• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's a "Purple Penguin"?The gender inclusive name for boys & girls in Nebraska public schools

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
This is ******* stupid and I'm a transsexual man. I am totally against conflating gender identity, social roles and behavior. That's what these morons are doing and so they think they're being progressive, fighting transphobia and sexism when they're actually upholding those things. Gender is something you are, not something you do. These post-modern social justice idiots need to get that through their damn heads. I find this sort of political crap offensive and exploitative of a very painful medical condition. I, personally, just want to be left alone and not used as a pawn in political games.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This is ******* stupid and I'm a transsexual man. I am totally against conflating gender identity, social roles and behavior. That's what these morons are doing and so they think they're being progressive, fighting transphobia and sexism when they're actually upholding those things. Gender is something you are, not something you do. These post-modern social justice idiots need to get that through their damn heads. I find this sort of political crap offensive and exploitative of a very painful medical condition. I, personally, just want to be left alone and not used as a pawn in political games.
Don't mince words....say what you really think.

Btw, congrats on the 10K milestone.
You're an old veteran here now.
(That's a good thing...I think.)

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Ok.. I read about half of the article before I started to throw up in my mouth; both from the complete slant on the article, and from the fact that there is a school doing this to begin with.

Instead of calling kids in school something gender neutral, which is ridiculous, as we are born with a biological gender (regardless of whether or not that is our chem/brain gender). Call them boys and girls, teach diversity and tolerance. Then, hopefully, we come to a place in the future, when these kids can decide for themselves whether they want to be called a boy or a girl. It's up to them to choose their pronoun, the one that makes them comfortable, when they understand and can make that decision on their own. Until then I see nothing wrong with using the gender binary we have as it is accurate from a biological/physical perspective.

Apple Sugar

It smacks not of some notion of conflating gender roles, but rather as a sideways method of mocking trans children. Dismissing the very real societal hurdles that they face as minors and shall as adults, and dismiss all that by lumping all children into some idiotic Grr-animals coral so that they can abandon the typical pronouns, which trans children hope to have associated to them when they identify as a particular sex, and adopt instead some cartoon identity that marginalizes the gender role itself.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
It smacks not of some notion of conflating gender roles, but rather as a sideways method of mocking trans children. Dismissing the very real societal hurdles that they face as minors and shall as adults, and dismiss all that by lumping all children into some idiotic Grr-animals coral so that they can abandon the typical pronouns, which trans children hope to have associated to them when they identify as a particular sex, and adopt instead some cartoon identity that marginalizes the gender role itself.

:yes: Much agreed! It's a back handed attempt at making things "equal" while sidestepping the real problem which is discrimination against whatever the chosen pronoun is.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I do declare, I have been compelled to reach for my smelling salts while reading this thread least I swoon due to the fast pitty-pattering of my heart. Oh! Oh! Those awful liberals! Why, I swear this policy of theirs can only lead to bestiality and depravities of the sort one cannot properly mention in polite company!

Last edited:

Viker

Häxan
Oh man. This is going to be a fuss like the one over the introduction of the black Power Ranger.

Apple Sugar

Oh man. This is going to be a fuss like the one over the introduction of the black Power Ranger.
And don't forget the black captain America and femal Thor versions that are coming soon to comic book stores.

Orchestrated drama designed to manufacture chaos before the elections, in the case of the penguin stunt, no doubt. Fox news ran with this story and they're ultra-conservative.

adi2d

America. What a country!! (In my best russian accent. Can't remember the guy and too lazy to look it up). So many of these little darlings. Penguins kids humans graduate and can barely read but forget about that. Concentrate on their feeelings. Nobody keeps score because losing feels bad. Babysit them for 12 years then send them out in the world. What could go wrong?

Sorry for the rant

Apple Sugar

America. What a country!! (In my best russian accent. Can't remember the guy and too lazy to look it up). So many of these little darlings. Penguins kids humans graduate and can barely read but forget about that. Concentrate on their feeelings. Nobody keeps score because losing feels bad. Babysit them for 12 years then send them out in the world. What could go wrong?

Sorry for the rant
Yakov Smirnoff said that.

Don't apologize, it's right on target.
There are kids graduating today that can't find America on a blank world map. There are districts in some states where schools don't issue grades because it makes those who are too lazy to study, or would otherwise garner failing grades, feel bad.

A friend of mine surprised her daughter last school season by walking into her room to check on her homework. She'd written an essay out long hand and the spelling was atrocious. The mother commented and her daughter told her there was nothing to worry about. When she printed it off for school she'd have used spell check.

She checked her math homework as she was just starting to use the calculator. Challenging her daughter to do it on her own without the help of a calculator, she failed to copy the answers to a blank page. Basic math!

Greatest country in the world....dumbest kids. :facepalm: But at least their feelings are guaranteed safety.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Yakov Smirnoff said that.

Don't apologize, it's right on target.
There are kids graduating today that can't find America on a blank world map. There are districts in some states where schools don't issue grades because it makes those who are too lazy to study, or would otherwise garner failing grades, feel bad.

A friend of mine surprised her daughter last school season by walking into her room to check on her homework. She'd written an essay out long hand and the spelling was atrocious. The mother commented and her daughter told her there was nothing to worry about. When she printed it off for school she'd have used spell check.

She checked her math homework as she was just starting to use the calculator. Challenging her daughter to do it on her own without the help of a calculator, she failed to copy the answers to a blank page. Basic math!

Greatest country in the world....dumbest kids. :facepalm: But at least their feelings are guaranteed safety.

Please please please, tell me this is not a true story...

*sigh* School is about learning, if this is going on currently our country is doomed. (not that I don't think that already looking at the way people behave on the internet).

How does this BS happen? Who cares if little Timmy is sad because he failed? He should be retaught the subject until he understands it, tailor it to the child's needs, not some systematic everyone is equally taught the same crud. Everyone learns in a different way.

Now I just remembered something my Mom told me about how my little sister's homework is graded and I believe your story now. (Due on a certain day, but can turn it in up to a week late with no repercussions).

I am going to homeschool my kids: That is the only solution to this crap.

Apple Sugar

Please please please, tell me this is not a true story...
Oh no, it's true. She spoke with her husband and they pulled their daughter out of the local public school. She's being home schooled from this season forward.
They also moved her computer into the living room and on the kitchen bar counter so her mom could supervise her online activities.

Last year, when all this happened at the house, the school districts in the state where this happened adopted a policy that allows trans-gender students from K grade to 12th access to all public facilities designated for opposite gender.

That helped spur the decision as well. Because these guidelines didn't include money in the budget to close off for privacy those district schools that had full open room showers. (one giant room, multiple shower heads installed in the girls facility. Boys too, but the trans rule isn't going to impact in the same way.)

While sectioning off parts of the girls locker rooms in the gymnasiums is said to refute the effort of integration of trans persons. Particularly concerning are boys who "feel" like they have a girl inside.
Consequently, full males are now allowed access to school bathrooms for girls only, showers, and locker rooms. While Trans-boys, girls who feel they have a boy inside, aren't such an encumbrance. Because they can dress butch and still use female facilities.

Meanwhile, the sports activities years before stopped being awarded with placements for completion in competitive events. First place, second place, third place. The stigma those place awards would install in young psyches was said to be debilitating to child development. As long as everyone crosses the finish line that's what's important.
Meanwhile, the new school year here at 2014 included supplies list recommendations. Laptop, scientific calculators, or for the rich, graphing calculators and all book bags or back packs must be transparent so as to preclude weapons being brought to school.
Yep, it's all true. At tax payer expense.

*sigh* School is about learning, if this is going on currently our country is doomed. (not that I don't think that already looking at the way people behave on the internet).

How does this BS happen? Who cares if little Timmy is sad because he failed? He should be retaught the subject until he understands it, tailor it to the child's needs, not some systematic everyone is equally taught the same crud. Everyone learns in a different way.

Now I just remembered something my Mom told me about how my little sister's homework is graded and I believe your story now. (Due on a certain day, but can turn it in up to a week late with no repercussions).

I am going to homeschool my kids: That is the only solution to this crap.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

I completely understand your frustration and anger. You go through the pain and expense to mold yourself into the gender you identify with only to find out you've become a penguin :D. BTW do we now refer to male and female penguins as "Purple People"?

Apple Sugar

I completely understand your frustration and anger. You go through the pain and expense to mold yourself into the gender you identify with only to find out you've become a penguin :D. BTW do we now refer to male and female penguins as "Purple People"?
Yep!
It's the Olympic swim team readying for Rio!

giphy.gif