• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

whats your beef with brexit?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The Daily Mail is suddenly realising that we need migrants ...

EVJjoAYUMAYUIM_

I said it before, didn't i say it???

Its a bit late for a wake-up call

And i understand it to be closer to 90k, i can't wait to see the rush of new British farm workers

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
So what you want is for the farmers to go bankrupt or food prices to increase considerably...

Your choice

The job pays what the job commands.

That's a bourgeoisie response to the proletariat,once upon a time in France you would have met madame guillotine but the french are more civilised nowadays.

Personally I'm happy to pay more,it's better for everyone imo,who wants hard work for peanuts and it puts more money into the economy.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
We are all reaping what the tories have sewn. They go for the idiot, sorry - low information, vote and we all get the "benefits."

This all began a long time before the bus slogan,after all Ted heath was a Tory and a musical idiot that put us in the swamp in the first place,forget "low information" there was no information at all about a trading block becoming a gravy train for the elite.

ChristineM

Premium Member
That's a bourgeoisie response to the proletariat,once upon a time in France you would have met madame guillotine but the french are more civilised nowadays.

Personally I'm happy to pay more,it's better for everyone imo,who wants hard work for peanuts and it puts more money into the economy.

This is not about france and revolution, (note, UK has a pretty bad rep for revolution too). It is about lazy Brits who will not work for the going rate. These are the same brits who screamed blue murder that Europeans were taking their jobs.

I heard today that brit farmers have had to charter plains to bring in European workers to harvest so you guys don't starve. Who needs europe eh? You do.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
This is not about france and revolution, (note, UK has a pretty bad rep for revolution too). It is about lazy Brits who will not work for the going rate. These are the same brits who screamed blue murder that Europeans were taking their jobs.

I heard today that brit farmers have had to charter plains to bring in European workers to harvest so you guys don't starve. Who needs europe eh? You do.

How much an hour do you charge an hour to work your butt off?,I'm going with more than slave labour from Europe gets.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Do you know how long a trade agreement takes?
As part of the EU, a massive trading bloc, the UK benefits from that negotiating position. Do you think the UK will be in a stronger or weaker position as one sole state? Will the UK be able to get a great trade deal with the US if in such a position? Or are you banking on our deals with Liechtenstein, the Faroe Islands, Palestine, Kosovo....
The sunlit uplands of the deluded, the ignorant, the wealthy, the selfish and the racist.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Do you know how long a trade agreement takes?
As part of the EU, a massive trading bloc, the UK benefits from that negotiating position. Do you think the UK will be in a stronger or weaker position as one sole state? Will the UK be able to get a great trade deal with the US if in such a position? Or are you banking on our deals with Liechtenstein, the Faroe Islands, Palestine, Kosovo....
The sunlit uplands of the deluded, the ignorant, the wealthy, the selfish and the racist.

Really,your adding the racism card?,who do you think benefits from low paid workers?,it's not the "trading block" we signed up to,it's a different entity with 5,yes 5 presidents,an overly complicated mess imo.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
That's how you price yourself into bankruptcy

I'm sure your worth it madame but people are more savvy about effort to reward nowadays, so again who wants to work their butt off for peanuts?,lots of people who work for less peanuts than here.

The EU has forgotten the people,it could have been so much better but it's not and this realisation is sinking in for Europe as a whole.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I'm sure your worth it madame but people are more savvy about effort to reward nowadays, so again who wants to work their butt off for peanuts?,lots of people who work for less peanuts than here.

The EU has forgotten the people,it could have been so much better but it's not and this realisation is sinking in for Europe as a whole.

Economics is not your strong point is it? A job pays its going rate. Sweeping the streets does not pay the same brain surgery. Picking vegetables does not pay the same as a prime minister. The rate for the job is determined by the value of the job, by what people are willing to pay for the product of the job. Not by your wish to make it pay more and cross your fingers it does not go belly up.

Its no good just saying who wants to work their butt off for peanuts. Someone has to or you starve, or import foreign labour at great cost of transportation and housing who will work their butt off for the going rate. Labour that you previously had anyway before the great debacle. And that's the end of that story.

You opinion is noted. Lets see how britain is doing in 5 years compared to europe eh.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Economics is not your strong point is it? A job pays its going rate. Sweeping the streets does not pay the same brain surgery. Picking vegetables does not pay the same as a prime minister. The rate for the job is determined by the value of the job, by what people are willing to pay for the product of the job. Not by your wish to make it pay more and cross your fingers it does not go belly up.

Its no good just saying who wants to work their butt off for peanuts. Someone has to or you starve, or import foreign labour at great cost of transportation and housing who will work their butt off for the going rate. Labour that you previously had anyway before the great debacle. And that's the end of that story.

You opinion is noted. Lets see how britain is doing in 5 years compared to europe eh.

Thanks for nothing it madame.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Meant "noted" but it is sustainable but only if the gap between the rich and poor reduces in size,right now it's massive.

ok, noted

And thats going to happen next Wednesday?

Lovely idea, my dads dream, (he was a hippy), he realised that the rich are not going to give up their lifestyle and communism does not really work