• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

whats your beef with brexit?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
If our business men and leaders can't survive now in the massive EU market place with almost no restrictions.
How on earth are they going to manage in the cut throat market place outside.
And at the same time they will face new costs and barriers trying to keep existing business.

It is not as if we have not tried to survive outside before, it took us years for us to persuade them to let us join.
We knew their plans for the "common market" and helped change it into the EU,so we have nothing to complain about.

If you look at our most successful businesses and industries, they are all foreign owned. They will have no compunction moving or operating from elsewhere.

There has to be an industrial/commercial water level whereby trade and commerce is attracted to economical areas, for raw materials, employment, power etc etc. If we fall back then we're sure to be drawn forward again in the supply/demand merry-go-round. Just now I think that the whole western world and beyond is churning.............. I still hope that we stick to Brexit.

LionLooking

The Brexit referendum was the biggest waste of time and money - none of it was necessary.

It's obvious that, even if we do leave the EU, then we'll rejoin in a few years. And we'll have less influence than we would have had if we'd remained.

Not only that, all of the economic wos we're going to have to go through, could have been easily avoided.

What a complete f*** up

Notanumber

A Free Man
It means everything.
It means that 35% of the public can drag us out of the EU. Then, in 5 or 10 years time, we'll drag them back in - having wasted billions of pounds and thousands of jobs on the whole pointless exercise.

It sounds like capitulation is your middle name.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Does freedom mean nothing?
What freedoms did you not have being a member of the EU?
What will you be able to do on April 1st 2019 that you can't do now?

Let me answer some of these...
1. Eat chlorinated chicken
2. Eat Steroid/Antibiotic filled beef
3. Have a blue passport (we could have had that anyway)
4. Be able to queue longer when entering EU countries
5. Pay more for imported goods

Last edited:

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
OK - here's a few:
  1. The freedom to live, work and retire anywhere you wish in the EU

2. Job security. A report by the Centre for Economics and Business Research, found that 3.1 million British jobs depend on the UK’s exports to the EU
  3. Freedom to travel. Holidays abroad will become much more expensive after Brexit and the right to free emergency healthcare whilst on holiday we currently enjoy, will no longer apply
  4. Customer protection. The EU’s consumer rights ensure we are not ripped off if buying things from member states. We also have the EUs cap on mobile roaming charges
  5. Safety. Cooperation between EU states protects us from terrorists, paedophiles, gangsters and other criminals
  6. Economics. The CBI estimates that the net benefit of EU membership is worth 4-5% of GDP to the UK, or £78 billion per year
  7. International influence. Our membership of the EU makes us an important world player. Once we leave we will be relegated to a medium sized and less significant country
  8. Influence on EU policy. As the third largest EU nation, the UK has enormous influence on the institution. If you want to change something, do it from within - not from without
  9. Cheaper shopping. Once outside the EU our import costs will rise dramatically and the price of shopping will go up
  10. Abundance of workers. Professions which are short of staff (healthcare especially) rely on EU workers to keep going. Without them staff shortages will increase
For the 'man on the street', his job, the cost of living and the services he relies on will all suffer outside the EU
OK - here's a few:
  1. The freedom to live, work and retire anywhere you wish in the EU
  2. Job security. A report by the Centre for Economics and Business Research, found that 3.1 million British jobs depend on the UK’s exports to the EU
  3. Freedom to travel. Holidays abroad will become much more expensive after Brexit and the right to free emergency healthcare whilst on holiday we currently enjoy, will no longer apply
  4. Customer protection. The EU’s consumer rights ensure we are not ripped off if buying things from member states. We also have the EUs cap on mobile roaming charges
  5. Safety. Cooperation between EU states protects us from terrorists, paedophiles, gangsters and other criminals
  6. Economics. The CBI estimates that the net benefit of EU membership is worth 4-5% of GDP to the UK, or £78 billion per year
  7. International influence. Our membership of the EU makes us an important world player. Once we leave we will be relegated to a medium sized and less significant country
  8. Influence on EU policy. As the third largest EU nation, the UK has enormous influence on the institution. If you want to change something, do it from within - not from without
  9. Cheaper shopping. Once outside the EU our import costs will rise dramatically and the price of shopping will go up
  10. Abundance of workers. Professions which are short of staff (healthcare especially) rely on EU workers to keep going. Without them staff shortages will increase
For the 'man on the street', his job, the cost of living and the services he relies on will all suffer outside the EU

Lol Mrs mopp merkel let a million unknowns into Europe, you call that protection
The eu does supply us with cheaper healthcareh workers for sure but so does pakistan India Africa.
Before the eu we could live and work in Europe,maybe not so easily as now but there are approx one million who do are they more important than the millions in the uk?.
Have you ever watched the eu in action, its a farce, it cannot make a decision and needs radical reform, whether were in or out its not going to happen soon enough, it already has an inner and outer ring when those poorer countries start to sink, Italy is on the verge its going to be far more expensive.
The eu has managed to power the rise of the far right though, they haven't managed much else, what joke it is.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Lol Mrs mopp merkel let a million unknowns into Europe, you call that protection
Do you have any hard evidence that these "unknowns" are statistically more dangerous than naturalized citizens or regular immigrants?

The eu does supply us with cheaper healthcareh workers for sure but so does pakistan India Africa.
Your point?

Before the eu we could live and work in Europe,maybe not so easily as now but there are approx one million who do are they more important than the millions in the uk?.
So the rights of everyone don't matter as long as the rights of the people you want protected are protected?

Have you ever watched the eu in action, its a farce, it cannot make a decision and needs radical reform, whether were in or out its not going to happen soon enough, it already has an inner and outer ring when those poorer countries start to sink, Italy is on the verge its going to be far more expensive.
So you remember what Britain was like before the EU and what that lead to?

The eu has managed to power the rise of the far right though, they haven't managed much else, what joke it is.
The EU cannot be blamed for the general ignorance of people.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic

If it can't make decisions why are brexiteers complaining about them?
I can't imagine why you think the EU has powered the Far Right In the main Brexiteers tend to the right.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
What freedoms did you not have being a member of the EU?
What will you be able to do on April 1st 2019 that you can't do now?

Let me answer some of these...
1. Eat chlorinated chicken
2. Eat Steroid/Antibiotic filled beef
3. Have a blue passport (we could have had that anyway)
4. Be able to queue longer when entering EU countries
5. Pay more for imported goods

Omg....:rolleyes:
Maybe it's countries like Germany who will beg the British to keep exporting the same amount of goods to UK...on the British's terms..
The British will have more freedom to impose their tariffs....
Besides, the EU is made up of exporting countries whose economies also depend on countries with a big population, like UK.
it's the EU countries who need the UK...Not the opposite

Btw...what do I think about the British leaving the EU?
Lucky them

I hope you are correct but since little the Brexiuteers have promised looks like happening, I'm not holding my breath
If I understood correctly , you are worried about the origin and the quality of the products imported, after Brexit.

That's paradoxical, because, reading this article, Italy hopes to maintain (also, to increase) its exports to Britain, and it's disposed to accept any tariff imposed by the UK.
Cosa vuol dire la Brexit per il made in Italy. Numeri e previsioni | LUISS Open

Last edited:

Altfish

Veteran Member
Omg....:rolleyes:
Maybe it's countries like Germany who will beg the British to keep exporting the same amount of goods to UK...on the British's term..
the British will have more freedom to impose their tariffs....
the EU is made up of exporting countries whose economies also depend on countries with a big population, like UK.
it's the EU countries who need the UK...Not the opposite
I hope you are correct but since little the Brexiuteers have promised looks like happening, I'm not holding my breath