• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's your opinion of Hugo Chavez?

Personally I think that he wasn't perfect, and his government wasn't either. That said, he had a vision for his country and was one of the few leaders who had the bravery to stand for an alternative to American neo-liberalism in South America. I'm not saying that he's a great leader by any stretch of the imagination, but certainly living in America, one could be easily lead to think otherwise.

The government of President Chávez has significantly improved the living conditions of Venezuelans and engaged them in dynamic political participation to achieve it, and they at least deserve some credit for it.

Even The Wall Street Journal reports that Venezuela’s stock exchange is by far the best-performing stock market in the world, reaching an all-time high in October 2012, and Venezuela’s bonds are some of the best performers in emerging markets! Link: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303506404577446533158918806.html

The Achievements of Hugo Chavez » Counterpunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It is undeniable that his country is more equal after his presidency than before him
And he amassed a fortune for himself & his cronies in the process.
At one time, only the wealthy were kidnapped for ransom.
Now, even the poor enjoy this distinction.
Would we call this "win win"?

Me Myself

Back to my username
Hugo Chaves? You mean the man whose government made crime sky rocket and murder double? That Hug Chavez? Ghe man that made private business so hard that a lot of companies went out, the man who made oil be the 70% of exportaton of venezuela to be almost the 100% exportation? Leaving venezuela with practically nothing to offer the world beyond oil? That Hugo Chavez? The man so deluded and so iwlling to delude others that he said he was made to have cancer by he CIA from US? You mean the Hugo Chavez that left hospitals in venezuela in ruins? The Hugo Chavez that made inflation go up?

You mean e Hugo Chavez that did all these after his 10years of government? You adk me what I think of him?

I am glad he is dead. Hopefully it wont take 10years for venezuela to solve his mess, make murders to go down along with crime, inflation, their dependant on oil import.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Did I mention that kidnappings went up too? Organized crime kidnaps your kid and asks money. This went up like crazy.

I know a lot of fathers and mothers in venezuela must have been crying tears of oy with his dead. Not more than the tears they had to shed for love and concern thougco

dust1n

Zindīq
Venezuela-key-indicators--001.jpg

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2012/oct/04/venezuela-hugo-chavez-election-data

TommyDar

I think that he was a dictator. Plain and simple.

Some things may have gotten better, but in the end "numbers" really matter very little. The fact was that he was not one who was willing to cooperate with other world leaders because of his machismo and of his attempts to glorify his massive ego.