• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When does the soul enter the body?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Interesting.
Why do you think that is?
Your question needs Omniscience to answer
Nobody claims to be omniscient
Except Sai Baba

From my experiences, Sai Baba is Omniscient, hence I only trust His answers on such matters.

All others have at best bookish knowledge or hearsay (hear from humans or hear from God); not interesting to me (and your question I heard Sai Baba answer it Himself, as I was there when He said it in a discourse), so no translation errors or interpretation errors.

It only comes down to "does one trust Sai Baba", I trust Him with my life. Also, this was His own discourse, not an answer to a question asked (to me discourses and His own written books are the only evidence I trust on Spiritual omniscience needed questions)

Last edited:

Heyo

Veteran Member
Please support your belief with your sacred texts or your interpretation or the beliefs of your sect etc.
Really anything that directly or indirectly informs your personal religious beliefs on the matter.
I don't believe in souls but since nobody else did, I'll give the requested reference to the biblical view: Genesis 2:7 (KJV): "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."
I.e. the "soul" enters with the breath.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
As no religious book or human science thesis existed first. A human is. Human as the human.

We live after nature garden that oxygenated the heavens stretched holy water body we live inside of.

No thesis about self presence as we all live have lived for thousands of humans life over and over by human sex only.

Our human memory is inclusive. Human.

Above us God as concepts mass heavens swirling cooling G spiral O. You said the soul God owned that kept life safe human theist was above us in the heavens.

As we aren't any other humans thesis or humans pretend storytelling.

Our parents memory owns no self preaching. As they werent Adam and Eve as everything existed naturally it didn't exist by names given by human theists.

RestlessSoul

Different sects of different religions are going to have different answers. I doubt if any can support their claims properly. How would you even begin to? Ensoulment at conception appears to be a rather recent belief. And in some ways it makes a lot more sense. A miscarriage is hard enough to deal with if one does not have to treat the fetus or embryo as a human being. Do you have a funeral? Do you have to name it and have a period of mourning? But for the longest time it was thought that the soul entered at birth. Abortion was more of a sin because it covered up an illicit affair rather than due to the supposed murder of a person.

After a miscarriage (my wife had three), acknowledgement of loss, and a process of conscious grieving can be very therapeutic.

As for the elephant in the room here, I would never call abortion a sin, nor would I advocate against a woman's right to choose; but I would be wary of assuming it should or could be taken lightly.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Your question needs Omniscience to answer
Nobody claims to be omniscient
Except Sai Baba

From my experiences, Sai Baba is Omniscient, hence I only trust His answers on such questions.

All others have at best bookish knowledge or hearsay (hear from humans or hear from God); not interesting to me (and your question I heard Sai Baba answer it Himself, as I was there when He said it in a discourse), so no translation errors or interpretation errors.

It only comes down to "does one trust Sai Baba", I trust Him with my life. Also, this was His own discourse, not an answer to a question asked (to me discourses and His own written books are the only evidence I trust on Spiritual omniscience needed questions)
Fair enough

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
After a miscarriage (my wife had three), acknowledgement of loss, and a process of conscious grieving can be very therapeutic.

As for the elephant in the room here, I would never call abortion a sin, nor would I advocate against a woman's right to choose; but I would be wary of assuming it should or could be taken lightly.
I am sorry for your loss. That must have been hard for you both

Abortion is never taken lightly. Even among pro choice advocates. It is a very emotionally draining experience
I think it shouldn’t also carry heavy societal burdens, which it does currently. Which only adds to the trauma and anguish felt by people who elect or are even forced by circumstance to have one
It is in my opinion a medical decision that carries with it a significant emotional toll

RestlessSoul

I am sorry for your loss. That must have been hard for you both

Abortion is never taken lightly. Even among pro choice advocates. It is a very emotionally draining experience
I think it shouldn’t also carry heavy societal burdens, which it does currently. Which only adds to the trauma and anguish felt by people who elect or are even forced by circumstance to have one
It is in my opinion a medical decision that carries with it a significant emotional toll

Yeah, I’d agree with that, pretty much word for word.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Ahh but what if identical twins? They share the same DNA after all.
INTERESTING to bring DNA into the equation finding out about soul

The same DNA with identical twins, though they can differ in height etc.

So DNA is not the only factor determining how you change. Not the real basis for life. There is something more sophisticated, which make 1 person change differently under the same circumstances.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

So DNA is not the only factor determining how you change. Not the real basis for life. There is something more sophisticated, which make 1 person change differently under the same circumstances.

That could be nutrition, bio-chemical, epigenetics and so on.

danieldemol

Premium Member
I’m curious as to what the different religions actually specifically say on this matter. Since this is something I’ve often heard from various religious folks. (For somewhat obvious reasons lately lol.)
But I’ve also seen disagreements within the same religion even.

Please support your belief with your sacred texts or your interpretation or the beliefs of your sect etc.
Really anything that directly or indirectly informs your personal religious beliefs on the matter.

And please please be respectful guys. Everyone has the right to their own beliefs.
I was indoctrinated to believe the spirit is associated with the body from the moment of conception, but the spirit itself is in my opinion indestructible in nature and in no need of rights.

It is the body which needs rights, and that too only after it gains sentience.

In my opinion.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member

I agree with you. That’s why I don’t personally think the “DNA argument” holds up as it pertains to abortions

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
I was indoctrinated to believe the spirit is associated with the body from the moment of conception, but the spirit itself is in my opinion indestructible in nature and in no need of rights.

It is the body which needs rights, and that too only after it gains sentience.

In my opinion.
So, just for clarifications sake.
If a fetus is aborted for whatever reason, you don’t consider that to be any hindrance to the soul?

danieldemol

Premium Member
Fair enough

May I ask what lead you to this particular conclusion?
Basically its a combination of my indoctrinated belief in the immortal spirit combined with my personal thought that a just God wouldn't judge a spirit for being the way God made it.

In short I'm a universalist who believes in spiritual salvation for all, so there is no particular need for a spirit to go through life's trials to develop it.

In my opinion.