• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's love got to do with it?

InChrist

Free4ever
So what is real love them? You just told me what love does not what it is.

I have said what love does because love involves actions, not just touchy feely emotions. Anyone can say 'I love you" or feel "in love" but it is the actions that make it real. Does that make sense?

So god has a Dissociative Identity Disorder? Jesus is god yet not god?
I never said He was not God. I said He was fully human and fully God. Didn't you say you've read the Bible?

No love is a chemical reaction involving oxytocin, serotonin, and neural patterns.
[/quote]

If you want to think love is only a chemical reaction, so be it.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
if that makes sense to you, okay, but it sounds too confusing to me and not what I see in the scriptures. I don't know where He said not to call Him God.

Jesus was born of the Spirit. He is a representative for G-d, not G-d in human form, that is a contradiction as far as I'm concerned. He said we would know the Father through Him, this indicates seperatedness, among other quotes which signify that He is a man. When Jesus says that He is G-d, it's because through the Spirit, He speaks for G-d. As a representation of G-d, this indicates that G-d is Jesus.
Jesus is G-d
Jesus is man
It isn't that confusing when we realize they are separate. Even the "trinity" has them separate.
But, regardless, it's the same G-d being worshipped.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I have said what love does because love involves actions, not just touchy feely emotions. Anyone can say 'I love you" or feel "in love" but it is the actions that make it real. Does that make sense?

This still does not explain what love "is". If it is a feeling this alone will not help because it does not establish it amongst the many feeling we have already.

I never said He was not God. I said He was fully human and fully God. Didn't you say you've read the Bible?

That makes no sense as it creates a paradox. I have read the Bible and understood it. I do not need faith or belief to understand the obvious.

If you want to think love is only a chemical reaction, so be it.

I do not need to believe that. Scientific fields such as biology and neurology back my claims up. What is backing up yours?

Password

So gathering from most of the information on here, love for some might be taken as a fear to be vulnerable, a strategy for peace, a sacrifice needed from others for those seeking forgiveness, and a focal term used in describing a harmonious usage that unites everything toward a greater good that we also call God.*
Imo, to be like Jesus is like the ultimate expression of love when fully exercised to its sacrificial end and will against all pride not carefully considered, an understanding of oneness as we become like sons of God through understanding the knowledge of Jesus being made the Christ, and the abandonments from and to the world a victory in the sense that Jesus did this so we don't have to in the same fullest measure. As long as we believe and seek this divine path we can have a continuation of life prolonging the physical and then uniting with the spiritual, an acceptance for physical punishments when justly deserved and unjustly given, and also a state of mind to conquer our physical death toward overcoming the fear of it. Anger can be good, fear can be good, all negatives can be good when determinably viewed, as long as we know we are not good because we have to struggle and strive to understand it. We are man, a conduit for good in the hopes to become eternally equated to it.*

When death is seen as our perfection and it's sting merely the last hurdle, love wins!

Last edited: