• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whats your favorite play?

Bishka

Veteran Member
Booko said:
Oh my, I don't know why I forgot to put this one on my list!

And my husband does the best Lady Bracknell imitations. :biglaugh:

That has to be hilarious! I read the play first before I actually went and saw it, and adored it!

Tigress

Working-Class W*nch.
I forgot that I watched Hugh Jackman in 'The Boy From Oz' on YouTube...does that count? ...even if my foremost interest was the amazingly talented, beautiful Hugh Jackman, and his gorgeous bottom... ;)

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
favorite musical: Les Mis (followed by Jesus Christ Superstar)

favorite play: probably Death of a Salesman

klubbhead024

Kamala said:
Jeez, everyone jumped all over this topic, so why isn't this entire forum more active?

??? This is the most responses I have ever gotten from a topic!:)
People here are quite cultured.... what a nice change!

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
"Inherit the Wind" is a great play. If you ever have a chance to see it, I would highly recommend it. It's based on the 1925 Scopes Trial (aka the "Monkey Trial") which resulted in the conviction of a high school science teacher who went against Tennessee state law by teaching Darwin's Theory of evolution. It's been years since I saw it, but I still remember how powerful it was.

Another great play is "Proof," which won both a Pulitzer Prize and a Tony for Best Play in 2001. (It was made into a movie which was good, but by no means great.)

SoyLeche

meh...
My all time favorite is probably Les Mis.

I've really enjoyed most of them that I've seen, except Grease. I didn't care for that one.

We just went and saw Wicked a few weeks ago. That was great.

*note to self, isn't Phantom playing in DC sometime soon??? Need to check up on that*

PureX

Veteran Member
I saw a play years ago in Chicago called "Telethon", in a real nice funky little off-beat theater. And I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a spoof on the Jerry Lewis Telethons that used to be on TV.

Also, way back in the early 80s in Chicago there used to be a store front performance gallery that had live "art performances" on friday nights. It was only $5 to get in, and you brought your own alcohol or whatever to drink, and sat on backless benches. Man! I saw some amazing performances, there. Later, they moved it to a great little basement bar in uptown, and it got even better (but more expensive). I truly love that sort of thing. People just get up in front of the crowd and do whatever they think is meaningful. To me, this is the oldest and most pure art form there is. It's how art began all those millennia ago, around the camp fires.

Zephyr

Moved on
Plays: Macbeth and Hamlet. They're just classics.
Musicals: Sweeney Todd, and Cannibal! The Musical (If that counts. It was brilliant I say!)

Also, Our Town was just horrible. For serious. I had to play the scientist dude since nobody else in the class could pronounce all them big words.

Zephyr

Moved on
cardero said:
I could see that as a play more than I could see Hairspray or Big.
I think it was made into a stage production, but I've only seen the movie. Very much recommended.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Ah, I agree that folks here ARE quite cultured! Here's a few of mine, although I've seen WAY too many stage shows to remember them all:

Musicals:
Les Miserables
Phantom of the Opera
Pirates of Penzance
Rent
A Chorus Line
Tommy
You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown
Chicago
Into the Woods

Stage theatre:

A Streetcar Named Desire
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
The Glass Menagerie (perhaps my favorite of all time, and I'm a T. Williams fan girl)
Birthday Party
Death of a Salesman

Shakespeare:

Twelfth Night
Macbeth

And I wonder if Stomp! counts. LOL

I know I've forgotten at least a dozen shows. :eek:

Peace,
Mystic