• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

whats your beef with brexit?

Altfish

Veteran Member
Any way, fishing rights that we are going to get back ... it turns out that the majority are controlled by just 25 businesses – and more than half of those are linked to one of the biggest criminal overfishing scams ever to reach the British courts.

Revealed: the millionaires hoarding UK fishing rights

Let's get our fishing rights back and put it in the hands of dodgy businesses.

Notanumber

A Free Man
You definitely are a troll.
Voting Remain = Treason:facepalm:

The actions of the Parliamentary Remoaners have cost the UK a great deal and will no doubt cost us a great deal more for as long as they can.

Their actions have been treasonous and how anyone can keep defending them is unconscionable.

Erebus

The actions of the Parliamentary Remoaners have cost the UK a great deal and will no doubt cost us a great deal more for as long as they can.

You've got Brexit and a Conservative majority. If you were both a leave voter and a right-wing voter, this is the best possible scenario you could have asked for.

This does mean that blaming the Remoaners for every problem we may face going forward isn't going to cut it anymore. Accept both your victory and the responsibility that goes with it.

Either prove us Remoaners wrong or hold those who sold you a Tory Brexit to account.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Their actions have been treasonous and how anyone can keep defending them is unconscionable.

Bull, it is not remainers who continually voted against deals and agreements. That my dear, was elected parliament

Ponder This

False - they were fourth. And it's irrelevant, because the fact is that the UK still paid the lowest per GNI of any country in the EU AND received a significant rebate from what it put in.
SOURCE: EU expenditure and revenue 2014-2020

I have to be honest here. I don't understand what I'm supposed to be getting out of the link you provided. The meaning of this information was genuinely inscrutable to me.

Who pays the most? presents some information in an easily digested form. It says, "Each country pays the same proportion of its national income to the EU budget, so richer countries pay more and poorer ones less. Some countries, such as the UK, pay less because they receive a rebate." I do think that the question of whether or not the UK contributes the right amount to the EU remains a matter of opinion.

As they had before, repeatedly, and failed. Yet this didn't stop the leave campaign lying and saying that Turkey were DEFINITELY going to join the EU. It was known long before that it was unlikely Turkey's application would be successful.

Since the question of whether or not Turkey joins the EU is a matter of prediction, I have to again say that it does seem to be a matter of opinion as to whether or not it will happen (as opposed to a known fact). I'm not so sure it would be a good idea for Turkey to join the EU. However, you've agreed that Turkey has tried repeatedly to join the EU. And, I've pointed out that Turkey still has the stated goal of joining the EU. So, it seems to me that this could remain a concern for people. I'm still inclined to think that this is just shorthand for immigration concerns.

Can you give us an example? Because it seems fairly obvious that the opposite is true - British and non-EU businesses are set to benefit from the removal of EU regulations on the UK market, at the expense of the British people.

Those in power seemed not to want to go along with the result of the referendum and seemed to want to find a way to change opinion in their favor to avoid going through with Brexit.

Because, by the time it rolled around, people realized that they had been had and that the benefits of leaving the EU would be nonexistent, so they dragged their heels.

And you agree... You simply also believe they are justified. You like the benefits of the UK being a member of the EU. Perhaps you can remind me of what those benefits are. As I pointed out leavers seem to think the UK is paying a significant amount into the EU... and the UK is paying a significant amount into the EU. The UK is a net contributor as opposed to a net receiver. So what benefit do you think would convince a leaver that the amount paid is worth it? What benefit would become "nonexistent"?

The problem appears to be that the opinions are entirely from the leave voters while the facts were from the remain voters. Again, it was the leave campaign that said we had had enough of "experts", lied about important economic facts, lied about Turkey, and instead leaned on vagueries like "sovereignty". There were NO facts coming from the leave campaign, just a mixture of deceptions and opinions masquerading as facts. Even Farage had to admit, hours after the referendum result, that the Leave campaign had lied about the £350 million a week for the NHS - and this was a HUGE factor in why many, many people voted to leave.

I'm not so sure that leavers were convinced because of the inaccuracy of a monetary value painted on a red bus (you are welcome to your opinion). I can see how leavers might be convinced that money that goes to the EU could be better spent in other ways. That said, why the NHS? Is the NHS a big issue in the UK?

Notanumber

A Free Man
The UK needs to hold a public inquiry into the actions of those Remoaners that assisted the EU’s attempt to overthrow democracy.

Altfish

Veteran Member

Take RESPONSIBILITY for this folly you have taken the country into.
You got what you wanted, deal with it. Stop blaming everyone apart from those responsible.

I predict that Johnson will soon be blaming the EU for not giving us deals.

Notanumber

A Free Man
You got what you wanted, deal with it. Stop blaming everyone apart from those responsible.

The Leavers have nothing to fear from a public inquiry, which is more than can be said for those political Remoaners that you support and defend.

Oxygen is the best disinfectant.

Altfish

Veteran Member
The Leavers have nothing to fear from a public inquiry, which is more than can be said for those political Remoaners that you support and defend.

Oxygen is the best disinfectant.
Public enquiry, what are you on about??

Where's the Russia Report - Johnson hopes we'll all forget about that,

Come on, you won, why are you still angry. Surely you can see the benefits?
Go on, I'll try one more time...what are the benefits?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

Impossible. The Nordic countries see UK as a model...they will force the Brussels élites to be sensible about this matter.
Not to mention Italy, my country

Btw...let us think of the future.
It is very bright. This is a new beginning for Europe
:)

Ayjaydee

Impossible. The Nordic countries see UK as a model...they will force the Brussels élites to be sensible about this matter.
Not to mention Italy, my country

Btw...let us think of the future.
It is very bright. This is a new beginning for Europe
:)
For Europe perhaps
Beginning of the end for England