• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

whats your beef with brexit?

Tambourine

"The Enemy is Weak. Victory is close!" Until the threat has passed, and a new threat needs to arise, a new overwhelming enemy.

What will be the next enemy to be "defeated"? China? Muslims? Leftists? BLM? The EU again?
Who knows where the crank carousel will stop next?

Altfish

Veteran Member
EcL5QPtWAAcQVpa

Altfish

Veteran Member
Read this post from Twitter this morning and weep...

Any serious examination of our Brexit trade negotiations suggest the UK is playing silly b&ggers and was never sincere about a deal and we’re going through the motions to pretend we tried. The headbangers have won. So now it’s for them to explain what comes next.
Joining CPTPP is neither here nor there. We already enjoy "free trade" with 7 of the 11 and the rest are minnows. A US deal won't be comprehensive by contrast with the SM and it's difficult to see how it gets through Congress in this climate.
If you've been paying attention you now know that our customs systems aren't ready and driver accompanied loads need a permit to even approach the ports. No deal very much buggers our EU trade and adds unsustainable customs and red tape overheads.
We're not adopting any of the EU product regulations but in order for us to function at all we'll have to unilaterally recognise them meaning EU goods have no problem getting in but UK goods have a problem getting out.
Now don't get me wrong, there's nothing especially wrong with making ideological political choices, and we've chosen total severance from the EU in every respect, but at this point it's a basic courtesy to let the rest of us know what the plan B is.
You've been able to grunt about "WTO rules" for the last five years, which got you this far, but come January, the fantasy is tested by reality - and with a dysfunctional customs administration, completely unprepared for the task, it'd be helpful if we could have some answers.
It's kind of important now since the Chancellor Sunak appears to be throwing money around like candy. Superficially appealing though it may sound, it's kinda contingent on the UK being able to pay for it by way of making and exporting stuff.
One could very easily conclude that the Tories simply haven't the first idea what they're doing, and haven't even begun to understand the dynamics or the complexity of trade. I've been watching closely for any sign of intelligent life but the trade minister is Liz Truss.
It is perhaps impertinent of me, but might I suggest we leave the Americans to get on with their little mid life crisis and have a debate about this instead since we have less than six months before the **** hits the fan?

You may think it was written by a Guardian commentator or a pro-Remain campaigner but no, it was written by one of the leading campaign group for Brexit, The Leave Alliance.

The penny has finally dropped for even them.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Yet another Brexit Rat is to leave the UK'

Sir Jim Ratcliffe (UK's richest person) follows Dyson and Rees-Mogg in moving their companies abroad to remain part of the single market.
The car his company would have built in Wales, will now move to France.

Tell me again, the benefits of Brexit.

Altfish

Veteran Member
It was just 8-years ago that the London Olympics started, the country came together to celebrate it.

It is so sad how far the country has fallen since then and how much division has been created.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Farage isn't 'Law abiding' he's been breaking lockdown rules; the Tory party flaunts the lockdown rules so they are 'law abiding'; a Tory minister is taking bribes, he's not 'law abiding'. So I must conclude that the law abiders are Labour voters.

People are beginning to realise that Starmer is a leader...

More people now think Keir Starmer would be better prime minister than Boris Johnson, poll suggests

Starmers a little tainted by the Jimmy saville controversy,he was also a remainer who wanted to stop brexit,at least corbyn accepted the referendum result and this is I find dishonest and although I disagree with a lot she says Lisa Mandy would have been a good vote puller for labour but they'll be in the wilderness now for some time.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Starmers a little tainted by the Jimmy saville controversy,he was also a remainer who wanted to stop brexit,at least corbyn accepted the referendum result and this is I find dishonest and although I disagree with a lot she says Lisa Mandy would have been a good vote puller for labour but they'll be in the wilderness now for some time.
Starmer had little to do with Savile; it is just right wing nonsense. He was head of the CPS when the decision was made not to prosecute Savile but he was not the reviewing lawyer for the case. An official investigation commissioned later by Starmer criticised both prosecutors and police for their handling of the allegations.

btw
Isn't Brexit going well ... NOT
Project Fear = Project Reality

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Starmer had little to do with Savile; it is just right wing nonsense. He was head of the CPS when the decision was made not to prosecute Savile but he was not the reviewing lawyer for the case. An official investigation commissioned later by Starmer criticised both prosecutors and police for their handling of the allegations.

He was however director,I find it difficult to believe that such a high profile case went unoticed but we're all innocent until proven guilty.

btw
Isn't Brexit going well ... NOT
Project Fear = Project Reality

After all the shenanigans of both sides I'm still glad we're leaving,the EU want our fish and some sovereignty,all they have succeeded in doing is showing us why we shouldn't be in.