• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When did you lose your innocence????

Midnight Pete

There's a difference between a tabula rasa and an enlightened mind. If you are ignorant of ignorance itself, you can't be a buddha.

Midnight Pete

What an incredible change...most go the other way. what sect you practiced?

Ch'an / Zen.

But I had a Catholic upbringing, went to Catholic primary and secondary schools, went to a Catholic church with my family on Sundays. I was baptized into the Catholic Church as a baby. During my 20s I decided I wanted to explore Buddhism, so I found a local Chinese temple and took refuge in the Triple Gem of Buddha, Dharma and Sangha. I was a Buddhist for a few years but have since returned to Christianity. Currenntly, I'm a member of a Baptist church. I even had myself baptized again as an adult.

Misty

Ch'an / Zen.

But I had a Catholic upbringing, went to Catholic primary and secondary schools, went to a Catholic church with my family on Sundays. I was baptized into the Catholic Church as a baby. During my 20s I decided I wanted to explore Buddhism, so I found a local Chinese temple and took refuge in the Triple Gem of Buddha, Dharma and Sangha. I was a Buddhist for a few years but have since returned to Christianity. Currenntly, I'm a member of a Baptist church. I even had myself baptized again as an adult.

Maybe when you have had enough of your present doctrine you might look at something else, Islam for instance?

joea

Oshoyoi
Ch'an / Zen.

So from the No-Mind back to the Mind you prefer?

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
It was a hot summer day. A gentle breeze was blowing and I got my first view of a naked breast.........

Wait a minute, this thread is not in the ero's section is it?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Is it rude to suggest that you might eventually look into other religions?

Just so that you know, there is a whole subset of these forums specifically for people who want to choose a new religion (the Seekers DIR). While I understand that in some circles the suggestion might be rude or even offensive, these forums are definitely not one of those circles (although I guess some specific DIRs might well be).

Admitting the possibility of choosing a new religion in the future is hardly a fault, at least IMO and in that of quite a few forum regulars. It happens with many people, including some that are very respected indeed.

Midnight Pete

Is it rude to suggest that you might eventually look into other religions?

Just so that you know, there is a whole subset of these forums specifically for people who want to choose a new religion (the Seekers DIR). While I understand that in some circles the suggestion might be rude or even offensive, these forums are definitely not one of those circles (although I guess some specific DIRs might well be).

Admitting the possibility of choosing a new religion in the future is hardly a fault, at least IMO and in that of quite a few forum regulars. It happens with many people, including some that are very respected indeed.

I am not in the market for a new faith, Luis. :no:

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

Here's a much better way to ask the question put to me:

"Have you ever explored other religions?"

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
We had another RFer who was a former Buddhist - Vajrayana to be specific too (Kagyu) - who converted to Eastern Orthodox Christianity. Nothing wrong with that at all. I also know a couple of folks who left Buddhism for other beliefs. So I understand that it happens.

joea

Oshoyoi
We had another RFer who was a former Buddhist - Vajrayana to be specific too (Kagyu) - who converted to Eastern Orthodox Christianity. Nothing wrong with that at all. I also know a couple of folks who left Buddhism for other beliefs. So I understand that it happens.
After understanding the four Noble Truths and the Eightfold path, I'm supprised one would give these up in place of a dogma that is........