• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When does the body receive the soul?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
The soul is what you are; the physical body is simply the physical manifestation of a temporal aspect of the soul designed for specific tasks in a three dimensional environment. You were a soul long before you became fascinated with physical existence and you will be a soul long after your final incarnation. Try to deal with that now. Why is it that people are so fixated on conception, lol. The soul in some ways can be considered the first born or the product that god made in his own image.

Super Universe

Defender of God
Souls do not join at conception.

What, do you think they are waiting in line watching you finish your business just so they can jump into a single cell that might not even mature into a human?

Souls need a certain part of our brains to develop sufficiently before they can attach and this doesn't happen until at least 4 months.

Conception does not give life, the egg and the sperm are already alive. The soul is an evolved form of spirit but it does not give life, if you lose your arm they can supply blood, oxygen, and food to it and keep it alive but it does not have a soul, only the individual cells have spirit.

JayHawes

Souls join the Body at conception, this is the point where the whole genetic of the Baby is decided. It is alive and therefore has a soul.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Yes, but as I see it, awareness in a person isn't necessary for most of us to stomach the ending of a life of someone who appears to not have any [developed fetus, certain mental disabilies, infant, adults in vegatative states, etc.].
So the ending of a life is about us, not the one who dies. I agree with that.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Souls join the Body at conception, this is the point where the whole genetic of the Baby is decided. It is alive and therefore has a soul.
Again, The sperm is alive and the egg is alive before conception.

Dead sperm do not fertilize anything.
Dead eggs do not get fertilized.

"I believe that life started millions of years ago and that it is a continuous ongoing process." ~George Carlin

Booko

Deviled Hen
If you do not believe you have a soul. Please do not post in this thread.

My question is, When do you receive your soul? At conception or after your born, when?

Rick, you put this in Same Faith Debates...I should hope Christians generally believe there is a soul? :confused:

Are you sure this is where you wanted this thread? If not say so and any of the mods can move it wherever you like.

Just checking. :)

Super Universe

Defender of God

Souls don't join with DNA. If they did, people would never die as long as a single cell were still alive, something that is obviously not true.

Some of you obviously haven't even given this any rational thought.

Smoke

Done here.
Since life doesn't exist without the spirit, a fetus has a spirit and is therefore a living soul.
If life doesn't exist without the spirit, does it follow, then, that dogs, head lice, trees, and mushrooms have spirits and are therefore living souls?

Super Universe

Defender of God
The soul is distinctly different from spirit.

Spirit gives life, the soul is consciousness, better known as conscience.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler

Answer:

At Conception
-God
With its first breath.Genesis 2:7
~God

There you go.
My declaration of what God thinks is better than your declaration of what God thinks because I have a Bible verse in mine:yes: and you have no verses in yours:no:.

athanasius

~God

There you go.
My declaration of what God thinks is better than your declaration of what God thinks because I have a Bible verse in mine:yes: and you have no verses in yours:no:.

who said its my declaration? Its the churches declaration, they are Gods spokesman(Lk 10:16) and they know how to interpet the word and they have been around the block for 2000 years and were founded by Jesus himself. heck there the ones that gave us the bible that you quoted. Thats longer than you or I have ever been living. So why should I trust you over Jesus church?

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
~God

There you go.

I am so happy to see you quoting scripture. :clap

Booko

Deviled Hen
Souls don't join with DNA. If they did, people would never die as long as a single cell were still alive, something that is obviously not true.

Some of you obviously haven't even given this any rational thought.

I've no idea about the rational thought part, but Baha'i Writings speak more of the "attachment" of the soul to the body. It's not like DNA is infused with anything.