• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

whats your beef with brexit?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
ok, noted

And thats going to happen next Wednesday?

Lovely idea, my dads dream, (he was a hippy), he realised that the rich are not going to give up their lifestyle and communism does not really work

I agree,communism doesn't work but a fairer share of wealth does,next Wednesday the pressures on and fish will be on the menu,maybe they'll want to buy some.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I agree,communism doesn't work but a fairer share of wealth does,next Wednesday the pressures on and fish will be on the menu,maybe they'll want to buy some.

Redistribution of wealth is what communism is all about, you can't have a vibrant society and limit the benefit of making it.

Poached turbot with a mushroom, tarragon, wholegrain mustard and white wine cream sauce... that will be a menu that will solve the worlds problems.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Economics is not your strong point is it? A job pays its going rate. Sweeping the streets does not pay the same brain surgery. Picking vegetables does not pay the same as a prime minister. The rate for the job is determined by the value of the job, by what people are willing to pay for the product of the job. Not by your wish to make it pay more and cross your fingers it does not go belly up.

Its no good just saying who wants to work their butt off for peanuts. Someone has to or you starve, or import foreign labour at great cost of transportation and housing who will work their butt off for the going rate. Labour that you previously had anyway before the great debacle. And that's the end of that story.

You opinion is noted. Lets see how britain is doing in 5 years compared to europe eh.

What you describe is not that far away from the slave trade.

Those cotton farmers in the Deep South probably had a similar argument.

ChristineM

Premium Member
What you describe is not that far away from the slave trade.

Those cotton farmers in the Deep South probably had a similar argument.

Payment at the going rate is not slave labour, and you know it

Tell me, would you pay your house cleaner the same rate as a prime minister is payed?

Please explain your model of economics in which street cleaners are paid at the same rate as brain surgeons and how it works in the real world.

It's ok if don't have one but it shows you are only here to gripe without substance.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Lol? I don't find racism funny. Immediately following the referendum result there was a spike in racist offences. Racists feel the result legitimised and normalised their racism.

Neither do I at all but your using a very wide brush to incriminate over half of the people who voted in the referendum as racists,just because there was a spike it doesn't mean they were leave voters running amok,the majority of labour voted to stay but racism is abundant.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

Tell me, would you pay your house cleaner the same rate as a prime minister is payed?

Please explain your model of economics in which street cleaners are paid at the same rate as brain surgeons and how it works in the real world.

It's ok if don't have one but it shows you are only here to gripe without substance.

Thats nothing like what I said,I said a fairer share of wealth.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Neither do I at all but your using a very wide brush to incriminate over half of the people who voted in the referendum as racists,just because there was a spike it doesn't mean they were leave voters running amok,the majority of labour voted to stay but racism is abundant.
If you were a racist you almost certainly voted Brexit; if you voted Brexit you may not have been racist.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara

No I'm not incriminating all the people who voted leave; they are not all racists of course. But of the two choices in the referendum it's pretty self-apparent how racists would have voted.

"the majority of labour voted to stay but racism is abundant" - I'm not clear what you mean here. Please clarify, and (I suspect) provide some evidence for whatever you are claiming.

Notanumber

A Free Man

What you are describing here is true communism, but you may have noticed by now that I am not a communist.

ChristineM

Premium Member
What you are describing here is true communism, but you may have noticed by now that I am not a communist.

Correct, you are as far right as you can get without being overtly fascist.

And i see you did not answer any of my queries regarding your post

Thanks for the confirmation.

But just for your edification, I suggest you redefine your personal definition of slavery

Willing labour for the going pay rate for the job is not slavery

Unwilling labour for no pay and under duress is slavery

Think on that before making false and ignorant comments

Notanumber

A Free Man
Correct, you are as far right as you can get without being overtly fascist.

And i see you did not answer any of my queries regarding your post

Thanks for the confirmation.

But just for your edification, I suggest you redefine your personal definition of slavery

Willing labour for the going pay rate for the job is not slavery

Unwilling labour for no pay and under duress is slavery

Think on that before making false and ignorant comments

Such venom and on your birthday to boot.