• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's love got to do with it?

Password

How much of an influence does love have on your choice of a religion?*
I believe religion to be defined from it's latin roots from the terms meaning "careful consideration."
If not love, what would be the most influential aspect(s) for you?

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Reason. I abhor love and its worthlessness in our lives. I have not felt it, I have not received, I do not care anything about it.
Love is to religion what family is to the deluded human being. Basing your religion off of emotional input serves no purpose but to satisfy oneself and reality does not serve anybody. Never has and never will.

Knowledge is my primary reason for being what I am. Knowledge influences my actions and my deeds when they are suppose to serve reality.

Nymphs

How much of an influence does love have on your choice of a religion?*
I believe religion to be defined from it's latin roots from the terms meaning "careful consideration."
If not love, what would be the most influential aspect(s) for you?

What do you mean by love?

But love defines everything in my life. :yes:

Password

Reason. I abhor love and its worthlessness in our lives. I have not felt it, I have not received, I do not care anything about it.
Love is to religion what family is to the deluded human being. Basing your religion off of emotional input serves no purpose but to satisfy oneself and reality does not serve anybody. Never has and never will.

Knowledge is my primary reason for being what I am. Knowledge influences my actions and my deeds when they are suppose to serve reality.

I think that I understand where your coming from, is it from a sense of others taking someone for granted?

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I think that I understand where your coming from, is it from a sense of others taking someone for granted?

That and other things such as one sided love. For example I have a mother who believes that material possessions equal love and thus grants her the right to curse, cuss and demean others.
People who assume they know what love is often do not. Love is nothing but an attachment to other things or people. It is not an entitlement nor qualification for responding deeds.

I have no love(attachment) to others because nothing in this world is consistent. I have love towards my dog and that is about it.
If god has a sense of love he is a fool. He hath not even shown us any love nor has he expressed a single action which conforms to the expectation of love. I can assuredly say that there is no such thing as an a loving god.

CynthiaCypher

Love is foremost grace outstanding. Love is grace and also love is wisdom to understand others and to commit them to your heart.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Love is how we live, move and have our being. Love is Gnosis.

How we live is destructive. The love of the prophets has not done the Middle East much good has it?

Love is also the anti-thesis to gnosis. Love is what deludes us into making fiction factual. It is destructive and insidious

InChrist

Free4ever
That and other things such as one sided love. For example I have a mother who believes that material possessions equal love and thus grants her the right to curse, cuss and demean others.
People who assume they know what love is often do not. Love is nothing but an attachment to other things or people. It is not an entitlement nor qualification for responding deeds.

I have no love(attachment) to others because nothing in this world is consistent. I have love towards my dog and that is about it.
If god has a sense of love he is a fool. He hath not even shown us any love nor has he expressed a single action which conforms to the expectation of love. I can assuredly say that there is no such thing as an a loving god.

I am sorry you have not experienced love from others, especially your mother. It is extremely difficult for children to grow up understanding the meaning of love or to know the love of God if they never experience it from their own parents. Real love is much more than emotional attachment, it is matter of the will. Determining to consider and serve others first with patience, kindness, and respect.

Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. John 15:13

InChrist

Free4ever

I think knowledge without love is empty and ultimately can never bring satisfaction.

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 1 Corinthians 13:2

ZooGirl02

Love has a huge influence on my religion. God is Love and He wants us to love Him. He also wants us to love our neighbors and even our enemies. That's my beliefs anyway.