• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When does the soul enter the body?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Basically its a combination of my indoctrinated belief in the immortal spirit combined with my personal thought that a just God wouldn't judge a spirit for being the way God made it.

In short I'm a universalist who believes in spiritual salvation for all, so there is no particular need for a spirit to go through life's trials to develop it.

In my opinion.
Fair dues

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
:D

I thought about changes while being in the womb though (hence "same circumstances" I added), before popping out into the Big scary world

Take #2.
Sometimes twins get un-even nutriments in the womb. But that is generally not the case of identical twins as far as I have heard it.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Take #2.
Sometimes twins get un-even nutriments in the womb. But that is generally not the case of identical twins as far as I have heard it.
Just curious which source you have, who told you (doctor, clairvoyant, Master, Self?)

Colt

I’m curious as to what the different religions actually specifically say on this matter. Since this is something I’ve often heard from various religious folks. (For somewhat obvious reasons lately lol.)
But I’ve also seen disagreements within the same religion even.

Please support your belief with your sacred texts or your interpretation or the beliefs of your sect etc.
Really anything that directly or indirectly informs your personal religious beliefs on the matter.

And please please be respectful guys. Everyone has the right to their own beliefs.
I believe that when we begin doing the will of the Father the soul is born.

muhammad_isa

I’m curious as to what the different religions actually specifically say on this matter. Since this is something I’ve often heard from various religious folks. (For somewhat obvious reasons lately lol.)

Please support your belief with your sacred texts or your interpretation or the beliefs of your sect etc.
Really anything that directly or indirectly informs your personal religious beliefs on the matter.
The soul [ or spirit ] enters the fetus at around 4 months after conception.
When a Human Soul Enters the Fetus? - IslamiCity

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)

And please please be respectful guys. Everyone has the right to their own beliefs.
God infuses the soul from the moment of conception.

A biblical backup of this claim is:
Thus says the Lord, your redeemer,
who formed you from the womb
Isaiah 44:24a

You formed my inmost being;
you knit me in my mother’s womb
Your eyes saw me unformed;
in your book all are written down;
my days were shaped, before one came to be.
Psalms 139:13.16

Both quotes are dialogue between "God and me", where, there is no me without my soul (my body is nothing):
It is the spirit that gives life, while the flesh is of no avail.
John 6:63a

Spirit is the same thing as soul.
God is spiritual being and so is my soul a spirit.

wellwisher

In classic thinking there is the body, soul and spirit. The soul, by itself is classically considered inanimate. The soul is animated by the spirit.

Our static soul, which makes us unique, appears to be connected to our memory. It is our unique memories that would allow us to know we are who we are, and what brought us to this point in time. The soul or memory begins when brain waves appear. The soul begin by making memories of feedback from the internal control systems of the growing body.

Our DNA is also a type of soul; animal soul. Our DNA has all the memories needed to sculpture an entire physical and material you. However, by itself the DNA will not do anything. It is a static soul.

The DNA needs to be acted upon and animated by interaction with the external environment and the internal protein grid environment. When two daughter cells separate, both contain the same DNA, plus very similar protein grids, that are carried forward to help animate the soul of the DNA. The DNA is like a hard drive that needs the CPU to make it useful. The protein grid is like the CPU.

In the case of female gamete cells, preparing for fertilization, when 3/4 of the doubled DNA is extruded from that cell, this DNA is forever static memory, or soul, since it lacks the needed protein grid to animate it. It is like a backup copy of the DNA soul.

The elaborate protein grid within the ovum proper is the spirit of the CPU. When a sperm enters, and this adds the other half of the DNA; fully functional human animal soul, the combined DNA soul or memory becomes animated; genes are shuffled to reflect the grid.

Humans have two centers of consciousness; inner self and the ego. The inner self which is common to all animals is connected to our DNA. The inner self is the center consciousness connected to our species as a human; human nature. The inner self is like the spirit that animates neural memory soul, which can then be used to animate sub-memory within organs; spirit, soul and body.

The second center of consciousness is the ego, which is much newer in the time scale of evolution. It appears to have formed about the time of the rise of civilization. The ego is who we consciously know as ourself. The ego is also spirit; CPU, in the sense that through will and choice, it directs us and our sensory organs into life to interact and perceive, which impacts our stored memories; our soul.

The eternal soul is connected to our DNA, in the sense that it has memories from the most remote past. This soul has a connection to the inner self, since the inner self can animate the divine soul; primal urges.

In terms of when the soul enters the body, the answer depends on which soul; animal or human, species dependent or uniquely you. There are many lawyers of soul and spirit in the body.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
If it's not in the body where is? Hovering overhead? In the backyard? Back at the maternity ward?

I keep them in soul gems. They're not only great for occupying bodies, but they're great for enchanting weapons and armor, and for recharging weapon enchantments.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If this is the case, does the light survive the destruction of the lamp?

Yes it does. The body was a temporal housing, the soul given an opportunity to shine brightly in this world, or to remain unlit.

We are born on the edge of darkness and the beginning of light. The Soul is the potential of light, the animal self is the darkness within us.

There is a lot to consider in this subject.

Regards Tony

Fallen Prophet

I believe that a "soul" - or rather a "living soul" - is a spirit that is housed by a physical creation.

This is why Adam was referred to as a "living soul" the moment God gave him the "breath of life" - which I understand to be the placing of his spirit into his physical body.

As to when the spirit - rather than the "soul" - enters the body - it is difficult to tell.

The Bible claims that God "knew" us before we were "formed in the belly" and that - at least Jeremiah the prophet - had been "sanctified" and "ordained" before he came out from the womb. (Jeremiah 1:5)

And Ecclesiastes 12:7 claims that our spirits return to God after our physical death.

So - the Bible claims that not only does God know us before we are placed in the womb - but He is able to interact with us while we are in the womb.

Therefore - I believe that the spirit enters the body sometime during our incubation in the womb.

I also believe that our spirits were with God before we entered the womb - as per Ecclesiastes - but as to what we were doing?

I believe that we were actively involved with God's work.

For when God was rebuking Job - somewhat - He claimed that the "sons of God shouted for joy" at the time when Earth was being created.

I believe that these "sons (daughters) of God" were the spirits of all Mankind and we were joyous because we had either witnessed or participated in a great work and were about to begin the Great Plan of God.

Either way - I believe that the Bible teaches that the spirits of Mankind were present when the Earth was made and that we were with God before we entered into mortality.

Last edited:

PruePhillip

I keep them in soul gems. They're not only great for occupying bodies, but they're great for enchanting weapons and armor, and for recharging weapon enchantments.

So you see yourself as being purely animal, sans soul ? And you hold there is no purpose to our existance and
the universe just popped out of nothing and nowhere, for no reason whatsoever?

KW

Why does that matter?

Abortion would be a much more horrible crime if the fetus has no soul.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Did Bahaullah, Jesus or Muhammad claim to be Omniscient?
Jesus is supposed to be God and God's son by many of his followers. Mohammad did not claim to be omniscient. But Bahaollah (as I understand) claimed to be a mirror image of Allah. He said he is the sender of prophets and messengers. Now, is the one who does that, any different from Allah?