• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the best purchase you've ever made and why?

Aqualung

Tasty
My best purchase was defintiely my computer. My second best purchase will be the upgrade I'm giving it this summer. :D I spend a ton of time on it, and I think it would be really inconvenient to be going to university without a computer. Plus, there's so many fun computer games, and the internet is full of interesting discussions.

My real second best purchase was my rifle. I love shooting, and owning my own firearm is just so cool. My third best item will definitely be the handgun I'll be purchasing this summer. :D

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I'd say Baggins, but I didn't pay for him. He was a graduation gift... The best thing I've bought with my own money is my car. It's a piece of crap, but it sure has saved me a lot of time that I would have had to walk... And it gets me to work, so I can make all of the money that I spent on it back, and then I have extra money too, to pay for other things that I need to pay for. :D Also, I hang out in my car during lunch sometimes. It's good fun.

Smoke

Done here.
My house because the property value only goes up and always will because the government keeps it within realistic margins and after purchasing a house (in Thailand) there is no tax ever on property or otherwise. I paid at the time (about 3 years ago) $25,000 US dollars for a new 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom rather nice "luxury home" as classified by Thai realtor's in a developing village which is now worth $75,000 US dollars as the village is finished. Thus I have a home tax free for life and no rent or bank payment ever due it's mine 100% free and clear so I will never be in the street.
Googling Thailand immigration ...

Jeremy Mason

Excluding paying for education or university (be it yours or someone else's), or making a charitable donation (as greatly admirable as both those are), what so far are the very best 1 or 2 purchases you've ever made and please elaborate on why you think so for anything named.

My computer, not only does allow me to listen and create music and all the other things it does, it allows me to communicate with all the good people at RF.

Draka

Wonder Woman
1. My first book on Wicca (changed my life all around)

2. Internet access (with it and Wicca I met Tim and started my whole new life and family)

my portable bike repair kit, bikes in my country arn't worth alot so i used it like 40 times already

tire flat: 12 times
tire spilt in half: 2 times
bikechain fell of :4 times
my peddles broke:1
my light broke:5 times
my bell got stolen/broken:3 times
my handles let go : 2 times
etc only thing that has never broken is the frame (has rusted and has dents)

Hope

Princesinha
My car. A 1991 Honda Accord, purchased from my brother (who also bought it used) over 3 years ago, for $1500. It's been through a lot---hit a couple deer, one of which dented the front end a bit, and one of which smashed my driver's side window to bits, tore off my driver's side mirror, and cracked the windshield----but it's survived, still runs well, gets good gas mileage, and has over 230,000 miles on it. I'm praying it will last me for at least a couple more years. It's a Honda, so I expect it should. ;)

OutOfTime

she cost me $200 but it was the best two hours of my life. fine i lie, it was one hour.

no i'm just kidding, i wouldn't ever do that.

Ciscokid

The first thing that came to mind was my garmin gps. I LOVE that little computer...it takes me where i want to go and even helps me find out where i want to go in the first place. It's a must have!