• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When does the soul enter the body?

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Well many in Hinduism content that the atman (soul) enters at the time of conception. But if I recall correctly the scripture (which Hindus are not bound to the same way Abrahamics are) says that it’s not until the seventh month of gestation that the soul “officially” enters the body
Now I am curious about the scripture. Can you tell me which one?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Now I am curious about the scripture. Can you tell me which one?
I think it’s the Garbha Upanishad.

I’m not too versed on Hindu Scriptures in general. Just that is a teaching I remember from a few local Pundits. Apparently using that particular scripture
:shrug:

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I’m curious as to what the different religions actually specifically say on this matter. Since this is something I’ve often heard from various religious folks. (For somewhat obvious reasons lately lol.)
But I’ve also seen disagreements within the same religion even.

Please support your belief with your sacred texts or your interpretation or the beliefs of your sect etc.
Really anything that directly or indirectly informs your personal religious beliefs on the matter.

And please please be respectful guys. Everyone has the right to their own beliefs.
When people listen to Aretha Franklin for the first time.

ciao

- viole

Clara Tea

I’m curious as to what the different religions actually specifically say on this matter. Since this is something I’ve often heard from various religious folks. (For somewhat obvious reasons lately lol.)

Please support your belief with your sacred texts or your interpretation or the beliefs of your sect etc.
Really anything that directly or indirectly informs your personal religious beliefs on the matter.

And please please be respectful guys. Everyone has the right to their own beliefs.

Perhaps you will not be able to discuss your religion in a forum again. Has First Amendment free speech been canceled?

What is DHS' Disinformation Governance Board and why is everyone so mad about it?

Fearing that disinformation can threaten US security, the DHS (Department of Homeland Security) created the Government Misinformation Board, that has the authority to remove posts, or change the writing of posts in forums. It all depends on how they interpret the misinformation.

My friend had her post removed from Facebook for posting a picture of a pretty purple owl. It was said to be untrue, because real owls are not that color. On the other hand, someone posted a unicorn. (Are uncorns real? Or, are censors playing favorites, banning some and not banning their friends?).

President Donald Trump was a sitting president when he was banned by Twitter and Facebook. The charges were that he incited the storming of Congress by an angry mob (over election tampering). Trump's ally, Mike Lindell (the My Pillow Guy on TV) was also banned, and he was not allowed to advertise at certain cites. This was dubbed the Cancel Culture.

The First Amendment assures free speech. Yet, there are limitations. We have seen unprecedented censorship in recent times.

Responding to that censorship, the richest man in the world (Elon Musk of Paypal, Tesla, Borer Project, and Space-x fame) just bought majority control of Twitter, over the loud protestations of many regarding the hostile takeover. It cost Elon a lot, and his Tesla stock tumbled as a result.

Religious freedom only exists if other freedoms do. Take away freedoms of speech and press, and we cannot defend religion or tell others where to meet.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Perhaps you will not be able to discuss your religion in a forum again. Has First Amendment free speech been canceled?

What is DHS' Disinformation Governance Board and why is everyone so mad about it?

Fearing that disinformation can threaten US security, the DHS (Department of Homeland Security) created the Government Misinformation Board, that has the authority to remove posts, or change the writing of posts in forums. It all depends on how they interpret the misinformation.

My friend had her post removed from Facebook for posting a picture of a pretty purple owl. It was said to be untrue, because real owls are not that color. On the other hand, someone posted a unicorn. (Are uncorns real? Or, are censors playing favorites, banning some and not banning their friends?).

President Donald Trump was a sitting president when he was banned by Twitter and Facebook. The charges were that he incited the storming of Congress by an angry mob (over election tampering). Trump's ally, Mike Lindell (the My Pillow Guy on TV) was also banned, and he was not allowed to advertise at certain cites. This was dubbed the Cancel Culture.

The First Amendment assures free speech. Yet, there are limitations. We have seen unprecedented censorship in recent times.

Responding to that censorship, the richest man in the world (Elon Musk of Paypal, Tesla, Borer Project, and Space-x fame) just bought majority control of Twitter, over the loud protestations of many regarding the hostile takeover. It cost Elon a lot, and his Tesla stock tumbled as a result.

Religious freedom only exists if other freedoms do. Take away freedoms of speech and press, and we cannot defend religion or tell others where to meet.
Couple things.
Inciting violence I don’t think is covered by your First Amendment. Could be wrong, but you can’t shout “fire” in a crowded theatre, just as example of the limits of Free Speech.
Trump was banned off Twitter after he lost the election. Even I know that.
Twitter is a private company, they can ban whoever they please for any reason they deem fit (usually if it has the potential to lose them money, or get them sued, let’s be real.)

Also, you are aware that I’m Australian, right?

We’re arguably much more strict than you guys on so called “Free Speech.”
And yet here I am, openly discussing religious topics here practically every day.
How funny life can be :);)

cataway

the body is a soul

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Better yet: what happens when you lose a part of your body? Do you also lose part of your soul?

Well, if you consider the brain a part of your body, then if you are a soul, then how you comes across to others change with loss of parts of the brain.

cataway

Can you point to where it is located within the body ?

Or is it THE body.

If it is the latter. What happens after death?
some one digs a hole in the earth the dead person is put into the hole and then the dirt is shoveled in to fill the hole .other wise known as a grave

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
some one digs a hole in the earth the dead person is put into the hole and then the dirt is shoveled in to fill the hole .other wise known as a grave

So, no afterlife? No heaven or hell? No resurrection or reincarnation?

cataway

Not without an immaterial soul.

Otherwise the "body" as you say is gone to worm food in a couple months.
i dont know where it is you get your idea's from . your wrong ,thats a given. . man does not have an immaterial soul or a immortal soul. he is a soul. he die's and can only live again as a direct act of God's son

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
i dont know where it is you get your idea's from . your wrong ,thats a given. . man does not have an immaterial soul or a immortal soul. he is a soul. he die's and can only live again as a direct act of God's son

Atman = Brahman

Is easier to understand for me :).