• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When Did You Become a Non-Believer?

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
At about 16 I started asking to many questions and was put off of Religion. I started dodging masses and fell in love with nature. I was supposed to be in church and was instead hiking or just laying in the sun. Up until my early 20's I would experiment with different churches looking for one that fit me. In my early 20's I found John Carpenter, and L Ron Hubbard and started to study religions as an Agnostic. Looking for one that would work for me. In my 30's I tried to create the prefect Religion one I could accept and have other's except as well. Finally in my early 40's I decided that atheism is the only path for me. It was a weight off of my shoulders. I am only now in my late 40's but I don't ever expect to go back.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
So, at what point in your life did you lose your belief (if you ever had any) and what caused you to not believe?
It was a few years, perhaps a decade or two after I met Vishnu. I'd had a few other "visitations" but that one was the real "show-stopper". What caused me to not believe? Well, if memory serves correct, I remember what I saw when I looked into his eyes... It took a few years for that to really sink in.