followers "If any man who is angry with his brother he will be in danger of judgment..." Jesus followers must die to themselves as he has done. Paul the apostle later alludes to this and says "Be a living sacrifice....be transformed by the renewing of your mind." (Romans 12)

This is a higher standard than what most people have. Most people feel like a little bit of controlled anger is normal. Jesus is teaching a very gentle existence which is not macho and is not appealing to our selves as men. It is very difficult, and I have always struggled with this and failed. It is, unfortunately something that can fool people; somewhat like Moses veil. A person can temporarily put on an act in which they pretend to be very spiritual by pretending to have no anger and to be happy; but no unspiritual person could maintain this for very long. In my experience this usually is an act. Very few people die to themselves.

cataway

you contradicted your self. BTY he was not hurt he was dead

ah but he was in the grave and as he said he would be getting out just as Jonah did . Jonah did not know he was going to be getting out of that fish. he was as good as dead[/QUOTE]

Jonah like Jesus prayed to G-d, so both were not physically and medically dead, they could pray. Right?

Regards[/QUOTE]dead people can not pray. obviously Jesus made his prayer be for he was dead

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
ah but he was in the grave and as he said he would be getting out just as Jonah did . Jonah did not know he was going to be getting out of that fish. he was as good as dead

Regards[/QUOTE]dead people can not pray. obviously Jesus made his prayer be for he was dead[/QUOTE]
Jesus did pray even on the Cross that Jesus be saved from the cup of death. Right?

Regards

DNB

Christian
When Jesus died.Did his spirit go to the center of the earth?:)

I think yes.Because of these bible verses:

Matthew 12:40

And

Ephesians 4:9

Do you not agree?

If so can you say why with bible
verses?
Yes, that's what the scriptures say, but I don't necessarily believe that that's what they mean.
Jesus' spirit upon death, went to the same place that all men's spirit goes, hades/sheol. The terminology used in the verses that you quoted, to me, is just a dramatic way of verifying the authenticity and gravity of his death - he truly was clinically dead, and thus left upon the mercy of God to raise him to life.

Clara Tea

And

Do you not agree?

verses?

Opinions of Clara Tea with quotations from the bible:

Good question. But shouldn't we spend more time fixing the broken world (helping the homeless, etc)?

CHRIST VS. JESUS:

It is the soul that goes to heaven, not the body. Jesus was the body. The holy spirit (called Christ) can ascend to heaven.

BURIAL OF THE BODY OF JESUS IN THE GROUND AND THE ASCENSION OF HIS SOUL TO HEAVEN: God's yoyo?

Put Jesus's body (with soul) into the ground (perhaps 6 feet under, not to the core of the earth), then bounce Christ (Jesus's soul) out of the ground to heaven.

Matthew 12:40:
"For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth."

Jesus was a son of a Jewish woman and a Jewish God. Maybe that gave him a special pass to be with God without the normal illegal alien hold-over in the "heart" of the earth.

Is the center the same as the heart?

Ephesians 4:9 ESV - (In saying, “He… | Biblia

This website discusses the burial of the body (Jesus) and ascension of the spirit (Christ).

Clara Tea

Regards
dead people can not pray. obviously Jesus made his prayer be for he was dead[/QUOTE]
Jesus did pray even on the Cross that Jesus be saved from the cup of death. Right?

Regards[/QUOTE]

Whales are mammals, not fish.

Scientists say that ancestors of whales used to walk on land. Theists might scratch their heads, thinking that it would be an odd sight to see an enormous blue whale walk by on dry land. Then they think of how scientists belittle their conceptions of the universe (not 6,000 years old but 13.8 billion years old, etc). Many theists have a hard time believing all that scientists tell them.

Cup of death? Bad bartender?

Clara Tea

you contradicted your self. BTY he was not hurt he was dead

Regards[/QUOTE]

Not hurt, but dead? I hope he gets better.

The whole Jonah thing sounds fishy to me.

Clara Tea

He dies to himself. He teaches followers to deny themselves. They have to cease to be about 'I'. There is to be no quarreling. Jesus teaches his followers "If any man who is angry with his brother he will be in danger of judgment..." Jesus followers must die to themselves as he has done. Paul the apostle later alludes to this and says "Be a living sacrifice....be transformed by the renewing of your mind." (Romans 12)

This is a higher standard than what most people have. Most people feel like a little bit of controlled anger is normal. Jesus is teaching a very gentle existence which is not macho and is not appealing to our selves as men. It is very difficult, and I have always struggled with this and failed. It is, unfortunately something that can fool people; somewhat like Moses veil. A person can temporarily put on an act in which they pretend to be very spiritual by pretending to have no anger and to be happy; but no unspiritual person could maintain this for very long. In my experience this usually is an act. Very few people die to themselves.

To enter heaven, we must leave our old lives behind.

But what of loved ones? What if there were multiple marriages and many kids? Can we meet famous people in heaven? Would they be bothered by giving them attention?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
ah but he was in the grave and as he said he would be getting out just as Jonah did . Jonah did not know he was going to be getting out of that fish. he was as good as dead

[/QUOTE]
Not hurt, but dead? I hope he gets better.
The whole Jonah thing sounds fishy to me.[/QUOTE]
Yet, Jesus pegged the sign with Sign of Jonah. Jonah and Jesus prayers of both were heard and they both survived death. As Jonah went after his event to his people alive so must Jesus not die and go to his people alive. Right?
I don't understand as to why the Pauline-Christians don't want to see Jesus alive. Isn't it a good tiding for them, please?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Yes, that's what the scriptures say, but I don't necessarily believe that that's what they mean.
Jesus' spirit upon death, went to the same place that all men's spirit goes, hades/sheol. The terminology used in the verses that you quoted, to me, is just a dramatic way of verifying the authenticity and gravity of his death - he truly was clinically dead, and thus left upon the mercy of God to raise him to life.
How does one know that, please? What evidence one has that Jesus was clinically dead. What physician wrote that and issued the death certificate, please?

Regards

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
To enter heaven, we must leave our old lives behind.

But what of loved ones? What if there were multiple marriages and many kids? Can we meet famous people in heaven? Would they be bothered by giving them attention?
Probably this goes beyond the scope of the thread, because he's asking about if Jesus spirit goes into the earth. I haven't even addressed non literal quality of the scriptures referred to, because he's not asking if people have ghosts. He just asks if the center of the globe is what Jesus means and whether Jesus knows that we live on a planet with a center. I say what I think, but I don't address the myth about ghosts.

I think repentance is entrance into heaven but that children aren't interested in that. Children want to hear about harps and gold floors. All of the people are together being built into a temple, so they are together but not in the sense that a child desires. It is in a more important sense. Fables are stories with meanings, stories for children. What does God care about golden floors or gates made of pearls. These are things children like, but an adult recognizes if they are willing that the foundation is not physical but is made of people.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Opinions of Clara Tea with quotations from the bible:

Good question. But shouldn't we spend more time fixing the broken world (helping the homeless, etc)?

CHRIST VS. JESUS:

It is the soul that goes to heaven, not the body. Jesus was the body. The holy spirit (called Christ) can ascend to heaven.

BURIAL OF THE BODY OF JESUS IN THE GROUND AND THE ASCENSION OF HIS SOUL TO HEAVEN: God's yoyo?

Put Jesus's body (with soul) into the ground (perhaps 6 feet under, not to the core of the earth), then bounce Christ (Jesus's soul) out of the ground to heaven.

Matthew 12:40:
"For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth."

Jesus was a son of a Jewish woman and a Jewish God. Maybe that gave him a special pass to be with God without the normal illegal alien hold-over in the "heart" of the earth.

Is the center the same as the heart?

Ephesians 4:9 ESV - (In saying, “He… | Biblia

This website discusses the burial of the body (Jesus) and ascension of the spirit (Christ).
" Jesus was a son of a Jewish woman and a Jewish God."

It is a wrong concept and is a Hellenist creed. Mary was never a wife of any G-d. Right?

Regards

Colt

And

Do you not agree?

verses?
Jonah was a parable and "heart of the earth" was synonymous with being dead. The body died but not the Son of God.

Colt

and on what evidences does one know that Jesus was physically and clinically dead, please?

Regards
Eye witness accounts. If someone nailed you to a cross and you hung all day until you breathed your last breath, then they jabbed a spear in your side without a peep, that's how they would know you were dead. But you don't want Jesus to have died and resurrected so I guess you think he was faking it all?

The Death of Jesus

33 At noon, darkness came over the whole land until three in the afternoon. 34 And at three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?” (which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”).

35 When some of those standing near heard this, they said, “Listen, he’s calling Elijah.”

36 Someone ran, filled a sponge with wine vinegar, put it on a staff, and offered it to Jesus to drink. “Now leave him alone. Let’s see if Elijah comes to take him down,” he said.

37 With a loud cry, Jesus breathed his last.

38 The curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. 39 And when the centurion, who stood there in front of Jesus, saw how he died, he said, “Surely this man was the Son of God!”

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Eye witness accounts. If someone nailed you to a cross and you hung all day until you breathed your last breath, then they jabbed a spear in your side without a peep, that's how they would know you were dead. But you don't want Jesus to have died and resurrected so I guess you think he was faking it all?

The Death of Jesus

33 At noon, darkness came over the whole land until three in the afternoon. 34 And at three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?” (which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”).

35 When some of those standing near heard this, they said, “Listen, he’s calling Elijah.”

36 Someone ran, filled a sponge with wine vinegar, put it on a staff, and offered it to Jesus to drink. “Now leave him alone. Let’s see if Elijah comes to take him down,” he said.

37 With a loud cry, Jesus breathed his last.

38 The curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. 39 And when the centurion, who stood there in front of Jesus, saw how he died, he said, “Surely this man was the Son of God!”
" Eye witness accounts. "

Was Paul an eyewitness of the event of Jesus' crucifixion, please?

Regards

Colt

" Eye witness accounts. "

Was Paul an eyewitness of the event of Jesus' crucifixion, please?

Regards
No, not that we are aware of. But when Paul was persecuting Christians he did witness the stoning to death of Stephen. Or do you think Stephen was faking?

Are there any other prophets killed in the Bible that you think were just faking it?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
No, not that we are aware of. But when Paul was persecuting Christians he did witness the stoning to death of Stephen. Or do you think Stephen was faking?

Are there any other prophets killed in the Bible that you think were just faking it?
So one means neither Paul nor any other scripture writer of NT-Bible was an eyewitness of the event of Jesus' crucifixions, please. Right?

Regards

Colt

So one means neither Paul nor any other scripture writer of NT-Bible was an eyewitness of the event of Jesus' crucifixions, please. Right?

Regards
You didn't answer my question, were the other prophets in the Bible that were killed also lying and faking death?

You accuse Jesus of lying as well as the eyewitnesses to the crucifixion. There were a number of people present at the crucifixion including the apostle John and the mother of Jesus. Do you accuse her of lying as well???? Did the Romans lie and claim to kill Jesus but really didn't????? Did they pull the spikes out of Jesus' hands and feet, jab him in the side with a spear while Jesus played dead???????????????