• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's your favorite religion?

What's your favorite religion?

• Buddhism

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Christianity

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Islam

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Judaism

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Taoism

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Sikhism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pagan/earth-based religions

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • Other eastern religion/philosophy

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Other western religion/philosophy

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
What is your favorite religion to study or read about, other than your own of course, and tell us why.

Please remember this is not a debate section.

Master Vigil

Gypsy religion.

Both Romani and Sinti. It is my heritage, and I love to learn about their views on the spirit world. While I am mostly Taoist, my spiritual abilities are from my Chovihani inheritance.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
I've always been fascinated with ancient pagan traditions, especially pre-christian Europe!:jiggy:

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I'm with Huajiro, I'd pick an 'all' button if there was one, hehee! I find myself most motivated, drawn to, and celebrated within the 'pagan' traditions, but I find that there's something to celebrate within each of them.

anders

Only one selection allowed, so I'll tell you here that I wavered between Daoism and Sikhism but chose the former.

Circle_One

I've always enjoyed learning about Santeria, though it's hard to find good resources pertaining to it.

Watcher

The Gunslinger
Master Vigil said:
Gypsy religion.

Both Romani and Sinti. It is my heritage, and I love to learn about their views on the spirit world.
Cool Vigil, I to have Gypsy heritage. Actually, I have it on both sides of my family tree.
I put Hinduism. I love Buddhism, but there are a lot of interesting stories in Hinduism. The Ramayana was very cool to read.

SK2005

Saint in training
I think that they are all so interesting to read about. I enjoy attending services of many churches because I love to learn and religion is my top interest.

Good call...no button for all!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I put down Taoism, but I could have just as easily put down paganism or Buddhism.

Master Vigil

"Cool Vigil, I to have Gypsy heritage. Actually, I have it on both sides of my family tree."

Really? Romani or Sinti? My heritage is the Carrozzoni family. My mom is Carrozza. Too bad they have been catholic for as long as I can remember. Just recently through research I found the Carrozzoni line. It made alot of sense after I found out. I just love their reverance for nature and nature spirits.

Doc

Space Chief
I like studying Eastern Religions now. Particularly Buddhism now. I have begun meditating and even have successfully done self healing.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Maize said:
Not putting "All" as a choice was done on purpose, folks. ;) Most of us would probably choose "All", that's why we're on this forum.
Ooooo! *makes pretend-frustrated gesture* Curse you and your brilliant thinking!

Christianity really is a fascinating religion. I especially like the emphasis on love and forgiveness. I think we can all learn from the teachings in the gospels attributed to Jesus.

fromthe heart

I chose christianity because that's the one I live with...but I too would have chosen an all button because I think all religions even the ones of disbelief are interesting to learn about. I respect others opinions and find a lot of them fascinating!:)

Zionic86

my favorite religion is knowing that the nucleus of existence put you here and wanting to be greatfull to the nucleus . AKA GOD. I also think science proves the concept of jesus as the messiah. I talk minutely about my reasons for this under the jesus poll thread under abrahamic religions. if ur interested.